Line on the horizon

Mohamed BOUKHETIR

Mohamed BOUKHETIR

Hello, I've a problem with my P3D v5.3 and I think it's because of REX Sky Force 3D. I've an ugly line in the horizon when the sky is covered by clouds (look at the picture)... Someone could help me ?

I think this might be a different problem than the one they fixed in the "hotfix-hotfix". I could be wrong but anyway, here's my input because it looked similar in my case.

I find it very annoying these days with all the add-ons running to identify what exactly the reason for any issue might be. It's getting increasingly harder to get everything up to speed after a big P3D update, sometimes even the developers aren't sure if it's their problem, a different developer's or even an unfortunate combination.... ! 

In my case, I narrowed it down to (presumably) Envshade. When I don't use Envshade, everything looks okay.

See several topics I created during my "investigation" about it here, no fix as of today:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=144226

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/8027-max-upper-visibility.14181/

https://www.togaprojects.com/forum/envshade/v5-3-hf1-update-1-horizon-always-visible

But your's could be a different problem after all... 

52 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

In my case, I narrowed it down to (presumably) Envshade. When I don't use Envshade, everything looks okay.

Have you updated the TOGA tools (Envdir/Envshade)?
The latest changelog seems to contain something which may be relevant.

envdir.png

15 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

Have you updated the TOGA tools (Envdir/Envshade)?
The latest changelog seems to contain something which may be relevant.

envdir.png

Yes, I'm an all latest versions, the issue is still there.

Mohamed BOUKHETIR

Indeed, it doesn't change anything. In all cases, I deleted EnvShade and bought ActiveSky P3D today : it seems to be corrected... REX Sky Force 3D is not very good.

11 hours ago, Mohamed BOUKHETIR said:

An advice, never use them

I have been using both for years and really enjoying them. It‘s a must for my visual sim experience, so I wouldn‘t support a general advice to „never use them“. If you understand the products, set things up correctly and with care, it‘s a huge improvement compared to the vanilla shader/clouds. In my opinion. 

• Thanks 2
Holger Teutsch

I guess you must be logged in. So here is the post

The culprit is in shader FuncLibrary.fxh function CalculateFogAndTransmittance at around line 477. Insert 1 line

1434352233_Screenshot2021-12-29145344.thumb.jpg.f719dc8de565de07853609d50716045a.jpg

• Thanks 2