Jump to content

NEO?


MATT GLOVER

Recommended Posts

Stu Antonio

Okay, forget the link I posted, that thread was not really helpful…

Short answer: probably no.

The long answer has been discussed in numerous threads within this forum about the possibility of an NEO. Unfortunately, the forum doesn‘t allow 3-letter-searches so discussions about „NEO“ are hard to find…. 

But this one maybe works:

 

Link to comment
Peter Hastings
41 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Short answer: probably no.

Isn't the answer: 'possibly' ?

The FSL team can't win at this game.  If they say nothing, they will get lots of posts saying 'when are you going to to do the A999z?'.  But if they do say say something that's completely noncommittal, then there will be different interpretations of 'soon (tm)', or 'next year' or whatever, which would lead, inevitably, to the 'A999z hype' thread as we've seen in the past. It will start happening with the new Concorde version, believe me!

Link to comment
Rafal Haczek
9 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Short answer: probably no.

As far as the famous Blackbox interview with Lefteris and Andrew is concerned, I remember Andrew's answer abour making NEO to be ambiguous, to say the least, which made many people, including myself, believe NEO is the probable candidate for the next FSLabs masterpiece.

Now the personal part. While I'm a big fan of huge planes and long hauls, and really love machines like 747, A340 or the state-of-the-art A350, I honestly admit to have less and less free time in my life. I don't remember the last time I made a long haul flight in the sim and I hate using time compression. So, for me (again, this is purely personal), A320/321 NEO would be the best option.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Stu Antonio
3 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

many people, including myself, believe NEO is the probable candidate for the next FSLabs masterpiece

But haven't they stated several times (for years) that after the A320 they will do something that quote "uses more fuel" than the A320? 
I always assumed meant something in the range of 330/340/350 ....

Then again, with now MSFS (and another promising competitor) in the picture, things could have shifted.

Link to comment
Tom van der Elst
11 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

As far as the famous Blackbox interview with Lefteris and Andrew is concerned, I remember Andrew's answer abour making NEO to be ambiguous, to say the least, which made many people, including myself, believe NEO is the probable candidate for the next FSLabs masterpiece.

Now the personal part. While I'm a big fan of huge planes and long hauls, and really love machines like 747, A340 or the state-of-the-art A350, I honestly admit to have less and less free time in my life. I don't remember the last time I made a long haul flight in the sim and I hate using time compression. So, for me (again, this is purely personal), A320/321 NEO would be the best option.

There ya go,

I think businesswise a NEO would be a better candidate as say an A330, because many people

have that freetime problem, and even I, having lots of free time struggle to find the time needed for flights >3 hours.

 

Then again, I'm not FSLabs and I am not going to pretend I know what their business decisions are like,

nor am I going to tell them what to do.

 

Having said all that, I do think the NEO's look really nice with them big fans.

And also, time must be a reason Concorde is so popular.

 

cheers

 

Tom.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Rafal Haczek
8 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

haven't they stated several times (for years) that after the A320 they will do something that quote "uses more fuel" than the A320? 

They have indeed, which somehow makes it even more mysterious.
However, I have the impression it was rather about 'taking' than 'burning' more fuel.
So, quoting from a A320 NEOvsCEO comparison I found:
'The new engine consumes less fuel and can hold more fuel for longer flight ...'
Go figure! ;)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Tom van der Elst said:

have that freetime problem, and even I, having lots of free time struggle to find the time needed for flights >3 hours

1 hour ago, Rafal Haczek said:

have less and less free time in my life

Totally agree, and it's not only the time. To be perfectly honest - and I don't judge anyone who does it - but I never understood the satisfaction of doing a 9+ hours simulator flight. Preparing complex aircraft systems, planning complicated departures and approaches, trying to do everything as realistic, smooth and professional as possible, that's where the fun lies for me. But sitting in front of the screen to watch black (night) or blue (ocean) pixels without anything to do... for 9+ hours...!? ... that I just don't quite get. Sure, there's the immersion and I can imagine getting a sense of "I did it" afterwards, but most guys I know who do "over the pond stuff", they sometimes go to bed or do grocery shopping or clean the house & mow the lawn while the sim is running upstairs ... So... what's the point of it then? :D 

But, to be fair, there are people in my life who doesn't understand the fun of even 30min of flightsimming ("what? you can't shoot down other planes??"), so I guess passion isn't always explained with reason. :) Still, I'm pretty sure I would skip a long haul product from FSLabs. As fascinating as the planes themselves are, that's just not my type of simming. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Tom van der Elst
54 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Official answer: we haven't said anything.

That's just mean, man :D

Link to comment
Dave Woycek
5 hours ago, JohnHowe said:

image.png.9a959edbc54a9d1f53616b61d7be1b47.png

Not much of an extreme long-haul person myself. I'd also like to see the A320/321neo, including the A321XLR. I'd prefer the A320neo series even over an A350. The A320 series is extremely versatile.
I also think we'll see more of those A320-series long-range narrowbodies in use by the airlines in the future.

There are more than enough interesting destinations available within an A321XLR's range to keep me busy.

 

But I am aware that the FSL as a company may want/need to cater the "big toy" simmer market.


 

Link to comment
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...