Jump to content

TCA Quadrant issues


AndrewClarke

Recommended Posts

AndrewClarke

Hi

Have spent the entire weekend trying to set this up correctly - I think i now have the spoilers,flaps and throttles working correctly but some of the other buttons are doing strange things and I cannot work out why. I have detailed these below.

I have checked in the FS Labs input menu and all of these commands are correctly set to the correct buttons on the quadrant:

 - Landing Gear - when i move the lever to the UP position on the quadrant nothing happens. If i then move it back to the down position, the gear retracts. I then have to move the lever back to the UP position to reflect the correct position of the gear

- Parking brake - If i release it on the quadrant nothing happens. But if i then reapply it on the quadrant, the brake is released in the sim. As with the landing gear, i then have to move the lever again so it reflects the correct position of the brake.

ENG 1 and ENG 2 on/off BUTTONS / CRANK / IGN START / RUD TRIM  - nothing happens in the sim when i press these on the quadrant

As mentioned above, all of these are correctly allocated to the correct buttons on the hardware.

I have looked in the KEY ASSIGNMENTS tab but cannot find ENG 1 and ENG 2 on/off BUTTONS / CRANK / IGN START / RUD TRIM listed ? If they are there and don't have a button assigned to them, would this be why they aren't working when i press the buttons on the quadrant ?

 

Really grateful for advice please as I'm incredible frustrated that it has taken me two days to try and get this up and running :(

 

Thanks in advance

 

 

Link to comment
Ross McDonagh
3 hours ago, AndrewClarke said:

Hi

Have spent the entire weekend trying to set this up correctly - I think i now have the spoilers,flaps and throttles working correctly but some of the other buttons are doing strange things and I cannot work out why. I have detailed these below.

I have checked in the FS Labs input menu and all of these commands are correctly set to the correct buttons on the quadrant:

 - Landing Gear - when i move the lever to the UP position on the quadrant nothing happens. If i then move it back to the down position, the gear retracts. I then have to move the lever back to the UP position to reflect the correct position of the gear

- Parking brake - If i release it on the quadrant nothing happens. But if i then reapply it on the quadrant, the brake is released in the sim. As with the landing gear, i then have to move the lever again so it reflects the correct position of the brake.

ENG 1 and ENG 2 on/off BUTTONS / CRANK / IGN START / RUD TRIM  - nothing happens in the sim when i press these on the quadrant

As mentioned above, all of these are correctly allocated to the correct buttons on the hardware.

I have looked in the KEY ASSIGNMENTS tab but cannot find ENG 1 and ENG 2 on/off BUTTONS / CRANK / IGN START / RUD TRIM listed ? If they are there and don't have a button assigned to them, would this be why they aren't working when i press the buttons on the quadrant ?

 

Really grateful for advice please as I'm incredible frustrated that it has taken me two days to try and get this up and running :(

 

Thanks in advance

 

 

Have you deleted everything in the P3D control menu?   Start with that and then double check the FSLabs input menu under addons.  Start with that I’d say.  

Link to comment
AndrewClarke
19 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Have you deleted everything in the P3D control menu?   Start with that and then double check the FSLabs input menu under addons.  Start with that I’d say.  

Hi

With the help of a nice Scottish man, i have now managed to get the quadrant working. However now having an issue with the nose steering that i will create a post for

Link to comment
Ross McDonagh
12 hours ago, AndrewClarke said:

Hi

With the help of a nice Scottish man, i have now managed to get the quadrant working. However now having an issue with the nose steering that i will create a post for

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help at first.  Was working the last two days but I’ve had an experience where the default assignments screwed up FSL control inputs. 

Link to comment
Miguel de gonzalo
3 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help at first.  Was working the last two days but I’ve had an experience where the default assignments screwed up FSL control inputs. 

Make sure you press the button on the steering wheel to make it turn , also on mcdu there is a part that says stick for the steering wheel , so once you press the button it will stay press so you can turn on the ground the aircraft ,  press it again and it will let the rudder pedals move again. hope that helps.

Cheers 

Link to comment
AndrewClarke
10 hours ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Make sure you press the button on the steering wheel to make it turn , also on mcdu there is a part that says stick for the steering wheel , so once you press the button it will stay press so you can turn on the ground the aircraft ,  press it again and it will let the rudder pedals move again. hope that helps.

Cheers 

When i press the button again after taxiing, the rudder does NOT come back . I can either use the tiller OR the rudder  but NOT both - using the button does not allow me to switch between the two for some reason and I'm totally stumped as to why ?

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...