Improve performance on the FSLabs A32X serious on P3D V5.3

ibraheemnabeel

ibraheemnabeel

Hey folks! Hope everyone doing well!

So - I have a pretty capable system.
32Gbs of Ram

Ryzen 5900X with HT disabled.

3080 Strix GPU.

However, when I fly the FSlabs bird, the GPU/CPU usage is very inconsistent as you can see in the attached screenshot and frames are drastically much lower than they're with the PMDG aircrafts (GPU usage is higher and is very stable with any of the PMDG airplanes.)

So question I got here for the FSlabs devs are they are any recommendation to do to improve performance and make it in par with the PMDG? Also, reduce stutter and amend it so that less CPU is used and more GPU is used.

Thanks all!

2021-12-18_15-22-6-258.jpg

Here is another screenshot
after blasting out of Vegas, notice the inconsistency between CPU/GPU - it just never stable and frames are all over the place.

2021-12-18_15-46-46-657.jpg

ibraheemnabeel

I have HT off as well @Rado Sutto - the issue is that when usage shifts from CPU to GPU, that's when performance dips so asking here to see if FSLabs devs have any suggestions on how to prevent this sudden CPU demand and keep constant GPU usage.

Alexander Luzajic
8 hours ago, Riccardo Masia said:

On 5.3 this is a LM issue, not an FSLabs issue. I suggest to wait for a HF.

4 hours ago, ibraheemnabeel said:

@Riccardo Masia are you sure that it is the case? Cause PMDG planes are way smoother, it just the FSlabs ones that are causing such issues.

As far as I can see with 5 flights made with FSL there is no issue at all after first initial flight and confusion with AM etc. I mentioned on another topic that FSL disabled AM with ";" in front of everything. Of course not to blame FSL or LM. I am not even sure what and why that was used by default for first time. However after some research and setting AM I am happy camper for now. I have very stable SIM. And as many mentioned that depends on each individual hardware and settings and I am not sure if LM can make blanket fix for all of us. Only issue is with TRAFFIC and that is the killer.

That's how it appears to be as far as I can gather information on all forums. But as always, LM comes with HF so let's see what that will bring us. Hopefully no more headaches.  :)

Yesterday I performed flight from Kathmandu to Skardu, without any performance problem, simulation was stutters free. I have visibility limit on 200 miles in ActiveSky 8016, in the manual is notice about distances in statute miles, but from my observations these distances are in naval miles too. And that's mean I had visibility 370 km. Cloud draw distance 180 miles.

yEMaRav.png

In the red circle on the horizon is Nanga Parbat, almost 200 miles away.

Skyvector : https://skyvector.com/?ll=34.36792442927298,75.5744018715008&chart=301&zoom=7&fpl= VNKT DARKE KTM313087 3325N07753E BUNGI DELDA BIREB OPSD

Screenshot is from position 3325N07753E, 211 miles from BUNGI.

I'm very satisfied with FSL A320X v184 + v5.3 performance.

• Like 1

Yesterday I installed P3D HF of HF1, A320X v186 and ActiveSky b8027. Then performed some test flights and again did not observed any problems. IMHO, performance was bit better than in the previous version, VRAM usage similar with v5.2HF1.

I updated to the latest version yesterday. So far all is good with me. No stutters and solid frames. Good job to all the DevsB)

Screenshot_149.png

Matt Richards

It’s definitely a system specific thing. I’m on 5.3HF1 with update 1 and performance of the sim and the FSL buses is the best I’ve had. I do run at 60hz with half adaptive refresh rate and unlocked fps. Holds nicely at 30fps, even in heavy areas with ORBX, complex airports and weather.

ibraheemnabeel

It is a system specific issue indeed. I've emailed the folks at FSlabs hopefully they'll have a suggestion or a solution.

ibraheemnabeel
On 12/23/2021 at 11:35 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

From the top of this forum

image.jpeg

Hey Norman, I emailed you guys over a week ago. No response as of yet.

Norman Blackburn

During the holidays.  We only returned to work on Monday and working through the backlog.

ibraheemnabeel
22 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

During the holidays.  We only returned to work on Monday and working through the backlog.

Okay, fair enough. So when should I hear back from you folks?

Norman Blackburn
13 minutes ago, ibraheemnabeel said:

Okay, fair enough. So when should I hear back from you folks?

Most likely in the coming hours.

Allan RG Kidd

How do I show the CPU/GPU information shown in the first screen shot above?

Since updating to the development channel I am getting stutters on A319-X - fps drops to around 7 then gets up to the low 20s as the flight progresses. Other study level commercial jets I own do not have this issue. 

Miguel de gonzalo
4 hours ago, Allan RG Kidd said:

How do I show the CPU/GPU information shown in the first screen shot above?

Since updating to the development channel I am getting stutters on A319-X - fps drops to around 7 then gets up to the low 20s as the flight progresses. Other study level commercial jets I own do not have this issue. 

Got to say I've got excellent fps , same as pmdg etc , there is something wrong there , computer , P3d, Nvidia settings etc , what did helped me a lot is windows bloatware as smt off , 45 fps with everything at max settings 

Michael Petersen

make a check to UmPolicy under aircraft/data folder. 

It seems they can be different from Airbus A3X installation types .

If you have issue try delete them (after backup) and restart P3D . You will likely have an option to optimise again. 

I choose not to optimise on restart and it helped alot but this is just my setup.

P3D 5.3 is making a AM section to p3d.cfg witch is changing sometimes as well (between AM=83 and 85 on my system)

Michael Moe

ibraheemnabeel
7 hours ago, Michael Petersen said:

make a check to UmPolicy under aircraft/data folder. 

It seems they can be different from Airbus A3X installation types .

If you have issue try delete them (after backup) and restart P3D . You will likely have an option to optimise again. 

I choose not to optimise on restart and it helped alot but this is just my setup.

P3D 5.3 is making a AM section to p3d.cfg witch is changing sometimes as well (between AM=83 and 85 on my system)

Michael Moe

So delete it and leave it deleted? I think it builds a new one after I re-launch it.

Michael Petersen
18 hours ago, ibraheemnabeel said:

So delete it and leave it deleted? I think it builds a new one after I re-launch it.

Delete them and decide if you want to rebuild it. It can be ticked off during a restart.

Michael Moe

I get the FPS low when I transfer to v5.3. 

And I don't what is going on. 

But after I try to uninstall the FSL product from FSL Control Center. Then Reinstall it again. And also delete the shade of P3d. I found the FPS is good than the 5.2, and the stutter is not happen compare with 5.2.

I hope it can help you.

Konstantin Lysenko

In my case I notice FPS fluctuations with FSLabs planes. When I load default F22, my FPS is steady at 33 (locked in the sim). Once I load bus, FPS start fluctuating between 26-33. I raised FPS limiter to 40 and fluctuations started between 26 and 38.

So exactly same situation with bus being only difference. Not sure, but it may be connected to P3D itself or maybe not. P3D v5.3 HF1 + light fix.

Hardware:

4k resolution monitor with G-SYNC

i9 9900k @ 4.8GHz

32Gb RAM DDR 4 @ 4000MHz, CL19

Nvidia RTX 3090

SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb

P.S.

What is also strange is that CPU and GPU never reach 100% load on the ground while FPS are low. In flight CPU is almost maxed but GPU is at around 30-40% load. But this I think is the sim problem for sure.

ibraheemnabeel
4 hours ago, Konstantin Lysenko said:

In my case I notice FPS fluctuations with FSLabs planes. When I load default F22, my FPS is steady at 33 (locked in the sim). Once I load bus, FPS start fluctuating between 26-33. I raised FPS limiter to 40 and fluctuations started between 26 and 38.

So exactly same situation with bus being only difference. Not sure, but it may be connected to P3D itself or maybe not. P3D v5.3 HF1 + light fix.

Hardware:

i9 9900k @ 4.8GHz

Nvidia RTX 3090

P.S.

What is also strange is that CPU and GPU never reach 100% load on the ground while FPS are low. In flight CPU is almost maxed but GPU is at around 30-40% load. But this I think is the sim problem for sure.

Yup! Exactly same problem for me but narrowing down the cause is just a hard one since we all use different hardwares.

18 hours ago, Konstantin Lysenko said:

Hardware:

i9 9900k @ 4.8GHz

Nvidia RTX 3090

P.S.

Look at my VRAM usage, it's near 9 gbps- something is wrong here indeed. Likely a memory leak.

2022-1-17_23-24-31-450.jpg

Norman Blackburn
8 minutes ago, ibraheemnabeel said:

Look at my VRAM usage, it's near 9 gbps- something is wrong here indeed. Likely a memory leak.

Please dont confuse video ram and regular memory.  

Konstantin Lysenko

I cannot be 100% sure if the bus is the cause for the strange performance, but I will try and play with different addons by disabling them to see if it will make any difference.

So far I was trying different sim settings and they don't make much of a difference. Will post here if I find something interesting.

Regards

Konstantin Lysenko

Ok, so I have tried disabling different addons and no changes to FPS behavior.

I also noticed that FPS is more stable with the default FSL livery, so partially or fully issue may be connected to the user submitted liveries.

I have managed to improve stability in FPS fluctuations by the following:

- reinstalling FSLabs planes;

- set in sim FPS limiter to 60 and to 33 in Nvidia CP, run sim with FFTF dynamic tool;

Now fluctuations are happening within 2-3 FPS.

I also noticed some strange CPU core readings when I load FSLabs which doesn't happen with the default planes. Don't know if it is connected, but maybe someone else can tell.

perf.jpg