Sat dome correct Procedure

Angelo Kühberger

Angelo Kühberger

Hello, 

a little Question about the Satdome in the A320 (and in future A319/321), about the Satdome. 

You see in my Pic the Button ''IFE-C'', thats the button to Turn On or Off the Satdome for the Passagers correct? 

How is the Procedure in Real on Ground or Takeoff and Landing must i Turn it Off? 

I have hear by my last flight after take off the Pilots turn off the Seatbelt signs and few moments later i hear ''Austrian Airlines Wifi is now available''. 

Was that the moment that the Pilot press this IFE-C button? 

And other Question what is the correct use for the ''Crew Supply'' and ''GND CTL'' button onthe Left side under the middle

Unbenannt.jpg

Pascal Ad

The IFE-C switch remain untouched by the flight crew. If the system doesnt work you switch it off, or if you dont want to offer internet onboard.

Angelo Kühberger

oh okay also the button turn off the Satdome complete, but in real live the cabin crew controlls it. 

Also the pilots let it on and the crew turn on or off in the galley correct? 

David Spaulding

It’s not really “controlled” at all. It’s all completely automated. Even the cabin crew has no control over it.

Your second question regarding the crew supply and ground control.

Crew supply is just a push button to control a supply valve for cockpit oxygen for the mask boxes. Technically with it off, the masks will not test, however it can if there is latent pressurized oxygen left in the supply line past the valve. You should always check the button is dark “on” before testing masks. Normally it is left on, unless the aircraft has been in the hands of maintenance personnel, then you may find it off. It all depends on what they were doing.

Ground control is an override for the CVR to record the crew doing preflight checklists. Off the top of my head, it does automatically turn off either after engine start or takeoff. I can’t remember at the moment. That, at least for my employer, is always turned on before running the before start checklist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roger Repasky
On 10/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, Angelo Kühberger said:

Hello, 

a little Question about the Satdome in the A320 (and in future A319/321), about the Satdome. 

You see in my Pic the Button ''IFE-C'', thats the button to Turn On or Off the Satdome for the Passagers correct? 

How is the Procedure in Real on Ground or Takeoff and Landing must i Turn it Off? 

I have hear by my last flight after take off the Pilots turn off the Seatbelt signs and few moments later i hear ''Austrian Airlines Wifi is now available''. 

Was that the moment that the Pilot press this IFE-C button? 

And other Question what is the correct use for the ''Crew Supply'' and ''GND CTL'' button onthe Left side under the middle

Unbenannt.jpg

"(and in future A319/321 WTF)" is that something FSlabs can confirm? I certainly hope we can get some more variations of satdomes in different locations. 

Angelo Kühberger
12 hours ago, David Spaulding said:

It’s not really “controlled” at all. It’s all completely automated. Even the cabin crew has no control over it.

Your second question regarding the crew supply and ground control.

Crew supply is just a push button to control a supply valve for cockpit oxygen for the mask boxes. Technically with it off, the masks will not test, however it can if there is latent pressurized oxygen left in the supply line past the valve. You should always check the button is dark “on” before testing masks. Normally it is left on, unless the aircraft has been in the hands of maintenance personnel, then you may find it off. It all depends on what they were doing.

Ground control is an override for the CVR to record the crew doing preflight checklists. Off the top of my head, it does automatically turn off either after engine start or takeoff. I can’t remember at the moment. That, at least for my employer, is always turned on before running the before start checklist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Okay also the Crew Supply i let it on during flight, takeoff, landing, boarding etc. also ever time. 

And the Ground Control after landing and after shutdown the engines you turn it On when you have an turn around? 

Julian Bittinger

The Crew Supply will be turned off during the „Securing the aircraft“ flow. Regarding the GND CTL: You press ir during preflight cockpit preparation. 

Older MSNs are a bit nasty at this point: If you switch from External PWR to APU it might go off again. So I always cross check after power changes that it is still on. 

Talking about the IFE-C switch just a little thing to add: We use it inflight to reset the whole system. It can be reset by cabin crew as well, but I had it twice already that this reset didn‘t work and only after we reset the IFE-C pushbutton it got to work again. Honestly I don‘t know if this will play again the onboard internet announcement, but I don‘t think so as this is indeed fully automatic as @Pascal Ad said.