VR Lens Yes or No?

Angelo Kühberger

Angelo Kühberger

Good Evening, 

I will buy a VR Lens, but i will ask what is the best VR Lens for usw Msfs2020 and P3dV5? 

And how it works by buttons, can i use my Mouse and Keyboard (okay keyboard its difficult i don't see it, but i dont need the keyboard realy but the mouse to click) 

And yes i have a good Setup i9 10900k OC, Asus Rog Strix 3080ti OC, 64gb Ram. 

peter kelberg

you will  get  different  answers  on this i  purchased   a  rifts vr  head  set only  for  use for dcs  use  for  the  hornet  etc   since   you  really  dont  need  to  see out  side of it  and  everything  is  what  you  can  see around  you.  Where  as  in  flight  sim its  good  as  well  you get  the feeling of  actually  being  inside  of  the planes,  i  use it   for  msfs   and  havnt  got  it  quite  use  to it  for  p3vd  as  yet.   The  only issues  you will  find  is  looking  at  your    approach plates  etc  and  getting freq  on  where  you  have  to lift  your  head  set  up  to  check.   You  use  your  mouse  to  turn things  on in cockpit  etc  and  for the  key board  its  muscle  memory lol   same  thing  with your  throttles and  joystick.  With  dcs  i  got  voice  attack  installed  and i  got  most  of  my  some  of  my  buttons  et  where  on my key board  assigned  to  voice  like  i  say  gear  up  and  the  gear  will  raise  etc.  Its  a free   but its  only  limited  to  10  imputs.

your  pc  will handle it  quite  good  since  your  set up is  much better  than mine

Another  option  to look  at  is  track  ir  similiar  to  vr  but  not  as  good  but at  least you  can still see  your  key boards  and everything  else :)

So if  you got  dcs its  a  must  a  vr  head  set :) so  will find  it  so much easier  in  everything  like landing on carriers  aar

Angelo Kühberger
10 hours ago, peter kelberg said:

you will  get  different  answers  on this i  purchased   a  rifts vr  head  set only  for  use for dcs  use  for  the  hornet  etc   since   you  really  dont  need  to  see out  side of it  and  everything  is  what  you  can  see around  you.  Where  as  in  flight  sim its  good  as  well  you get  the feeling of  actually  being  inside  of  the planes,  i  use it   for  msfs   and  havnt  got  it  quite  use  to it  for  p3vd  as  yet.   The  only issues  you will  find  is  looking  at  your    approach plates  etc  and  getting freq  on  where  you  have  to lift  your  head  set  up  to  check.   You  use  your  mouse  to  turn things  on in cockpit  etc  and  for the  key board  its  muscle  memory lol   same  thing  with your  throttles and  joystick.  With  dcs  i  got  voice  attack  installed  and i  got  most  of  my  some  of  my  buttons  et  where  on my key board  assigned  to  voice  like  i  say  gear  up  and  the  gear  will  raise  etc.  Its  a free   but its  only  limited  to  10  imputs.

your  pc  will handle it  quite  good  since  your  set up is  much better  than mine

Another  option  to look  at  is  track  ir  similiar  to  vr  but  not  as  good  but at  least you  can still see  your  key boards  and everything  else :)

So if  you got  dcs its  a  must  a  vr  head  set :) so  will find  it  so much easier  in  everything  like landing on carriers  aar

Okay and when i will use it for A320/737 also airliners is it the same? :) 

There are some (older) discussions in this forum about VR headsets with some experience reports and comparison videos etc. 
Maybe they hold some more info for you. VR definitely improved in the last 2-3 years, I'm also thinking about getting a VR headset and was told the HP Reverb G2 would be a good choice, but I haven't really got into in that deep yet....

• Like 1
Aidan le Gras

I cannot recommend the HP Reverb high enough. I only have the G1 and it is fantastic. I operate currently using an i7700k (4.8 GHz) and a 2080Ti and although P3D V5 is not super smooth, it is certainly better than it was in V4. As for MSFS, it is getting better every update.