FSL Configuration

Pedro Jorge Ferreira

Pedro Jorge Ferreira

Hi all, good afternoon, 

I own a full skalarki A320 cockpit running with ProSimA320 under 3 pc's (1 server and 2 clients ).

I'm start to get interested in migrate from Prosim to FSL, in order to make use of my hardware would like to understand a few things first, can FSL be installed over those 3 pc's? if yes where can I find literature to do it, If not how can I make the best use of client pc's/monitors (ie, having extra addons ASky etc).

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Pedro 

Michael Ackermann

Hi Pedro,

I'm currently using the full Skalarki cockpit with FSL, as described here : https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/28651-fslskalarki-complete-cockpit/

It's currently with just one Beamer though.

You can connect two PCs using the Spacedesk utility  : https://www.spacedesk.net/ . It's quite easy to setup. I got no noticeable performance gain, so I kept the easier one PC solution.  With three Beamers I guess one powerful PC with second graphic card inside would be most ideal these days.

A third PC should be not needed at all, so you might use that for other tasks (I use a spare PC to display a Wing or outside view via Wideview). Anyway, to maybe give better advice, could you tell more details about your PCs (CPU, GPU) ? And are you using a one, two or three Beamer setup ?

Mike

Pedro Jorge Ferreira

Server PC:

Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming (WI-FI)
Intel Core i9-10900K CPU,10 Cores / 20 Threads, 3.7 - 5.3GHz
32GB DDR4 3200MHz 
RTX 2080Ti ROG Strix OC 11GB
Runs 1 Beamer Optoma HD29HST, desktop monitor, environment audio system and all Flight Ctrls 

Client PC's both have: 

Z390-AORUS-PRO Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro 2
Intel Core i5 9600K 6-Core (3.7GHz-4.6GHz)
RAM 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
GTX 1660 Ti VENTUS XS 6G OC 
PC Captain Side runs, PFD/ND display, ECAM's display, MCDU display, ZenScreen Touch MB16AMT display (for Navigraph charts and AS Weather) and MIP aural warning audio
PC FO Side runs, PFD/ND display and MCDU display only as majority of the time I fly solo.

No OC in any CPU.  

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Pedro 

Pedro Jorge Ferreira

Hi, 

For some reason that I don't know I cannot access your link  https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/28651-fslskalarki-complete-cockpit/ 

Will contact support.

Regards

PF

Hi, 

For some reason that I don't know I cannot access your link  https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/28651-fslskalarki-complete-cockpit/ 

Will contact support.

Regards

PF

Norman Blackburn

This link was in an area that only customers could see.  This has been changed for you.

Michael Ackermann
1 hour ago, Pedro Jorge Ferreira said:

Server PC:

Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming (WI-FI)
Intel Core i9-10900K CPU,10 Cores / 20 Threads, 3.7 - 5.3GHz
32GB DDR4 3200MHz 
RTX 2080Ti ROG Strix OC 11GB
Runs 1 Beamer Optoma HD29HST, desktop monitor, environment audio system and all Flight Ctrls

Your primary PC is more powerful than mine, so more than sufficient to run FSL with just that PC. You can connect a part of your displays via HDMI-USB3 adapters, they are quite cheap to get. But as mentioned above, if you prefer to use a second PC, you can use the above mentioned Spacedesk.

Let me know whatever questions you might have.

Mike

Pedro Jorge Ferreira
47 minutes ago, Michael Ackermann said:

Your primary PC is more powerful than mine, so more than sufficient to run FSL with just that PC. You can connect a part of your displays via HDMI-USB3 adapters, they are quite cheap to get. But as mentioned above, if you prefer to use a second PC, you can use the above mentioned Spacedesk.

Let me know whatever questions you might have.

Mike

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for your support I can access the link now. 

Regards

Pedro  

On 8/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, Pedro Jorge Ferreira said:

Hi all, good afternoon, 

I own a full skalarki A320 cockpit running with ProSimA320 under 3 pc's (1 server and 2 clients ).

I'm start to get interested in migrate from Prosim to FSL, in order to make use of my hardware would like to understand a few things first, can FSL be installed over those 3 pc's? if yes where can I find literature to do it, If not how can I make the best use of client pc's/monitors (ie, having extra addons ASky etc).

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Pedro 

Hi there. I'm deciding no a home build setup. Any particular reason you're going from prosim to FSlabs?

Thanks

Pedro Jorge Ferreira
1 hour ago, Sam Barry said:

Hi there. I'm deciding no a home build setup. Any particular reason you're going from prosim to FSlabs?

Thanks

Hi Sam, 

Prosim is fine but costly, also still have issues with flight model and software.

Regards

Pedro