A350...please

Ben Briscoe

Ben Briscoe

Hi,

Brand new to FsLabs and thoroughly impressed with the A320.

I'm usually a long hauler (PMDG 747 / 777, QW 787 etc) and would love you guys to take on the A350...would be incredible!

Go on! :)

B

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Anatoly Briskin
1 hour ago, Ben Briscoe said:

Hi,

Brand new to FsLabs and thoroughly impressed with the A320.

I'm usually a long hauler (PMDG 747 / 777, QW 787 etc) and would love you guys to take on the A350...would be incredible!

Go on! :)

B

330 and 340 would be more their speed.  350 is totally different animal.  30 and 40 they can pull off easily.  

Ben Briscoe
10 minutes ago, Anatoly Briskin said:

330 and 340 would be more their speed.  350 is totally different animal.  30 and 40 they can pull off easily.  

But the A350's the cool, new guy in town :) 

Anatoly Briskin
22 minutes ago, Ben Briscoe said:

But the A350's the cool, new guy in town :) 

These bigger and established guys with reputation to uphold are pretty reluctant to deviate from  their winning recipe to success.  Several factors at play, one of course is comfort zone but it's not the main one.  They build highly accurate as far as desktop simulation can go renditions of those planes.  To do that you need to go into the minute level of detail from fractions of pound torque of an engine to fraction of a degree of aileron deflection to fraction of a psi on a hydraulic system.  To get to that minutia they need real world data. And it is much easier to obtain that data on a plane that has been in development since 70s. vs a next GEn aircraft with next gen avionics.  and next gen glass cockpit. They simply might not have access to that data.  Second important consideration is that pairing that next gen everything with previous gen sim might be way too laborious and expensive undertaking. There are no study level high accuracy next gen aircraft in any of the sim platforms. In XP there is an A350 by Flight Factor which was a disaster for many years until Toliss bailed it out by pretty much cheating and plopping A320 logic behind the scenes.  Made that plane a nice line hauler point a to point b to do some OnAir flights but study level it is not.  Q787 is another example, flyable plane, good plane but it's a simulation light plane.  FSL is a michellin star gourmet  kitchen they are reluctant to go into more casual dining arena :).

• Like 1
On 7/13/2021 at 8:35 PM, Anatoly Briskin said:

FSL is a michellin star gourmet  kitchen they are reluctant to go into more casual dining arena :).

Interesting comparison, but three star Michelin precisely reward innovation, I would not exactly call the A330/340 - essentially benefitting of the A320 development - terribly innovative even though it might be an excellent recipe of traditional cuisine.

Sabine Meier
7 minutes ago, Jean-Claude Bailly said:

Interesting comparison, but three star Michelin precisely reward innovation, I would not exactly call the A330/340 - essentially benefitting of the A320 development - terribly innovative even though it might be an excellent recipe of traditional cuisine.

However keeping three stars is difficult.

Anatoly Briskin

See it would have been more difficult if there was cross-pollination of devs between sim platforms.  If FSL came to XP they would have to compete with Toliss thereby pushing both to innovate however neither them or Toliss are much interested in the other's sandbox.   I am betting the same will happen with FS2020 sandbox.  P3D is clunky and people are itching to move somewhere else providing there are planes to fly in that somewhere.  XP crowd is not in a such big hurry, the sandbox is user friendly and very flexible, Those of us who like boeings we fly PMDG in P3D and buy FSL for contrast and compare and some role play with ATSU and GSX, so if and when PMDG moves over  we'll transfer those to FS2020 and buy FSL again if and when it comes over for same reasons and we'll still keep our Tolisses just because they feel nice to hand fly, but those who don't itch for boeings in XP  now, will stay put leaving FSL and Toliss  again alone and without real competition in their respective sandboxes.  

Camille MOUCHEL

An A220 or even an embrace 175 E2 family would be awesome as well

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Michele Benedetti

I agree…the A350 is the way to go. It would be the perfect add-on. Even more so than an A330/A340. 

• 2 weeks later...
Andrzej Witold

I think the key factor for A350 and A380 is lack of the data. You can find plenty of them for older generation, even in the form of shady PDFs. Most of this documentation now is only available in the form of various tablet apps. So to get access to this you have to be solid hacker and I do not think commercial developer even consider this. Another implication is that you cannot get anything 2nd hand on eBay.

&

• 2 weeks later...
Troy Kretzul

It would be very interesting if they were secretly working on an A330 (or hopefully Concorde) for MSFS behind the scenes, and that was their grand opener for the new platform! I'm a bit OCD when it comes to maintaining high fidelity reference level experiences on my sim, so as of now, it is very difficult to venture far for me in the MSFS world.

Mo matter how much we ask, beg, plead for a 380/350/340/long-range Cub or whatever, I would think FSLabs has already made up its mind and it working on it. 

• Like 1
Alejandro mirania

In spite of every days numerous infections I wish everybody is alright and healthy. One more wish, the A330!!!. Such splendorous aircraft worth it.

Stay healthy, Alex

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...