Did FSLABS miss the MSFS train with the upcoming FENIX A320 ?

Camille MOUCHEL

Gregory Bally
On 8/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Timm,

as is my new favorite quote, "silence does not mean quiet". We're leaving it at that for now.

Agree :-)

Just my own assumptions but to release an add-on like the Flabs A320, you need to be smart...  and because they are, they know that they can let MSFS aside to ensure the future of the company. 

They've already had a similar approach as Fenix has with their upcoming A320 ceo : simulating systems outside the simulator core engine...  They did it with FSX and will do it again with MSFS.

And because there is already a nice A320 coming to MSFS, my guess is that the initially planned twin-aisle will be the one developed for MSFS.

Now, I have to admit that having a team like Fenix sharing the development very regularly with fans/potential future customers is a nice thing that keeps the excitment and makes you feel you're part of the journey, together with the devs. Also, I don't think it has negative effects on future sales (disclosing a future product vs. competition)....  but we have to respect Fslabs' team choice especially as they never disappointed us with solid products :-)

Long live Fslabs !

• Like 2
Jeremy Smirnov
On 7/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, Anatoly Briskin said:

LOL XPs ATC no longer bothers anyone because everyone moved on to Pilot2ATC or Vatsim and never looked back.  XP GA aircraft is excellent especially ones with G1000 suite.  ASOBO could take a lesson or two of what proper stock plane should look like  Stock Airliners are flyable but then again why would I want to fly stock 737 when I have zibo for free and zibo goes toe to toe with PMDG in all respects.  Where XP shines is in user flexibility and cleanness of installation and also visuals that can be had for nearly free. Plenty of top notch of payware airplanes from modern airbuses to classics to regionals to GA Only under represented area is heavy Boeings that's why people like me suffer thru with P3D.  FS ports of GA planes are nowhere close to their counterparts in P3D or XP not in quality of life areas not in flight dynamics. They are better then they were a year ago but still nowhere close. At the rate it goes we'll have to wait another year before it sorts itself out.  As far as DC6 goes, well DC6 is a big C172 with 4 engines, it's a test bed for PMDG.  The true test of what FS can do will be when FSL or PMDG or Toliss or whomever is established in the arena brings over a modern complex airliner into that sandbox.  If that modern complex airliner flies there then we are off to the races.

This is funny. I JUST checked back here and saw this reply to my post. BOY... things have changed. I have been flying XP more than any of the other two sims... I have since gone on to purchase all of the FlyJSim's older Boeings, FlghtFactor A350, and Felis Tu-154 as well as the new 747-200.... Yeah. I was WAY off about XP. :)

Daniel Jaffe
22 hours ago, Jeremy Smirnov said:

This is funny. I JUST checked back here and saw this reply to my post. BOY... things have changed. I have been flying XP more than any of the other two sims... I have since gone on to purchase all of the FlyJSim's older Boeings, FlghtFactor A350, and Felis Tu-154 as well as the new 747-200.... Yeah. I was WAY off about XP. :)

Funny, I had the opposite experience.  I tried MSFS 2020 first.  I got frustrated because I wanted a good airliner.  I ended up buying XP with the Toliss, and I bought a few other planes and lots of scenery along the way.  Then I saw the FS Labs A320 and decided to try P3D, and so I bought P3D, FS Labs A320, Active Sky, GSX and Chaseplane.  Since then I just keep coming back to P3D.  I've added more scenery, bought a bunch of PMDG stuff, Sharklets here, the Leonardo Maddog, etc.  Still, I'm hoping MSFS 2020 makes it too because the visuals are amazing, and the development is full speed ahead, which will benefit us all eventually.

Also, I notice Leonardo keeps dropping quick videos in MSFS 2020.  I've got my fingers crossed that it comes soon along with the PMDG 737.  I think there will be plenty to fly in all three sims for a while, but eventually I expect to move most of flying to MSFS 2020 -- provided the planes, scenery and utilities (e.g., Active Sky) I really like (or their equivalents) come to the sim. 

Anatoly Briskin
On 9/21/2021 at 12:55 PM, Jeremy Smirnov said:

LOL try inibuilds A300 A310 and Beluga if you want to hurt your wallet some more :) and Toliss A340 is dropping in 25 days. 

Anatoly Briskin
On 9/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, Daniel Jaffe said:

Funny, I had the opposite experience.  I tried MSFS 2020 first.  I got frustrated because I wanted a good airliner.  I ended up buying XP with the Toliss, and I bought a few other planes and lots of scenery along the way.  Then I saw the FS Labs A320 and decided to try P3D, and so I bought P3D, FS Labs A320, Active Sky, GSX and Chaseplane.  Since then I just keep coming back to P3D.  I've added more scenery, bought a bunch of PMDG stuff, Sharklets here, the Leonardo Maddog, etc.  Still, I'm hoping MSFS 2020 makes it too because the visuals are amazing, and the development is full speed ahead, which will benefit us all eventually.

Also, I notice Leonardo keeps dropping quick videos in MSFS 2020.  I've got my fingers crossed that it comes soon along with the PMDG 737.  I think there will be plenty to fly in all three sims for a while, but eventually I expect to move most of flying to MSFS 2020 -- provided the planes, scenery and utilities (e.g., Active Sky) I really like (or their equivalents) come to the sim. 

It's kind of what you grow up with I guess.  I switched to XP10  awhile ago  and  while I do enjoy P3D planes a great deal the whole user experience within sandbox is so horrific compared to MSFS and XP that I can't spend more than two hours in the sim.   While MSFS and XP I can fly for days non stop.  Working title CJ4 and DA mods are extremely well done in MSFS no thanks to Asobo that that time passes by quickly.  :)

Dave Woycek
On 7/16/2021 at 11:17 PM, Markus Burkhard said:

Just that? For me my life might be complete and I'd retire early... very early :lol:

A330? No way for me.

Rather an A321XLR. Not that interested in the fatties.

But yeah, A330 info may be readily available to the developers, while information about the NEOs may not.

davide montana
On 10/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, Phil Tereny said:

Well, doesn't look like FSLabs is going to neglect the MSFS.;)

grafik.png.ea47eef56ec4db479369b1007de7cbf2.png

noted also today....hope they will do it...

Koen Meier
20 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

I thought a big hype will break lose with this screenshot. Was this already communicated at an earlier point?