FPS drop

Allan RG Kidd

Allan RG Kidd

I have 4 monitors connected to a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super video card. CPU is an Intel i7-8700; system drive is an M.2 SSD and I have 48GB of main memory.

One monitor is for Navigraph, 1 for FS Flight Control, 1 for the cockpit and 1 for an outside locked spot view of the aircraft.

The OS is Windows 10 – all software are at the latest patch levels. P3D is 5.2 HF1.

I get around 25-30+ fps with this arrangement.

If I turn on the dome light with FSL Spotlights, the FPS drops to around 5 and the mouse icon on the screen becomes a fist superimposed on the normal mouse pointer.

I have experienced this with the A320X-214 (SL-FSL) and the A320-214(SX-FSL). I have not used FSL Spotlights with any other aircraft.

Any thoughts?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Allan,

Spotlights utilize internal dynamic lights effects provided by P3D itself. They are known to cause some drop in performance, depending on what other settings you have in your sim. Unfortunately, tuning your particular and individual sim setup falls outside the scope of Spotlight support (even though there can be other users who can assist you on this).

Thank you for bringing this up!