Thrustmaster TCA, general question

David Spaulding

David Spaulding

I’m thinking of getting this, however, I already have the warthog HOTAS. My question is, has owners out there only used the warthog stick and the TCA throttle quad? I’m more interested in the quadrant with the detents for bus driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A_ndré_F_olkers
3 hours ago, David Spaulding said:

I’m thinking of getting this, however, I already have the warthog HOTAS. My question is, has owners out there only used the warthog stick and the TCA throttle quad? I’m more interested in the quadrant with the detents for bus driving. emoji589.pngemoji589.pngemoji589.png

Well the immersion is there, but my main reason was also left and right side possible with the stick... plus the integration with the FSL bus...

Sold my Warthog stick :o

Tom van der Elst

I used an X52 HOTAS before and also sold that, I now have 2 TCA sticks ( one on standby ) and 1 tca throttle and I'm gonna keep it that way.

They are a wonderful economic solution and perform well, imho.

And as I am only flying the bus nowadays it's the best solution.

David Spaulding
Well the immersion is there, but my main reason was also left and right side possible with the stick... plus the integration with the FSL bus...
Sold my Warthog stick

Really? I thought the smoothness of the Warthog would be better than the TCA stick, mainly because it appears to mostly be plastic and more shorter than the actual thing.

Tom van der Elst

It is a better stick then my X52 was, I can tell you that much.

Much more precise and it feels better.

A_ndré_F_olkers
14 hours ago, David Spaulding said:

Really? I thought the smoothness of the Warthog would be better than the TCA stick, mainly because it appears to mostly be plastic and more shorter than the actual thing.

Well I personally felt the warthog pretty overrated hardware to begin with, as for build quality nothing comes close to that warthog metal.

As for smoothness / preciseness I prefer the TCA stick over the warthog for the airbus.

Disadvantage is the jutter of the yaw axis which occurs after 6 months (not a real issue, since I use rudder pedals), however with a post from Tom pretty easy to solve...

The small manual thrust range of the TCA is very short compared to real life (there is great mod from Holger here at the forum)

Since I'm using the TCA add-on not at the exact height (at my desk) as the real airbus so a non issue here local  ;-) Hence the contrary for me.

The Warthog throttle even with the airbus detent mod, not even close to the TCA throttle regarding functionality and airbus combo.

Hope it's helpful and if always ymmv.

• Like 3