Thrustmaster strange behaviour

Ben Smith

Ben Smith

Just wondered if anyone else had any strange behaviour with the Thrustmaster set up, Throttle quadrant, addons and rudder pedals?

I've been running the Thrustmaster quadrant and rudder pedals for several months with no issues but yesterday I added the quadrant addon's and now I have an issue with the rudder pedals. Although FSUIPC picks them up and I can assign the brakes and rudder they won't work in the sim in the Airbus.

I tried assigning them through P3D and they still wouldn't work even though that way also picked the axis up, however the strange thing is I assigned Rudder and toe brakes through the  FSLabs input commands and they do work, it makes absolutely no logical sense at all. 

My other 3rd party aircraft work as normal with them assigned through FSUIPC. I'm not saying this is a FSLabs issue just to make that clear, I just wanted to know if anyone else had anything similar as although I have it working, it's very odd. 

Tom van der Elst

So the thrustmaster airbus stick and throttle and now also flaps/gear quadrant are assigned via FSLabs and

the rudder pedals do not work if you do not assign them via FSLabs input

and that is not logical?

Or am I reading this wrong?

In any case, did you check in the sim you had the

right controller selected when you deleted all joystick assignments ?

Ben Smith

Thanks for replying Tom. 

Every axis was assigned through FSUIPC until yesterday.

I assigned the Speed Brake and Flaps through the FSLabs input command menu yesterday when my addon arrived and my rudders and brakes stopped working. Although FSUPIC/P3D still picks up my rudder and brake axis and they can be calibrated it had no effect in the Airbus aircraft it's self, so no brakes or rudder in any state. 

If I assign them through the FSLabs input command menu they do work, hence it's not logical, why does FSUIPC/P3D see them but they won't work even though they did before I added the Airbus addon's. 

My throttles and Joystick are still assigned through FSUIPC with no issues currently in the Airbus, it's just the rudder and toe brakes I have an issue with although they work through FSUIPC in other aircraft. Yes I have got them working in the Airbus but why have they stopped working through FSUIPC/P3D is the question but they work fine in other aircraft. 

Tom van der Elst

Maybe they just don't want to have mixed controls, I don't know.

If it works it works but it is strange you can add all other stuff via FSUIPC but have to assign two axis via FSLabs input.

Zachary Kerr

I recently replaced my thrustmaster joystick with a winwing superlibra base w/ airbus stick and i am experiencing similar issues. The rest of my setup remained the same, including thrustmasters TCA quadrant, virtual fly rudder pedals and my cat3design tiller, but for some reason the existing bindings for all of my existing hardware is screwy….not so much the buttons, but the axis. All of them are recognized in the fslabs hardware assignment app and fsuipc, but it just doesn’t work….including the toe brakes. Restarting p3d doesn’t seem to do the trick. I’m thinking maybe i need to reset the fslabs config file for the thrustmaster quadrant to see if that helps. I’ll report back w/ the results unless someone else has any tips. Anyone….???

Zachary Kerr

I sorted out the problem. I reset the values in the FSL_A320_KBD.ini file back to default and allowed the aircraft to reassign the thrustmaster quadrant settings on load.  I needed to re-bind the axis for all of my hardware within the fslabs hardware assignment applet, but once it was set, all assignments were working seamlessly between the ‘bus and my hardware (including the toe brakes).  Don’t forget to remove any assignments you made within fsuipc or the p3d as a work around before exiting the sim. 

It seems by adding new hardware to my existing profile i created some confusion for the ini file.  moving forward i will be sure to follow this procedure.