Skalarki Products Picture request

Waleed Nuseibeh

Waleed Nuseibeh

So, I ordered the tcas module to test customs and delivery here in Jordan.

My Bravo throttle Quadrant was held in customs for an extra 10 days as I had to explain to "security" apparatus that it was for Simulation/Entertainment, and then proceed to pay 100% customs and fees so cheap becomes expensive, and Skalarki becomes very expensive.

Nonetheless, I have questions to all who have been enjoying their products.

Is it possible to get you to post pictures as to how they "live" on or around  your desks?

I am looking at ordering the FCU, MCDU, and the home line left pedestal package (modified I hope to somehow fit the TCAS module), and would like an idea of how they "fit" in your environments.

I am particularly interested in the home line pedestal package as I need to figure out where it goes next to my chair, and if I need to "add" support to make it sit up high enough from the floor for me to reach it comfortably.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

• Waleed Nuseibeh changed the title to Skalarki Products Picture request

Hi Waleed,

1,5 years ago, I started with the complete Skalarki Desktop Line:

IMG_0062.thumb.jpg.0706c3a58774a95a6d360cbf8e8d7689.jpg

In my opinion, it immediately changes your view on hardware in its core. You never wanna go back. I was lucky to be able to "upgrade" to this last year:

IMG_1583.thumb.JPG.849bcf0d9b87df78df618ddf30e8a668.JPG

So as a full homecockpit owner, I'm not quite sure if I can help with your fitting issues, but am of course happy to provide detailed pictures of my pedestal and other things if you want to. Just let me know what you need :)

In terms of quality, in my opinion there is nothing beating Skalarki... at least I'm still so happy with it.

Best regards,

Nico

• Like 2
Waleed Nuseibeh

Nico, thanks a lot as I am getting a better idea of how to place everything.

I am sadly unable to go for a "full" setup like you as space is limited, but the first picture shows me the dimensions "live" on a desk and that helps enormously.

I have the TCA side stick and throttle quadrant mounted on my chair (Ikea with monster tech mounts), and so am further back from my desk to accommodate my throttles, but again from your picture it should not be an issue.

Also, I will assume that the home line left pedestal package will need a "booster" to be at a height where I can reach it, having looked at your TQ box.

Still trying to decide whether to get it (modified), or just purchase the modules I need (WXR v2, TCAS, Radio and Audio panels) and put them in a case on the desk instead.

Either way, thanks again for the pictures and enjoy.

35 minutes ago, Waleed Nuseibeh said:

Also, I will assume that the home line left pedestal package will need a "booster" to be at a height where I can reach it, having looked at your TQ box

For the Desktop Line TQ box, that is definitely true. I used a wooden box to get the TQ box up to the desired height.

If it helps you: My current full pedestal has 38cm height at the lower end (gravity gear extension) and 46,5cm height at the upper end (corner of the MCDU).

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2021 at 3:39 PM, Nico Szegedi said:

Hi Waleed,

1,5 years ago, I started with the complete Skalarki Desktop Line:

IMG_0062.thumb.jpg.0706c3a58774a95a6d360cbf8e8d7689.jpg

In my opinion, it immediately changes your view on hardware in its core. You never wanna go back. I was lucky to be able to "upgrade" to this last year:

IMG_1583.thumb.JPG.849bcf0d9b87df78df618ddf30e8a668.JPG

So as a full homecockpit owner, I'm not quite sure if I can help with your fitting issues, but am of course happy to provide detailed pictures of my pedestal and other things if you want to. Just let me know what you need :)

In terms of quality, in my opinion there is nothing beating Skalarki... at least I'm still so happy with it.

Best regards,

Nico

Hi Nico, what a wonderful cockpit! Can you tell me if the DesktopLine you had before was totally compatible with FSLabs and, very important, if with FSLabs you can use multiple monitors in order to get the view only in front and then on the other monitors open multiple windows for PD/ND/ECAM (like ProSim does)?

Thanks, Paolo

Norman Blackburn

Hi Paolo

We already support the use of having all of the display units show on multiple monitors.  We have a number of customers using FSL to drive their full cockpits as well as many others like me using it like Nico did previously.