Jump to content

Thrustmaster joystick and quadrant issues


Mels Visser01

Recommended Posts

Mels Visser01

Hi all,

 

I've just bought the Thrustmaster Airbus pack (joystick + throttle quadrant). I installed the recommended drivers/software, calibrated the quadrant as explained on a Youtube-video, and assigned everything in FSUIPC. However, I am not able to use the build-in reverse function on the quadrant with the FSLABS aircraft(s). When  reversing on the quadrant, I do not see the values change in the MCDU control-section, so I cannot set the zones.

Also, the switches (engline start switch etc...) are not recognised within FSUIPC and the FSLABS aircraft. I cannot assign them in FSUIPC.

 

What am I doing wrong at this point?

Link to comment
Norman Blackburn

Please follow OUR guide in our manual or the one André made for people which we have pinned here - 

 

 

Link to comment
Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, Mels Visser01 said:

Thank you, everything is working now, except for the reverse function. I cannot set it. What am I doing wrong?

As referenced in the post that Norman linked to, what have you set for the 'no rev on stick' option in the MCDU Thrust Lever Controls section?  It's on page 14 of the current 'Introduction Guide' document.

Also note that you don't need to use FSUIPC to get the Thrustmaster TCA kit to work with the FSLabs aircraft - the FSLabs input commands menu within P3D should handle all the controls.

If you want to use the hardware with other aircraft, you'd then have to use custom profiles in FSUIPC or come up with some work around with the P3S settings.

Link to comment
Mels Visser01

I've set it to "REV On Stick" and "One Lever'. However, when I move the quadrant to "reverse", the values in the detent settings in the MCDU do not change at all, they are fixed on -1.000 when moving the reverse.

Just now, Mels Visser01 said:

I've set it to "REV On Stick" and "One Lever'. However, when I move the quadrant to "reverse", the values in the detent settings in the MCDU do not change at all, they are fixed on -1.000 when moving the reverse.

Also, in the input commands menu, I do not see any settings regarding thrust reverse?

Link to comment
Tom van der Elst

Mine looks like this.

 

But here's a thought :

I had trouble installing the throttles too, so in the end I just copied the ini file from

the installation thread by Andre and from then on it went smoothly.

Maybe it would work for you too.

I had to remove the inputs perteining to the parkingbrake and the spoiler and such as

those are on another module that I do not own yet, but it did work for me.

 

2021-8-30_23-6-0-296.jpg

Link to comment
Mels Visser01
30 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Mine looks like this.

 

But here's a thought :

I had trouble installing the throttles too, so in the end I just copied the ini file from

the installation thread by Andre and from then on it went smoothly.

Maybe it would work for you too.

I had to remove the inputs perteining to the parkingbrake and the spoiler and such as

those are on another module that I do not own yet, but it did work for me.

 

2021-8-30_23-6-0-296.jpg

I have exactly the same values. The config file you mentioned, however, made things worse. Idle on the quadrant is now full reverse. The reverse function on the quadrant is totally not being recognised, I do not know how or why.

Link to comment
Tom van der Elst
8 minutes ago, Mels Visser01 said:

I have exactly the same values. The config file you mentioned, however, made things worse. Idle on the quadrant is now full reverse. The reverse function on the quadrant is totally not being recognised, I do not know how or why.

Have you cleared any and all joystick/throttle assignments in the normal p3d axis assignment section?

Also check the joystick assignments as the stick has a slider that can function as throttle.

Link to comment
Peter Hastings

Another option is to go back to basics and remove any Thrustmaster settings.

If you have an entry in 'apps & features' (or programs & features) named 'T.Flight Hotas Drivers', uninstall that.  Then run 'joy.cpl' and reset to default.  That should get you back to the start.

Start the process again and check that your thrust ever values in the MCDU go from -1.00 to +1.00 as you move from max reverse thrust to TOGA.

Link to comment
Mels Visser01
6 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Have you cleared any and all joystick/throttle assignments in the normal p3d axis assignment section?

Also check the joystick assignments as the stick has a slider that can function as throttle.

Everything has been deleted. I don't use the slider on the joystick as the throttle, only the quadrant. The main point is that when moving the slider on the throttle quadrant, the mcdu does not display a change in values. It is not recognising the move. I just deleted the drivers, reinstalled everything and calibrated the devices.

Link to comment
Mels Visser01
23 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

Another option is to go back to basics and remove any Thrustmaster settings.

If you have an entry in 'apps & features' (or programs & features) named 'T.Flight Hotas Drivers', uninstall that.  Then run 'joy.cpl' and reset to default.  That should get you back to the start.

Start the process again and check that your thrust ever values in the MCDU go from -1.00 to +1.00 as you move from max reverse thrust to TOGA.

Deleting everything and starting off "from scratch" did the trick. There is still some "fine tuning" needed, since it keeps showing me "LVR ASYM", but I copied the settings from lever 1 to 2. Thanks all!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Tom van der Elst

Enjoy Mels, it's a hoot flying this thing with that hardware.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Peter Hastings
3 hours ago, Mels Visser01 said:

Deleting everything and starting off "from scratch" did the trick. There is still some "fine tuning" needed, since it keeps showing me "LVR ASYM", but I copied the settings from lever 1 to 2. Thanks all!

Good to hear it!  A few people have had similar experiences to you - I don't know what goes wrong, but at least there's a way to start again!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
Mels Visser01

I think I can reply to re-open this question? :).

 

I was too soon with saying that everything worked for me, unfortunately it is not. Whatever I do, it won't work. Assigning won't work and setting the detent zones also won't work. I followed the manual(s), but nothing works. 

 

What should I do?

Link to comment
Norman Blackburn

If it worked before it will work again.  Make sure and follow all of the steps outlined in Andre‘s guide.

Link to comment
Mels Visser01
58 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

If it worked before it will work again.  Make sure and follow all of the steps outlined in Andre‘s guide.

I did. Before, I thought it worked, but did not have flown for a while, after that, I came to the conclusion that it did not do the job.

Link to comment
Norman Blackburn
41 minutes ago, Mels Visser01 said:

I came to the conclusion that it did not do the job.

I would be more inclined to consider you had not followed the steps in their entirety.  There is no other reason why your experience would be different to that of others. 

Link to comment
Jamie Prince

I had issues with mine after doing a PC reinstall so did a factory rest on the throttles. Worth giving it a try.

 

First, make sure when you do the following procedure, make sure the device is connected to a 2.0 USB port, not a 3.0 USB port; Please try a different 2.0 USB port if possible.
 
Do not use any hubs, extensions or adapters. Make sure you Windows PC is up to date.
 
Please try the following FACTORY RESET procedure below:
 
1. First, please disconnect your Quadrant from the PC
2. Next, uninstall all Thrustmaster Drivers
3. Then reconnect the Quadrant
4. Then go to the game control panel by typing joy.cpl in your start search.
5. Click on properties, then go to the Settings Tab and click on Reset to default(see pdf)
6. Disconnect the Quadrant
7. Download and install the Thrustmaster Drivers and update the firmware following the instructions below.
 
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/
 
8. Test your unit in the Game control panel.
 
Also, this youtube video should help:
 
https://youtu.be/jVI6fy5wzn0
 
Also, see attached pdf
 
If it still does not work then you may have a hardware issue and we recommend you contact the reseller for further assistance.
 
PS: To update the latest Drivers, just click on the link below, navigate to Drivers and download them there; do not plug in the device just yet:
 
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-officer-pack-airbus-edition-en/
 
After installing the drivers(you need to find them on the PC to install them after they download), make sure you restart your windows PC. Then in the start or windows logo of  your PC, find the Thrustmaster folder in Apps. Inside you will see a FIRMWARE UPDATE APP. Open that up. Plug in your device into a 2.0 USB port. The PC should now recognize the controller; you should see it in the Preparation box of the firmware update. Click OK to start the firmware update. You should get 3 green checks at the end of the update. You can close the window now.
 
Next step you can do is plug it onto a PC and check with the joy.cpl if your unit is faulty or not.
 
To do so, follow the simple instructions below with your device:
 
Access the Control Panel to test it:
1. Simultaneously press the WINDOWS+R keys on your keyboard;
2. Type in the RUN window "joy.cpl";
3. The name of your product should appear with the status "OK";
   Then double click on the name of the device that will appear on the new window.
   In the Game Controllers Panel verify if each command responds properly to your actions.
4. Click on the Properties button to test your product's hardware functionality.
 
You are now ready to play.  If you need help with mappings, check the mapping section in the support website above.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Mels Visser01
13 hours ago, Jamie Prince said:

I had issues with mine after doing a PC reinstall so did a factory rest on the throttles. Worth giving it a try.

 

First, make sure when you do the following procedure, make sure the device is connected to a 2.0 USB port, not a 3.0 USB port; Please try a different 2.0 USB port if possible.
 
Do not use any hubs, extensions or adapters. Make sure you Windows PC is up to date.
 
Please try the following FACTORY RESET procedure below:
 
1. First, please disconnect your Quadrant from the PC
2. Next, uninstall all Thrustmaster Drivers
3. Then reconnect the Quadrant
4. Then go to the game control panel by typing joy.cpl in your start search.
5. Click on properties, then go to the Settings Tab and click on Reset to default(see pdf)
6. Disconnect the Quadrant
7. Download and install the Thrustmaster Drivers and update the firmware following the instructions below.
 
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/
 
8. Test your unit in the Game control panel.
 
Also, this youtube video should help:
 
https://youtu.be/jVI6fy5wzn0
 
Also, see attached pdf
 
If it still does not work then you may have a hardware issue and we recommend you contact the reseller for further assistance.
 
PS: To update the latest Drivers, just click on the link below, navigate to Drivers and download them there; do not plug in the device just yet:
 
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-officer-pack-airbus-edition-en/
 
After installing the drivers(you need to find them on the PC to install them after they download), make sure you restart your windows PC. Then in the start or windows logo of  your PC, find the Thrustmaster folder in Apps. Inside you will see a FIRMWARE UPDATE APP. Open that up. Plug in your device into a 2.0 USB port. The PC should now recognize the controller; you should see it in the Preparation box of the firmware update. Click OK to start the firmware update. You should get 3 green checks at the end of the update. You can close the window now.
 
Next step you can do is plug it onto a PC and check with the joy.cpl if your unit is faulty or not.
 
To do so, follow the simple instructions below with your device:
 
Access the Control Panel to test it:
1. Simultaneously press the WINDOWS+R keys on your keyboard;
2. Type in the RUN window "joy.cpl";
3. The name of your product should appear with the status "OK";
   Then double click on the name of the device that will appear on the new window.
   In the Game Controllers Panel verify if each command responds properly to your actions.
4. Click on the Properties button to test your product's hardware functionality.
 
You are now ready to play.  If you need help with mappings, check the mapping section in the support website above.

Thank you. This is what I needed in order to make it work. However, the reverse is not recognised in the sim. When I try to map the detents, the settings vary from -1.00 to 1.00, however the reverse function does not work. I can map everything from idle to climb and toga, but not below idle (e.g. reverse).

Link to comment
Mels Visser01
18 hours ago, Jamie Prince said:

Have you cleared the any and all joystick/throttle assignments in the normal p3d and just using the FSLabs input menu?

Yes, deleted literally everything and set it up in the FSLABS input menu.

Link to comment
Tom van der Elst

Have you also set your throttles in the FMC>options> controls> throttle levers to two levers and reverse on stick ?

2021-10-16_16-18-40-970.png

Link to comment
On 10/16/2021 at 4:20 PM, Tom van der Elst said:

Have you also set your throttles in the FMC>options> controls> throttle levers to two levers and reverse on stick ?

2021-10-16_16-18-40-970.png

Yes, I also did that. And removed the .ini file and then regenerated it.

Link to comment
Tom van der Elst

So it is still like it was before, even after regenerating the .ini file ?

everything works but the reverse?

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Tom van der Elst said:

So it is still like it was before, even after regenerating the .ini file ?

everything works but the reverse?

Yes, the main problem is that I can set all the detent zones from IDLE, CLIMB, FLEX, TOGA. However, when I want to assign the detent zones for the Reverse Thrust, when I move the levers, it does not send a signal to the MCDU where you can see the position. So I cannot set it.

 

 

Link to comment
Peter Hastings
25 minutes ago, Mels Visser01 said:

Yes, the main problem is that I can set all the detent zones from IDLE, CLIMB, FLEX, TOGA. However, when I want to assign the detent zones for the Reverse Thrust, when I move the levers, it does not send a signal to the MCDU where you can see the position. So I cannot set it.

 

 

So what is the range of thrust lever position values in the MCDU as you move from max reverse thrust to TOGA?

Where is the lever when the value is -1.00 if it isn't at max reverse?

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

So what is the range of thrust lever position values in the MCDU as you move from max reverse thrust to TOGA?

Where is the lever when the value is -1.00 if it isn't at max reverse?

The same as with everybody I guess. Max Reverse is -1.000. It shows up in the MCDU position, but the actual thrust levers won't move at all. Also changing (at least attempting to) the detent zones won't work for me either.

Link to comment
Peter Hastings
2 hours ago, Mels Visser01 said:

Yes, the main problem is that I can set all the detent zones from IDLE, CLIMB, FLEX, TOGA. However, when I want to assign the detent zones for the Reverse Thrust, when I move the levers, it does not send a signal to the MCDU where you can see the position. So I cannot set it.

 

1 hour ago, Mels Visser01 said:

The same as with everybody I guess. Max Reverse is -1.000. It shows up in the MCDU position, but the actual thrust levers won't move at all. Also changing (at least attempting to) the detent zones won't work for me either.

I'm a bit confused here.  If you physically move the lever to max reverse, then the THR POS value in the MCDU is -1.000, but the lever doesn't go there in the sim and remains at idle?  Is that what you mean?

What happens if you manually enter the THR POS values into the MCDU of -1.000 to -0.800 (for instance) - do the levers move all the way back?

Another thing to try would be to change to 'no' for for the 'reverse on stick' selection, close down P3D, restart and see if it has changed anything. Then go back to 'yes' to reverse on stick and try again.

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Peter Hastings said:

 

I'm a bit confused here.  If you physically move the lever to max reverse, then the THR POS value in the MCDU is -1.000, but the lever doesn't go there in the sim and remains at idle?  Is that what you mean?

What happens if you manually enter the THR POS values into the MCDU of -1.000 to -0.800 (for instance) - do the levers move all the way back?

Another thing to try would be to change to 'no' for for the 'reverse on stick' selection, close down P3D, restart and see if it has changed anything. Then go back to 'yes' to reverse on stick and try again.

The last did the trick (for now). Thank you very much. I hope it will save the detent-settings for the next time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...