GSX Update 2.9.4+ | Unusual/wrong boarding process

Stu Antonio

Stu Antonio

Hi guys,

could it be that the latest update of GSX (2.9.4 and following hotfixes) which re-introduced the airline logos for v5 etc, somehow broke changed the integration with the FSLabs? 
Because I have made two unusual observations on my last flights, that I know from 2019:

1. The flight crew now also boards (again). When the crew bus arrives, it use to be that only the cabin crew board the plane, now I suddenly see CPT & FO again.

2. I'm frequently getting the "small van" problem again, where the passengers get "delivered" in a little van (and sometimes the rest then arrives in the normal bus).

(boarding is called via the ATSU after simbrief OFP import function, as usual)

Is there a way to check that for you guys? 

Thanks,
Stu

LdWSeJJ.png

Stu Antonio

Further observations: 

For example, I call 137 passengers, but only 4 arrive (in a little van).
The doors then get closed, boarding completed.

Payload page shows correct loading though, it checks out. (left ATSU, right options-payload):

47jN1LV.png

But GSX is doing something different:

mVrTxBx.png

I have tried this with the exact same scenario and simbrief OFP, the outcome varies. Sometimes it's correct, sometimes the small van...
Flight crew is always showing up now.

• Stu Antonio changed the title to GSX Update 2.9.4+ | Unusual/wrong boarding process
Dave Taylor
52 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hi guys,

could it be that the latest update of GSX (2.9.4 and following hotfixes) which re-introduced the airline logos for v5 etc, somehow broke changed the integration with the FSLabs? 
Because I have made two unusual observations on my last flights, that I know from 2019:

1. The flight crew now also boards (again). When the crew bus arrives, it use to be that only the cabin crew board the plane, now I suddenly see CPT & FO again.

2. I'm frequently getting the "small van" problem again, where the passengers get "delivered" in a little van (and sometimes the rest then arrives in the normal bus).

Thanks,
Stu

LdWSeJJ.png

The amount of pax depends on, the amount that you loaded within the CDU.

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

Correct. 
I've been doing it like this for quite some time now, always worked perfectly. My point is not the loading, as you can see from my posts above, I load 137 passengers via the MCDU (coming from simbrief) and the aircraft loads 137 passengers. My issue is that GSX in half of the cases only sends 4 animated peeps in a small van, even thought the FSLabs loads 137 correctly.

phil highton
6 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

40 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Further observations: 

For example, I call 137 passengers, but only 4 arrive (in a little van).
The doors then get closed, boarding completed.

Payload page shows correct loading though, it checks out. (left ATSU, right options-payload):

47jN1LV.png

But GSX is doing something different:

mVrTxBx.png

I have tried this with the exact same scenario and simbrief OFP, the outcome varies. Sometimes it's correct, sometimes the small van...
Flight crew is always showing up now.

1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Stu

LdWSeJJ.png

well what about this for deboarding, dropping like flies ! lol

Screenshot (11).png

Stu Antonio
5 minutes ago, phil highton said:

well what about this for deboarding, dropping like flies ! lol

Funny... :D ... but a different issue I guess.

John Price

Have to say the 4 pax turning up in a little van made me laugh Stu :D How do you check your GSX version because I thought I had the latest and have not noticed this happening. 

Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, John Price said:

Have to say the 4 pax turning up in a little van made me laugh Stu :D How do you check your GSX version because I thought I had the latest and have not noticed this happening. 

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sure I have the latest one, which is apparently a interim/hotfix version, since there has been some major bug that they are currently trying to fix. The current version will scrap the Cache folder on every sim start, maybe that's a problem for the FSL somehow. If I'm the only one seeing the pilots boarding and (too few) passengers arriving in a small van, then I'll maybe reinstall the whole thing.

Alexander Polcher
20 minutes ago, John Ruisch said:

I noticed the same after yesterdays update of GSX. Thru Simbrief 208 pax and only 2 showed up.   

Must be a user induced problem *cough*

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
22 minutes ago, Alexander Polcher said:

Must be a user induced problem *cough*

What makes you say that? 

I've had no problems and a 100% working system which I never changed for almost 2 years. Isn't it fair and reasonable to assume that something might have gotten kicked out of it's orbit when things look strange after a major update?

If you have any idea or knowledge on why this must be a fault on my end, please share it, I'd be happy to know/learn.

• Like 1
Andre Heilscher

Since the update yesterday I have the problem with the cache folder and the mech-call-button doesn't work. I will try a flight today and look for the captain boarding.

Alexander Polcher
8 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

What makes you say that? 

I've had no problems and a 100% working system which I never changed for almost 2 years. Isn't it fair and reasonable to assume that something might have gotten kicked out of it's orbit when things look strange after a major update?

If you have any idea or knowledge on why this must be a fault on my end, please share it, I'd be happy to know/learn.

It was a joke in terms of the support attitude of...you know.

• Haha 2
Marvin Toepfer
2 minutes ago, Andre Heilscher said:

Since the update yesterday I have the problem with the cache folder and the mech-call-button doesn't work. I will try a flight today and look for the captain boarding.

try updating now. before that, delete the couatl folder in "ProgramData-virtuali"
should work again :)

John Price

It must be a brand new update that hasn't come through on mine yet - usually it prompts me to update. That sounds like a bit of a fault with the update - the GSX/FSL interaction is quite sensitive and I've noticed little flaws can creep in very easily with updates. 

Stu Antonio

Ok, next test.... This time the mini van brought 50+ people :D

We've hat this before.... But it got solved. Apparently it's broken again.
Anyone else? Someone also seeing CPT and FO boarding?

7oUvbik.png

• Haha 1
Stephen Cooke
14 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Anyone else? Someone also seeing CPT and FO boarding?

Confirm all your findings Stu in addition to custom logos causing couatl to crash ( has to be terminated in task manager ) and the B77W issue.

Unfortunately I didn't backup FSDT in advance of the update :(

Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, Stephen Cooke said:

Confirm all your findings Stu in addition to custom logos causing couatl to crash ( has to be terminated in task manager ) and the B77W issue.

Unfortunately I didn't backup FSDT in advance of the update :(

I asked FSDT about this, they said they didn't change anything in this regard so whatever the solution was last time (I think a FSLabs update solved this back in 2019), it's unfortunately something FSDT will not acknowledged or try to fix. Still hoping for the FSL devs to chime in.

Yesterday's flight was 115 pax with the first 30 arriving in one cramped mini van and the rest in a big bus.

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

I thought the minivan was for the VIP / business premium blablabla pax!

Actually it‘s used whenever you board just a few passengers (can be any aircraft I think). But it‘s definitely not big enough for 30 :D 

Daniel Jaffe

Naturally Umberto claims that FSDT didn't change anything when it's evident they did.  FSDT can turn very nasty when confronted with legitimate issues.  

Oh, and over on another forum, Umberto did mentioned they changed an option to store AFCAD files differently -- but that wasn't in the documented update.  So it's hard to take FSDT seriously sometimes.

• Like 2
Paul Anderson
6 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I asked FSDT about this, they said they didn't change anything in this regard so whatever the solution was last time (I think a FSLabs update solved this back in 2019), it's unfortunately something FSDT will not acknowledged or try to fix. Still hoping for the FSL devs to chime in.

Yesterday's flight was 115 pax with the first 30 arriving in one cramped mini van and the rest in a big bus.

Can report exactly the same behaviour. My flight was 211 pax and like you first 30 in a small van and the rest in 2 big buses

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
7 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

I created a Lua script that monitored the relevant variable FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING and set it as well. It's constantly set to 1 and the pilots board. So FSDT problem. 

Regarding to the pilots problem: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25516.0.html

Thanks. I Hope Umberto recognizes this.

Btw, why would not even the crew board? I‘ve prayed for an option of some sort to prevent any crew from showing up and always have the passengers only …. But I always had the ladies boarding as well… 

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez

Fsdt’s client orientation is mostly inexistent. I remember the major update to v2 a few years ago which shallowed FPS like crazy, and they remained blaming others for days, until out of the sudden they realised and got it fixed. This time, seems like the same song played again

Stu Antonio
On 9/10/2021 at 7:33 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

I’ve not updated my GSX yet!

But could you take a look once you do? 
I'm getting the same behavior on every flight now (remote stand):

- Crew bus aarices with Cpt, Fo and Cabin Crew.
- Mini van arrives with 30 passengers.
- Regular passenger bus arrives with the rest of the passengers.

(Umberto said out the didn't change anything)

Thanks!

Stephen Cooke
11 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

(Umberto said out the didn't change anything)

But something has changed Stu, I have not seen this issue for a long time, just as yourself.

Stu Antonio
23 hours ago, Stephen Cooke said:

But something has changed Stu, I have not seen this issue for a long time, just as yourself.

Yeah... the latest GSX version really broke a lot for me, before that it was actually working very stable and reliable.
I now found another reproducible issue, where GSX just stops working/moving/responding when the fwd container loader is finished loading.

GSX forum also has been down "shortly" for a day now.

Stu Antonio
19 minutes ago, Stephen Cooke said:

I tested an A320 using containers at EDDM, no issues at all, completed through pushback. This was at a gate Stu.

Okay, thanks. That‘s good to know, so it‘s on my side. I‘ll try to reset some stuff then. 

Bernhard Scharbert

Hallo Stu,

did you have success with resetting?   I have a similar problems with GSX: at a parking spot only 4 passengers arrive with a bus although it should be 140 passengers. And a baggage cart with only 1 baggage trailer arrive although it should be 3 trailers. FSLabs loads the correct amount but passenger amount jumps from 4 to 140 and payload jumps from 0 to full in 1 second. So there must be something wrong here with GSX.

Bernhard

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Bernhard Scharbert said:

Hallo Stu,

did you have success with resetting?   I have a similar problems with GSX: at a parking spot only 4 passengers arrive with a bus although it should be 140 passengers. And a baggage cart with only 1 baggage trailer arrive although it should be 3 trailers. FSLabs loads the correct amount but passenger amount jumps from 4 to 140 and payload jumps from 0 to full in 1 second. So there must be something wrong here with GSX.

Bernhard

No, I could not solve the issues. 
I too still have the first set of passengers always arriving in a mini van (when on a remote parking stand) and the flight crew always boarding as well. This was brought up in the GSX forum as well, but according to the developer nothing changed. So it's either the FSLabs that needs to adapt to something GSX is now handling differently, or GSX is somehow broken.

Either way, since FSL stays silent on the matter (probably just extremely busy right now) and FSDT refuses to see an issue and chooses to get angry towards anyone who reports one, I just gave up. GSX is (as BB once said) an extremely old code and seems to be getting more prone to errors with every update. So I now tend to just load the plane without it (until it maybe gets fixed or improved).

Daniel Jaffe
28 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Either way, since FSL stays silent on the matter (probably just extremely busy right now) and FSDT refuses to see an issue and chooses to get angry towards anyone who reports one, I just gave up. 

You've hit on a key element here: utter hostility from FSDT.  The user base can't be that big, but Umberto lashes out at users that obviously use the product and want it to work well, and he basically treats them and every P3D developer as incompetent noobs.  I can't wait to see the reception he gets when, or if, he ever gets GSX working on MSFS 2020.

• Like 2
Chris Frasure

I can’t get GSX to even activate these days.  It is totally hit and miss since I updated a few days ago.  I start a flight and try to open the GSX menu and nothing happens.  In the past I was able to restart or rebuild the program in the menu.  But doing this now just causes it to disappear totally from the add-on menu.  

C

• Thanks 1
Stephen Cooke
4 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

It is totally hit and miss since I updated a few days ago.

Have you run the FSDT live update since the 17th which should address issues where custom textures were used that would crash coautl.

Chris Frasure
1 minute ago, Stephen Cooke said:

Have you run the FSDT live update since the 17th which should address issues where custom textures were used that would crash coautl.

Yep!  Ran it about two days ago.  The update crashed it?

Stu Antonio

The update 2.9.4 introduced/reinstated the vehicle logos for P3Dv5.

But it also broke something for some users, where the cache files were not read out correctly. A workaround was to manually remove the cache folder before each sim start so GSX will re-write those cache files.

After several hotfixes, GSX now does this workaround by itself, meaning it will flush the cache folder on sim start and rebuilt it (something that it didn't need to do before the update). It works for me (besides the above mentioned glitches), but this feels like a strange and unfinished solution.

You can follow all the changes/fixes via the official release notes: https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

• Thanks 1
Bernhard Scharbert

Question to FSLabs:

I had a discussion with Umberto from FSDream concerning the wrong passenger/baggage loading since the recent updates from GSX. He wrote something about timing problems between FSLabs and GSX. Could you please look into my discussion with him to judge if this is the solution for the problems some people has suddenly.

Here is the link:  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25554.0.html

Bernhard

Stu Antonio

Apparently there are several Add-On aircraft that after the update don't work properly with GSX anymore.
But Umberto keeps stating that nothing changed with GSX, which feels strange and unreasonable. Maybe he lost track of his product there.

Regarding the flight-crew issue, there's also a thread in their forum which he replied to basically with the same "timing" answer:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25516.0.html

I have the feeling we've done everything we can.

• Like 1
Chris Frasure

I started boarding instantly and using Ultimate Ground Crew X recently.  I realize it doesn’t do anything but pushback and marshaling, but at least it works most of the time.  I don’t understand the attitude from Umberto.  Sorry pal, your program doesn’t work.  It’s not my fault.

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
7 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

@Stu Antonio Do you have a repo case I can follow here where I might see the small bus/van?

Hm, well... not sure. It's on every one of my flight since the GSX update.

Take yesterday's trip from Nantes to Lisbon for example. See OFP attached. LFRSLPPT_PDF_20Sep21.pdf
115 passengers, I did everything as usual (called boarding via the ATSU etc.(, just like I did for the past 300+ flights....

Mini van arrived with 30pax, after that the big one came.

gXdsBgP.jpg