Per-purchase A320

Dieter Betzendoerfer

Dieter Betzendoerfer

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would like to buy the A320. now I read from 2 versions - A320-X and A320-SL. what is the difference between these versions, can both still be bought?

cheers, Dieter

Hi Dieter,

the A320-X (A320 CEO with Wingtip Fences (WTF)) is the base product. This you will need in any case.

On top of that, you have the option to purchase either of these expansions:

- A319 WTF

- A320 SL (sharklets)

- A321 WTF

- A321 SL

Cheers,
Stu

• Thanks 1
Dieter Betzendoerfer

Hi Stu,

thank you for the fast feedback.

now i have to decide to switch from pmdg to fslabs.
what do you think of the hardware offered by Aerosoft for Airbus (stick and throttle)?

cheers,

Dieter

Hi Dieter,

welcome on board :)

Do you mean the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition? (not exclusively distributed by Aerosoft btw).

If so, I personally use it and I'm quite happy with it. While there are more sophisticated (and expensive) solutions for an Airbus sidestick out there, the Thrustmaster package satisfies my needs and definitely adds to the immersion. I think it's a fair deal, it does the job (for me), but don't expect top-notch quality. Either way, I highly recommend getting a proper stick and not fly the Airbus with a Yoke or Keyboard. ;) 

Dieter Betzendoerfer

Hi Stu,

exactly, I meant this product. now I will probably buy and install the A320-X as my Christmas present. I'm still with the Sim at P3Dv5.2HF1 and not yet conclusive whether I will switch to 5.3 beforehand. thank you again and have a good time
 Cheers,

Dieter

Tim Vancauwenbergh

Just a personal note, the Thrustmaster TCA has a rather small manual range (a bit off compared to the real one it seems, probabely due to its smaller size).

51 minutes ago, Tim Vancauwenbergh said:

Just a personal note, the Thrustmaster TCA has a rather small manual range (a bit off compared to the real one it seems, probabely due to its smaller size).

True.
This mod improves this a bit. I use it and I'm quite happy....:

• Thanks 1
Tom van der Elst
43 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

True.
This mod improves this a bit. I use it and I'm quite happy....:

I'm not quite happy with it but very happy, it works a treat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Andrzej Witold

What I would love to hear is how performance of FSLabs A320 compares with PMG 737 on similar P3D configuration and same machine.

While $140 is beyond what I am willing to pay for any add-on may be one day...

And if that day would come I would love to know if my specs are OK. PMDG 737 runs smooth 30fps with most addons I own with sliders in the middle.

&

8 minutes ago, Andrzej Witold said:

What I would love to hear is how performance of FSLabs A320 compares with PMG 737 on similar P3D configuration and same machine.

While $140 is beyond what I am willing to pay for any add-on may be one day...

And if that day would come I would love to know if my specs are OK. PMDG 737 runs smooth 30fps with most addons I own with sliders in the middle.

&

A forum search could get you several answers and opinions about this.
But from what I have read and heard, it's harder on the system than the products you mentioned.
I'm avoiding talking about better or worse "performance" on purpose, because you're comparing apples with oranges here. For what FSLabs offers system wise, performance is outstanding imo, and keeps getting better. But you need a capable system for it, that's for sure. 

• Like 1
Andrzej Witold

Hehe, thanks.

This is exactly the problem - I did search and most of answer are like that.

And I am trying to compare apples to apples - like Aerosoft's A320 gives me 40 fps with same settings on the short final to LOWW, PMDG gives me 35 fps at the very same place in space. How much FSL would give me. Whether systems depth is bigger - does not matter of I am getting 10 fps or need to move sliders so far left so P3D v5 looks like FS9 ;)

Cheers. Do not want to steal the thread. The TCA BTW is great (for AS A320). I agree that detents are not perfect but otherwise I would buy both sidestick and all 4 levers again.

&

Stefan Nirschl
On 12/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, Stu Antonio said:

Hi Dieter,

welcome on board :)

Do you mean the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition? (not exclusively distributed by Aerosoft btw).

If so, I personally use it and I'm quite happy with it. While there are more sophisticated (and expensive) solutions for an Airbus sidestick out there, the Thrustmaster package satisfies my needs and definitely adds to the immersion. I think it's a fair deal, it does the job (for me), but don't expect top-notch quality. Either way, I highly recommend getting a proper stick and not fly the Airbus with a Yoke or Keyboard. ;) 

Hi there. I also use this Sidestick from Thrustmaster. My knobs for the engine start and the engine selector doesn`t work on my throttle as part of the Airbus Edition. Do you know i can bring it back to live? If i remember right i think these engine knobs worked for me a few time ago. Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Stefan Nirschl said:

Hi there. I also use this Sidestick from Thrustmaster. My knobs for the engine start and the engine selector doesn`t work on my throttle as part of the Airbus Edition. Do you know i can bring it back to live? If i remember right i think these engine knobs worked for me a few time ago. Cheers.

I suggest you try the forum search (there are several threads about this already) or open an new one, but this one here was initially about purchasing the FSLabs products. Let‘s not mix this up too much :) 

• Like 1
Stefan Nirschl
10 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I suggest you try the forum search (there are several threads about this already) or open an new one, but this one here was initially about purchasing the FSLabs products. Let‘s not mix this up too much :) 

You are right.

Dieter Betzendoerfer

Hi Stu,

I hope I'm still in the right forum.

A question or a request. I now have the A320X and the thrustmaster tca captain pack, driver and firmware update carried out. do i now have to configure special functions on the throttle unit myself? Because e.g. the flaps lever and retractor don't work ?!
Thank you for your support

cheers,

Dieter

28 minutes ago, Dieter Betzendoerfer said:

Hi Stu,

I hope I'm still in the right forum.

A question or a request. I now have the A320X and the thrustmaster tca captain pack, driver and firmware update carried out. do i now have to configure special functions on the throttle unit myself? Because e.g. the flaps lever and retractor don't work ?!
Thank you for your support

cheers,

Dieter

Hi Dieter,

the forum is correct, but please take some time to browse or search the various forum sections and topics, don't bring up every further question in your initial post, it makes it hard for others to find answers/support.

For instance, this topic here tackles some issues and seems to be giving valuable tips for installing the TCA:

I myself I don't own the flap/gear parts, just the throttles. So I might not be the perfect guy to help you out there ... ;)

Hope this helps,
good look and have a nice weekend.

Stu

• 3 weeks later...
Andrzej Witold
On 12/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, Stu Antonio said:

A forum search could get you several answers and opinions about this.
But from what I have read and heard, it's harder on the system than the products you mentioned.
I'm avoiding talking about better or worse "performance" on purpose, because you're comparing apples with oranges here. For what FSLabs offers system wise, performance is outstanding imo, and keeps getting better. But you need a capable system for it, that's for sure. 

Well, I am back.

It seems like this is sensitive topic to FSLabs as I created separate threads TWICE and both of them were deleted without single word of explanation. Most of other metions of PMDG are very old.

Frankly - I am starting to suspect that the performance is far worse that 737 NGXu. Either way until further notice - sadly - the A320 is no go for time being as I do not feel like spending $140 on an ariplane which may be flyable only with lowest graphics settings. 

&

Norman Blackburn
23 minutes ago, Andrzej Witold said:

Well, I am back.

Its more than you have 11 posts, most if not all of them are all asking the same question.  

Tom van der Elst
14 hours ago, Andrzej Witold said:

Frankly - I am starting to suspect that the performance is far worse that 737 NGXu. Either way until further notice - sadly - the A320 is no go for time being as I do not feel like spending $140 on an ariplane which may be flyable only with lowest graphics settings.

I think nobody wants to burn his or her fingers by telling you

"yea, performance is peachy-keeny, no worries" after which

you come back and start moaning "I just payed 140$ for a plane I cannot fly on my

superdupercomputer and it is all XXXXX his/her fault 'cause HE/SHE said it would work brilliantly!!!!"

Nobody wants that, so nobody will tell you.

What you cán do is look at the forum and see how many complaints there are, if any.

cheers

Tom.

• Thanks 1
Miguel de gonzalo

Just go ahead and buy it , don't know if it's better on performance than pmdg or other products , but what I can tell you is that fslabs is the best company out there Imo

Andrzej Witold
On 1/5/2022 at 10:57 AM, Tom van der Elst said:

I think nobody wants to burn his or her fingers by telling you

"yea, performance is peachy-keeny, no worries" after which

you come back and start moaning "I just payed 140$ for a plane I cannot fly on my

superdupercomputer and it is all XXXXX his/her fault 'cause HE/SHE said it would work brilliantly!!!!"

Nobody wants that, so nobody will tell you.

What you cán do is look at the forum and see how many complaints there are, if any.

cheers

Tom.

I am not sure what would be wrong with statement like 'on my hardware PMDG gives me 15 FPS on short final to Drzewiecki KSEA and FSL gives me 16 fps there'.

But OK, I cannot force anyone to do just that. 

PMDG works a bit smoother that AS A320 most of the time and both add-ons works much worse than Majestic for example. Anyone who owns these 3 would tell you that. I just do not get why FSL owners have so much reservations. But again - I will not push anymore.

&

9 minutes ago, Andrzej Witold said:

I am not sure what would be wrong with statement like 'on my hardware PMDG gives me 15 FPS on short final to Drzewiecki KSEA and FSL gives me 16 fps there'.

But OK, I cannot force anyone to do just that. 

PMDG works a bit smoother that AS A320 most of the time and both add-ons works much worse than Majestic for example. Anyone who owns these 3 would tell you that. I just do not get why FSL owners have so much reservations. But again - I will not push anymore.

&

I'll help!

On my dinosaur PC: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38147543, I can get 30-40 fps on absolute minimum settings.

I have no interest in scenery or any eye candy so it works for me.

Tom van der Elst

I will tell you this :

I used to fly the PMDG NGXu on my I5 9600K GF 1660TI with 16gb ram and 4 x SSD from up about may 2019 until march 2021.

It ran in gamemode, so if needed the cpu was clocked at 4.2ghz up from 3.7ghz.

I have made 2000 hrs in that one, and thousands of hours in the iFly 737 before that.

Then in March 2021 I bought the FSLabs A320 and exactly 1 week later flew 1 flight in the NGXu.

The NGXu is not installed on my system anymore, the FSLabs A320 is.

Also, game mode has been shut down so the PC runs 3.7ghz all the time now.

The system has not changed.

I'll leave it at that.

cheers

Tom.

• Like 1