Jump to content

Sharing Emergency missions


Michael Petersen

Recommended Posts

Michael Petersen

Hi every one , 

As much as i love these busses i havent found out how to practice emergency events mainly because i dont fly these for real.

Is it an idea to bring a section to fill in this for pilots and simmers?

I dont know where to get this inside knowledge else where and where to start a emergency mission training event.

Bird strike hudson river i get at KLGA but other than that it would be nice to here from fellow simmers.

I think these busses by FSL deserves it.

Thanks again Michael Moe

Link to comment
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
4 hours ago, Michael Petersen said:

Hi every one , 

Aa much as i love these busses i havent found out how to practice emergency events mainly because i dont fly these for real.

Is it an idea to bring a section to fill in this for pilots and simmers?

I dont know where to get this inside knowledge else where and where to start a emergency mission training event.

Bird strike hudson river i get at KLGA but other than that it would be nice to here from fellow simmers.

I think these busses by FSL deserves it.

Thanks again Michael Moe

Hi Michael,

Check out BlackBox711 on youtube, he covers emergencies in his channel, he's also on Twich 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw/videos

 

Bruno

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Bruno Morgado

Type A320 training on youtube.

You will find a lot of real a320 simulators training videos that can inspire you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Michael Petersen
6 hours ago, Bruno Morgado said:

Type A320 training on youtube.

You will find a lot of real a320 simulators training videos that can inspire you.

Thanks,  i do see some on youtube but just thought that there must be more pilots out here that would give some inside setup knowledge to problem , setup and execution. 

Forinstance i came across a testflight where the AOA sensors was not working properly do to ice within ,during low speed/ stall protection test.

Thanks Michael Moe 

 

Thanks again Michael Moe 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Bruno Morgado

Well, you can download kindle app and search for A320.

There are a lot of books for simmers and for real pilots preparing for real airbus tests there. You can download samples to check if it is what you are searching for, before buying it. I saw a QRH A320 book there once (not the actual QRH, just a book about it).

You also could see if you can find with a real pilot a copy of the SOP and flight manuals from an airline.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Sam Barry
On 10/13/2021 at 6:27 PM, Michael Petersen said:

Thanks,  i do see some on youtube but just thought that there must be more pilots out here that would give some inside setup knowledge to problem , setup and execution. 

Forinstance i came across a testflight where the AOA sensors was not working properly do to ice within ,during low speed/ stall protection test.

Thanks Michael Moe 

 

Thanks again Michael Moe 

I can give you some help if you like, I use the FSLabs to the best of its ability to prepare for company sim checks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Michael Petersen
On 10/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, Sam Barry said:

I can give you some help if you like, I use the FSLabs to the best of its ability to prepare for company sim checks.

Thanks Sam , appreciated , what i was looking for is more a "situation" with a little inside information to what to prepare/train

 

There is lots of emergency stuff in the FSLabs but without the situaion or background its rather un-realistic for a simmer like me.

 

So any situation withing the FSlabs with for instance :

* issue armed in the MCDU

* Given setup (FL  for instance , trackmiles to airport etc)

* What to be aware of - and execution

* Maybe a history from real life as well to back up why we execute/perform the actions ?

 

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

 

 

Link to comment
Sam Barry
4 hours ago, Michael Petersen said:

Thanks Sam , appreciated , what i was looking for is more a "situation" with a little inside information to what to prepare/train

 

There is lots of emergency stuff in the FSLabs but without the situaion or background its rather un-realistic for a simmer like me.

 

So any situation withing the FSlabs with for instance :

* issue armed in the MCDU

* Given setup (FL  for instance , trackmiles to airport etc)

* What to be aware of - and execution

* Maybe a history from real life as well to back up why we execute/perform the actions ?

 

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

 

 

Cool, interesting question. The obvious answer is obviously anything can happen at any time. Here are some of the more standard ideas of things you may see in the sim:

Eng Fail at V1: Done every 6 months in the sim by all pilots. Required for certification for the aircraft. Set it up by setting an engine to fail with/without damage at your V1 speed. What to be aware of - staying on centreline and doing a smooth rotation and a safe climb away from the ground. Use the rudder trim to get the aircraft in trim before engaging autopilot. Do initial ecam actions to get the engine secure, then climb to a safe altitude to plan the return.

Dual hydraulic failure in the cruise - each type of dual hydraulic failure gives a different set of problems - use the QRH summary if you have it to work out what you need. Things to think about include - controlability, stopping distance, can you get off the runway?

I'll come back with some more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...