2022 - What‘s the plan?

Stu Antonio

Stu Antonio

Hi everyone,

2022 is here and I was wondering if there are plans to share, roadmaps to reveal or anything at all to tell about what FSLabs is up to this year. It‘s gotten very silent over the last few months, I‘d welcome some sort of „official“ future outlook and things to look forward to. Is the A320X getting further attention for P3D at all? Are MSFS plans progressing? Anything about new developments like 330/NEO/whatever? 

Maybe the devs clould throw us a little „2022-bone“? :) 

Cheers

• Like 12
Tom van der Elst

For the love of ...

Devs, please keep devving ( is that a word? well it is now! ),

and I'll buy that FSLabs A320NEO July 26th.

No need for roadmaps, I can find my own way.

cheers

Tom.

• Haha 4
Miguel de gonzalo

They said , that a bird with bigger fuel tanks it's in their mind , hopes in an A330 , as the A340 is almost retire..... :)

Stu Antonio

Guys, let’s not do that again. I honestly didn‘t want to create yet another speculation-thread for everybody to voice their thoughts on why the next product should be a NEO/330/350/sailplane. :) There are many of those already.  

This is just a kind request (no demand) do the devs to maybe think about giving us a litttle 2022 roadmap.

But meanwhile Andrew made an interesting comment in the Concorde section, that explains a bit how the dynamic technical and market situation makes it very hard for them to give any announcements (and apparently also creates a lot of insecurity among the dev team intself), so I have the feeling we won‘t get any real roadmap.

I just hope the A320 product line for P3D will also get a little lift this year. :)   

• Like 4
STEFAN DORDEVIC
4 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I just hope the A320 product line for P3D will also get a little lift this year. :)   

Well they will have to do it one way or another if they want to stay competitive.Not just for A320, but also for the A3XX.

They have another big player in the market and that's Fenix Stimulations, who are backed by ProSim which means that features and systems can be easily updated to or near current Airbus standards.

Their A320 will have most of the features this product is lacking, but it doesn't mean that FsLabs can't do something about it. Maybe they are already doing something that is unknown to us.

In the end, having multiple high quality developers for Airbus will benefit us as customers.

• Like 1
Michele Benedetti

NEO? No thanks. We need long haulers. A330/A340/A350/A380/A33NEO. But first things first, the new Concorde V2. I don't think we'll know what the A3XX really is at least until Concorde V2 is released.  

• Like 3
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

FSL set the bar of consumer-grade flight simulation to an all-time high. I have no doubts that whatever they are working on, will be extraordinary. 

In my opinion:

No need for public deadlines or even roadmaps, those change all the time anyways, and they are often a source of stress. 

No need to make promises about the uncertain future.

However, I would be super interrested to hear about the "recent past", or, you know, some behind the scenes stuff like "yeah, last month we've been working on the INS, we ran into this or that roadblock but thanks to this random museum then we obtained this technical data that allowed us to blabla".

The control center came with some very exciting teasing material (MSFS tab, concorde screenshots), so we KNOW that something is going on, no need to panic :)

Tom van der Elst
14 minutes ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

In my opinion:

No need for public deadlines or even roadmaps, those change all the time anyways, and they are often a source of stress.

There ya go,

case in point : the raging P3D4/P3D5 vs P3D5 only debate in the Concorde Forum just now.

As Stu says, the situation is really insecure at the moment,

and thus giving out any statement would be ill-advised.

cheers

Tom.