My sim is completely broken.

Alfie Hughes

Well, after a long break of trying to fix it, I'm gonna give it another shot.
Ever since I have updated to 5.2HF1 from 5.1, my sim got nuked. Many issues came in, which many I have fixed, however I still have one/two which is completely making P3D unplayable.
There is this bizarre issue I have with any 3rd party aircraft or scenery, where it will either immediately have all textures disappear to black, or do it later on like in the pushback for example. What's handy is that 5.2HF1 has this nice little tool to reload textures and then after this, my textures are back! But I think this is where the second issue comes in. I've come to believe that if my textures disappear and I have to reload them, I get a tremendous drop in FPS which doesn't come back. The reason I think this is that I've managed to load the PMDG 777 at EGLL with the textures staying all the time, climb to altitude and my frames were normal, running really smoothly. Back to if I have to reload textures, frames are lower on the ground, and they become far lower at altitude. For example I could be below FL280, frames are 40-50, and once I pass FL280 they plummet to 20-30 and it feels really stuttery. Then the frames don't seem to improve much for the arrival, it's only the departure which is somewhat bearable. 
The part which made me go mad when I tried to fix my sim, is that a FULL REINSTALL hasn't resolved this issue! I wiped every P3D related file on this system, reinstalled it, launched the fresh, new install default, no addons. All seemed fine, then I installed the FSLabs ONLY and instantaneously the black textures return, and the same goes for every other aircraft!
Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.5ghz
GTX 1660 Super 6GB's
16GB's RAM @3000mhz
P3D is on a 1TB HDD

If anyone has any idea whatsoever on what in the hell has happened to my sim, any help would be highly, highly appreciated.

You don’t have ORBX TrueEarth regions activated do you? Mine activated by itself recently and saw a huge drop in FPS until I deactivated it again. It’s OK for VFR flying but flying a complex airliner it kills the sim.

7 hours ago, John Price said:

You don’t have ORBX TrueEarth regions activated do you? Mine activated by itself recently and saw a huge drop in FPS until I deactivated it again. It’s OK for VFR flying but flying a complex airliner it kills the sim.

Negative, I only have Global. But I don’t think this is caused by any addon since the issue occurred in a fresh new install with only one aircraft.

It has nothing to do with my specs ageing, since any other game or software I use runs completely as normal.

remember. The only time my P3D has an insane drop of FPS is when the textures disappear at least once. If the textures behave as normal and never disappear, the frames are perfectly fine. I need to find a way to prevent the textures from turning completely black, and I think it has so be some shader issue though I’ve tried practically everything relating to shaders in P3D.

6 hours ago, Samyr Khan said:

How did you update your sim? Client only? Client and Content? or All of it?

Didn't read everything. What drivers are you using?

I have been using the latest drivers every month.

I had very similar problem. For 6GB GPU You must make compromises. First compromiss is use clouds textures with medium resolution, no more than 2048x2048. 

My P3D settings :

I have 6GB GPU too, R7 3700X @4.2 GHz on all cores. With these settings I can normaly use the sim without troubles on almost all airports, including extremly badly optimized freeware ones.

• Like 2