Andy

I am interested in the driver but can I clarify the level of compatability that it will provide for the PMDG737NG when using CPFlight MCP with EFIS and other modules.

Does the driver provide complete functionality of all the MIP737 inputs and outputs?

Does it permit all the switches on the Transponder to operate? Is this compatible with the FSInn application for use on VATSIM ie?does selection of TA or TA/RA and Ident button pass any information that can be used by FSInn?

Thanks

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Andy-

the software is given out as with the "try-before-you-buy" method, fully functional within a 2-degree-squared radius around LGAV airport. We're so confident that it works 100% that we allow you to try it fully before you have to purchase it... so give it a try yourself and see! ;-)

To answer some of your questions:

1) Yes, as long as the functionality is provided within the PMDG 737NG.

2) Yes, it permits all switches of the Transponder to operate, and yes it's compatible with FSInn and Squawkbox (fully) - TA/RA and Ident work as expected online for use on VATSIM and IVAO.

Andy

Thanks for the swift and comprehensive reply.

I would like to?try the new driver but I am a bit nervous about disrupting a stable and working system with the introduction of the new driver. On an information release CPFlight have stated that a new firmware must be installed first (Version 3) but there doesn't seem to be any mention of that on your site. Perhaps I missed it? The question is if I update the firmware will the MCP no longer work with the original CPFlight driver?

If I update the firmware?do I also need to also remove the original CPFlight driver before I install the new driver, or can the original?be left such that that the when the new driver?is tried?it can be?either purchased or removed? How would I know what driver was actually powering the MCP if I didn't uninstall the original?

What if any?standards of software must be met for the installation to work (FS9.1 for example)?

I suppose what I am asking for is what?the software setup is to meet the minimum standard necessary and?the sequence of actions necessary to?install the new driver to allow it to be tried but also with the actions?(in the unlikely eventbiggrin.gif) to reverse back to the original driver to restore the system.?

Thanks

Andy

Jan Gütter
Lefteris Kalamaras said:

2) Yes, it permits all switches of the Transponder to operate, and yes it's compatible with FSInn and Squawkbox (fully) - TA/RA and Ident work as expected online for use on VATSIM and IVAO.

Hello,

I have been trying to control IVAP's transponder functions over the transponder buttons/switches (STBY, TA, TA/RA) in the FSL Bus. With very erratic results. It worked once, but I can't reproduce it. Are there any preconditions that need to be met?

Thanks,

Jan

Lefteris Kalamaras

Jan,

you are a bit confused - this discussion was for the CPFlight driver we had developed for PMDG legacy products. It is no longer available any more.

Jan Gütter

Thanks Lefteris. I noticed that too, later :). Thanks anyway for getting back to me. The problem has been solved on my end, so all is fine. Thanks again.

Jan