GSX "Please Cut Engines" during single engine taxi in

Aaron Forero

Aaron Forero

Hello everyone. 

I'm really happy using the sharklets with the TCA pack. I've been having an issue in the last days during test with the hardware that never happened to me before. While taxi in, after the 3 min period, I shut down engine 2 and select the Y ELEC pump on. I don't know if its a bad idea, but most of the times I pick the gate right after landing. During taxi in, and before reaching the gate I get this message "Please Cut Engines" from GSX. In this case I don't get any signals and just the "lady pretty upset", asking me to cut the engines. Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Any ideas?

Thank you  

Craig Baillie

I perform single engine tax in/out all the time and I've never seen this. I generally select the GSX gate once I'm off the runway (virtually speaking to the ground ATC!).

For GSX to display what it is to you the programme thinks you're parked? Are you selecting the gate after you shut down one of the engines, perhaps that's what is confusing it?

Aaron Forero

Thanks Craig for your response. 

It seems like it does think I'm parked or something like that... Normally what I do is to vacate the RWY, select the parking position, then perform the After Landing flows and then shut down the engine. Once I'm close to the selected gate GSX says "Please Cut Engines". 

I'm using P3D V4.5... maybe it's better to upgrade to V5? I'll make some more testing and see what happens... Last time made a single Eng taxi in from the Rwy w/o a full flight, selected the gate reaching it and it did not happened what I'm telling you.

Thanks anyway :)  

Craig Baillie

Sorry I can’t help more only to say your landing flow is the same as mine. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

As an aside…if you’ve been thinking about V5: do it.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Though I publicly state that I refuse to be held accountable if you are :P!