Problem with tca throttle setup

Parker Freeman

Parker Freeman

I've been trying for five hours to get the tca airbus throttle setup.  Is there a FOOLPROOF list of steps to get this thing working correctly?  I have reloaded firmware, factory calibrated  throttle and then set detents in the fslabs options.  Yet I can't seem to get flight idle so that I can start engines... all I can see is MREV.  Please look at the following noting the climb indicator yet the engines show up in reverse.  Any help will be appreciated

Capture.PNG

Peter Hastings

What are your detent settings? Can you post a screenshot?

I suppose you've followed the steps in the sticky post in this forum?

Tom van der Elst

Have you tried the ini files in Andre Folkers sticky topic?

( which i totally awesome by the way, thank you Andre )

Also cleared out all assignments to axis in P3D itself ?

I recently installed the TCA flightstick and using Andre's ini files

with certain parts redacted away because I do not own the hardware yet worked for me.

Parker Freeman

Yes,  I just did a complete Thrustmaster driver install and factory calibration w/o Fslabs installed.  I then installed a320x-169.No joy.  Throttles are at toga yet annunciator says rev

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Peter Hastings

What are your THR POS values on the detent settings page at the minimum and maximum thrust lever positions?  The range should be -1.00 to +1.00.

Parker Freeman

Well, after all of this messing around for now 10 hours I have +1.00 to 0.00  That is a massive step backwards

Marvin Toepfer
8 minutes ago, Parker Freeman said:

Well, after all of this messing around for now 10 hours I have +1.00 to 0.00  That is a massive step backwards

In that case, the calibration didnt work completely cause its not giving u the full range. Make sure you have the full range including reverse AND pls also check that in the MCDU you checked for two axes and rev 

Parker Freeman

The thrustmaster control panel shows full range.  I have two axes and rev checked.  

Parker Freeman

I went over to x-plane and the toliss a319.  Without changing anything the TCA quadrant works full range as is.  Seems that the problem is somewhere in the FSLabs software or setup

CHRISWHITE

I'll be on my computer shortly. When I am I will post screenshots of my mcdu and you can see how they match up. My TCA arrived on sunday and worked fine. All I had to do was calibrate them

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Peter Hastings

Parker, there's some troubleshooting in this post and the following ones in the other big thread. 

I'd possibly suggest coming out of P3D and renaming your A320ThrustLevers.ini and FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini files to allow these to be recreated when you start P3D up again with the quadrant connected.  You should see the pop up message about automatically assigning the controls.  Then see what the THR POS range is in the MCDU.

A_ndré_F_olkers
3 hours ago, Parker Freeman said:

Yes,  I just did a complete Thrustmaster driver install and factory calibration w/o Fslabs installed.  I then installed a320x-169.No joy.  Throttles are at toga yet annunciator says rev

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

In the FSLABS mcdu at the detent settings (with the engines running) set your throttle to full reverse which value is in green right top, next set your throttle to toga and which value do you have right top?

Parker Freeman

That seemed to do it.  Just need some tweaking of the detents.  Thanks for all the help

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Parker Freeman said:

That seemed to do it.  Just need some tweaking of the detents.  Thanks for all the help

It's good that you back on track - apart from the wasted time!

Usually though, someone else on the forum has had a similar or related problem - and is happy to help others in the same situation.

My two suggestions would be:

1) If you see a post about a problem you've had previously and has been resolved - tell us about the solution
2) If you fixed it yourself (or with help from the form), post what you did to fix it!