Stutter and frames drop then go back up.

ibraheemnabeel

ibraheemnabeel

Hey folks!

So I'm having this annoying issue with the FSlabs bird only where the aircraft stutter like hell when changing views and when CPU/GPU usage go up and drops down - its an endless stutter cycle that is annoying as helll - wonder if anyone has experience this and if there is a potential solution for it.

Specs are RTX 2080 Super
32GB of ram
AMD Ryzen 5900X

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve had this issue for several months ever since getting the Sharklets.

I do know these are sometimes caused by power throttling so you may want to look at that.

• Like 1
Craig Phillips

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing the same issue. I thought it was due to my aging machine, as I was only getting ~10fps on average in the sharklets, which is unflyable. But I restarted P3D, and loaded up at the same position in the PMDG 777 and I was getting a solid 30 fps, so it's not the machine. The FSL does seem to be a bit of a resource hog. I shall do some more testing in the non-sharklet versions to see if performance is any better. I don't know if there is anything FSL can actually do, apart from offload the EFB into a stand-alone application, outside of P3D.

Miguel de gonzalo

Same issue here , it dissapear yesterday , my fix was to turn hyperthreading off for INTEL  or SMT for AMD.

You guys have to definitely try it out.

Tell me if it fix your problem.

CHEERS