fsl spotlights not working

Richard Lawrence

Richard Lawrence

I'm posting this because I've searched this forum and tried all the techniques to fix this issue, but nothing has worked.  Since I've had the A320 and FSL Spotlights, FSL Spotlights has never connected to the sim.  I've had the A320 for a longtime but wasn't really bothered that Spotlights wasn't working because it didn't affect my usage with the A320. Active Sky works and the A320 works fine so it's not a simconnect issue. I'm not on a network either.  It's not a huge issue that Spotlights isn't working, but it would be nice to explore the options on it. Besides looking at all the troubleshooting for this problem, last night I once again uninstalled Spotlights with Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of it.  I then reinstalled the latest version. That didn't work.  There is no other simconnect files sitting in the documents folder as some of the troubleshooting has mentioned. Thanks for any help. 

Richard 

Tom van der Elst

If it doesn't affect your A320 i.e if you don't see any problem

I would say spotlights is working.

What tells you it is not working, do you miss lighting effects, or what?

Duncan MacKellar
35 minutes ago, Richard Lawrence said:

When I click on FSL Spotlights it always says sim disconnected. The program does start. Sorry, I was not more specific. 

Richard, 

I'm not completely clear as to how this is a Control Center issue, so i have moved this thread to the Spotlights Support forum. 

My Understanding from your original post, although not clearly stated, is that you are trying run Spotlights across a network, is that correct? 

Richard Lawrence

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum. I thought I posted in the spotlights. My apologies again!

When I click on Spotlights the program launches, but it never connects to the sim. It always says Simulator Disconnected.  I've tried all the techniques here to fix it before posting.  It's not a big deal and doesn't affect my usage of the A3XX, but I was curious why it never has worked. I forgot it was on my PC until last night when I was thinking of purchasing the A321SL. I launched the new Control Center and I was reminded of my problem with Spotlights.  The Control Center is a great addition! Sorry for using the wrong forum. I'll pay more attention next time before posting

Richard

Norman Blackburn

Why are you trying to connect to the sim?  The control of Spotlights is incorporated into the A320.  You won't be able to change the lights using the Spotlights manager.

Richard Lawrence

Norman - I just clicked Spotlights originally because I wasn't sure what it did. I forgot it was installed until last night and I've had the A320 for ages.  I was curious why it always said Sim Disconnected even if the sim was running.  I never intended on trying to change anything.  It's really not an issue.  It was more of a question than a problem.

Richard

Norman Blackburn

If you want to try it with other (non FSL) planes take a look at the manual to see what changes you can make.