As soon as all the Sharklets features

Andre Da S Marinho

Andre Da S Marinho

As soon as the Sharklets features will be implemented on the entire fleet I am going to buy the A321-X

I love flying the wing tip fence aircrafts but it would be better with the EFB etc.

Please note bellow if you are willing to buy either the A319 or A321.

Slawomir A.Lysy

Well, indeed it would be great, if we could have at least the EFB with WTF aircraft, i actually do not understand why this is not possible...

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
5 minutes ago, Slawomir A.Lysy said:

Well, indeed it would be great, if we could have at least the EFB with WTF aircraft, i actually do not understand why this is not possible...

It's possible but these things take development time. The EFB has to be programmed/adjusted for the different performance profiles of the WTF variant. That then has to be tested and adjusted to ensure it's correct to the real thing.

And as it stands, I think the A320 development cycle is over while FSLabs focus on other products like the Concorde. 

Tom van der Elst

I'm not buying any Airbus.

Norman Blackburn
50 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

I'm not buying any Airbus.

You have the full set we make already :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Marios Martinis said:

what's the point of control center if no other development updates are expected? 

I don't think anyone has mentioned that updates have ceased but, like most developers, they'll have moved on to the development of another product. It doesn't mean they can't return to make changes/fixes to the existing line up though. 

Tom van der Elst
48 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I knew somebody would pick up on that :D

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned that updates have ceased but, like most developers, they'll have moved on to the development of another product. It doesn't mean they can't return to make changes/fixes to the existing line up though. 

As I mentioned in another thread, development is still ongoing on multiple projects and so there should be no assumption that any product will be 'abandoned' or updates have ceased. We're still very busy working and when the time comes, we'll show what we've been doing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Robert Sutherland
2 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

As I mentioned in another thread, development is still ongoing on multiple projects and so there should be no assumption that any product will be 'abandoned' or updates have ceased. We're still very busy working and when the time comes, we'll show what we've been doing.

Looking forward to it! :) 

Ross McDonagh
9 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

And technically… The Concorde was the “original” Airbus :P

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
8 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Patience isn’t my strongsuit but I’ll be eagerly awaiting both the Concorde and ESPECIALLY  the “A3XX/Airbus” that iirc Andrew said “Holds more fuel” during the sharklet launch stream those many moons ago.  

Your aircraft spoil me so much with small details (AOC/ATSU, CPDLC and especially the GSX loading instead of silent, random and wholly unrealistically labeled trucks, etc.)  

I find I have to force myself to fly other planes-mainly so my wife doesn’t yell at me for “not using that ‘giant expensive thing with all the extra levers bolted on your desk more” -AKA my honeycomb bravo) 

Glad to see everything’s moving along!  FSL never disappoints. 

Ross McDonagh
10 hours ago, Phil Tereny said:

By the way, is it just me, or is the abbreviation 'WTF' very confusing?:D

@Phil Tereny”WTF“ is what I say when I attempt to flare my WTF Equipped Airbus fleet and smash them into the pavement after spending all my time on the sharklet models!  

(edit: I still have yet to figure out multi quote-sorry for the multiple posts) 

• Haha 1
Peter Pukhnoy
1 hour ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Just select text to quote and a button will appear.

• Like 1
Tom van der Elst
13 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

@Phil Tereny”WTF“ is what I say when I attempt to flare my WTF Equipped Airbus fleet and smash them into the pavement after spending all my time on the sharklet models!  

What does your wife say to hearing you shout WING TIP FENCE when that happens ?

Ross McDonagh
3 hours ago, Tom van der Elst said:

What does your wife say to hearing you shout WING TIP FENCE when that happens ?

It’s not exactly wingtip fence that I’m shouting :D

Tom van der Elst
2 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

It’s not exactly wingtip fence that I’m shouting :D

I have started doing that, it saves me a lot of grief from the woman :D:D:D

I can recommend it to all.

cheers

Tom.

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
37 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

I have started doing that, it saves me a lot of grief from the woman :D:D:D

I can recommend it to all.

cheers

Tom.

I use aviaworx approach monitor and Volanta.  I look at my approach reports and Volanta landing data and yell WTF when I land the WTF! 

All this being said, I would like to see the EFBs come over to the WTF aircraft sooner than later cause I do love being able to set things up at the gate and grab my iPad and make a snack while programming the FMC, getting catering and boarding started etc.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Andre Da S Marinho
On 10/27/2021 at 11:20 PM, Ross McDonagh said:

It happened to me also mainly with the A319.

Then I watched a YouTube video from 1StepPrep landing technique for the real busses. Anince then I have consistent landings no matter the variant, weight etc..

I am amazed how accurate the different variants from fslabs can be. Even the A319 that descents like a rock during flare. And how the real landing technique applies perfectly to our busses.

• Like 1
Dave Woycek

I found the A320-214SL to be an extreme "offender" when it comes to floating and overflaring.

Doesn't seem so much of an issue with the sharklet IAE A320/321 or the sharklet CFM A321.

Alexander Luzajic
On 10/27/2021 at 7:27 AM, Norman Blackburn said:

Nah....who needs Airbus.... :)

Alexander Luzajic
On 10/27/2021 at 9:10 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Well....Once upon a time you mentioned  - project on something  that "carries more fuel....." soooo, that was really long time ago.  :)

• Like 1
Tom van der Elst
1 hour ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Nah....who needs Airbus.... :)

I do.

I have dumped all Boeings, they're not even close.

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
On 11/7/2021 at 4:54 PM, Andre Da S Marinho said:

Then I watched a YouTube video from 1StepPrep landing technique for the real busses.

100% that’s what made me a better virtual Airbus pilot.  1StepPrep and Blackbox711’s videos.  Understanding the rubber band theory and the flare logic really got my landings consistent-my average is -170 to -220 and 1200-1700’ down. 

Alexander Luzajic
On 11/8/2021 at 6:49 AM, Dave Woycek said:

I found the A320-214SL to be an extreme "offender" when it comes to floating and overflaring.

Not sure what I am doing "wrong" but for some strange reason I am more "precise" and stable on approach and landing. No floating...

OR.....

I master this machine and I am not aware of it...:lol::lol::lol:

Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Not sure what I am doing "wrong" but for some strange reason I am more "precise" and stable on approach and landing. No floating...

OR.....

I master this machine and I am not aware of it...:lol::lol::lol:

For me the SLs are almost like auto-flare :D I just fly them down and maybe check at 10 or so. Feels not right to me, but I'm no pilot.
Anyway, to not get off topic, see this discussion here:

• Like 1
Dave Woycek

To not float, it seems the throttles have to be cut quite early and the flare itself has to be very minimal on the stick. Not sure if this is realistic.
I probably tend to be a little heavy-handed due to my past real-world GA flying.

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
On 10/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I think it's too bad that what's next is kept under the cover. I've been a long time supporter/user (almost exclusively) of the FSL A3XX product line, but at this stage, I have no idea what's coming and it's too bad. I wish you guys were a bit more open with us and kept us in the loop. I understand FSL is under no obligations to us, you run your business as you see fit, but personally I believe a bit more on what's to come would not hurt.... my 2 cents...

Bruno

• Like 1
Trevor Hannant

Problem there is - they announce, for example, an A330 and for the next XX months it takes to get it out, there will be several topics a week of:

- when is it due
- will it have this livery
- will it have this feature
- can I be an Alpha/Beta Tester
- will it be ready for Cross The Pond XX
- will my TCA pack work with it out the box

...etc etc...   I'd rather they cracked on with their work and told us when they've got something tangible to show us rather than tell us so far in advance that everyone will be bored of the same questions... 

• 2 weeks later...
Andre Da S Marinho

Personally I am starting to move to FS2020. I am quite bored of this FSX style Sim with their flat runways and poor graphics needing 10000 USD of ADDONS to make it worth.

FS2020 is improving now. I will probably change my type rating to the Boeing 737 then.

I really love flying the A320 and FSLabs is the best ADDON, but XP is far better than P3D for example and I regret choosing P3D instead of XP at the beginning.

And this "no having time to consider bringing the SL features to the WFT" , no news at all regarding of is to come, is starting making me move to the FS2020 for good sooner that I though.

Let's see if in 5 years when maybe they will move to FS2020  I will still be willing to fly the Airbus.

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Andre Da S Marinho said:

Personally I am starting to move to FS2020. I am quite bored of this FSX style Sim with their flat runways and poor graphics needing 10000 USD of ADDONS to make it worth.

FS2020 is improving now. I will probably change my type rating to the Boeing 737 then.

I really love flying the A320 and FSLabs is the best ADDON, but XP is far better than P3D for example and I regret choosing P3D instead of XP at the beginning.

And this "no having time to consider bringing the SL features to the WFT" , no news at all regarding of is to come, is starting making me move to the FS2020 for good sooner that I though.

Let's see if in 5 years when maybe they will move to FS2020  I will still be willing to fly the Airbus.

Gotta agree with you. There are still things I hate so much about MSFS though (view system, lava-lamp clouds, a million+ key mapping options), but I guess once there are enough ADDONS it'll be worth it :D

But seriously, I still find it hard to adapt but I'll keep trying because I too think that this will be the future for me rather than P3D. 

UNLESS LM suddenly surprises us with P3Dv6, doing the same as MSFS but with Google Data and focusing on the core simulation aspect rather than fancy sightseeing modes, In-Game-Marketplace and a XBox-Userinterface .. :D

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Andre Da S Marinho said:

This all seems a bit melodramatic. 

FSLabs have said that when they have news to share, they'll share it. Trying to rush them into providing an update by suggesting you're moving to another sim platform is unlikely to have the desired outcome.

You just have to be patient. 

• Like 3
Trevor Hannant
57 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Trying to rush them into providing an update by suggesting you're moving to another sim platform is unlikely to have the desired outcome.

Unlikely is more chance than he'll have - he's no chance of an update as a singular user as FSL will quite rightly, like every other major addon provider, look at his post and go pfft, see you in 5 years...

Dave Woycek
4 hours ago, Andre Da S Marinho said:

Then good day to you.

Based on Microsoft's history with flight sim products, I'd not wager a penny on them any more.
Looking at some of the "mods" and "skins" out there, a considerable percentage of people using MSFS seems to take a gamer, rather than a simmer approach.

• Like 1
Tom van der Elst

hush now.

sweet-candy-red-lollipop-white-background-d-rendering-170447313.jpg

• Haha 1
Andre Da S Marinho
1 hour ago, Dave Woycek said:

Then good day to you.

Based on Microsoft's history with flight sim products, I'd not wager a penny on them any more.
Looking at some of the "mods" and "skins" out there, a considerable percentage of people using MSFS seems to take a gamer, rather than a simmer approach.

This is what I was used to think also.

It's nice to see what XP can do, what MSFS can do and what LM can't.

I am a hard-core simmer with FSLabs and P3D and all the real thing simulation.

But looking down the runway and seeing the same shape that I saw when I've been seated on the jumpseat is just amazing.

And LM is far away from the real thing without mentioning the stock airports.

When all the missing stuff won't be missing anymore there is no way staying away from the new platform

Much like Stu, I'm expecting MSFS 2020 to take over the No. 1 spot for my limited flight sim time.  But today is not that day.  I'm continuing to invest in P3D because I enjoy it -- especially the airliners like FSL.  I've even put a few $ to XP recently because it has a lot of great things about it too -- like iniBuilds A300/A310, Hotstart TBM-900, etc.  Yet, I'm also accumulating some MSFS airport add-ons because I use it occasionally and I expect to use it lot more by the end of next of year -- if the PMDG's of the world move some great products to it.  

That said, I hope FSL offers a lot more great products and I hope they are multiplatform too.  But . . . it wouldn't hurt if the EFB options were implemented soon.  I've been pondering the A319.  However, I've gotten so use to the EFB, I don't want to give it up.