Did FSLABS miss the MSFS train with the upcoming FENIX A320 ?

Camille MOUCHEL

I wish all the platforms all the best with future endeavours , however my setup using Skalarki products i have no intention in moving platforms anytime soon . :) 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Timm,

as is my new favorite quote, "silence does not mean quiet". We're leaving it at that for now.

Agree :-)

Just my own assumptions but to release an add-on like the Flabs A320, you need to be smart...  and because they are, they know that they can let MSFS aside to ensure the future of the company. 

They've already had a similar approach as Fenix has with their upcoming A320 ceo : simulating systems outside the simulator core engine...  They did it with FSX and will do it again with MSFS.

And because there is already a nice A320 coming to MSFS, my guess is that the initially planned twin-aisle will be the one developed for MSFS.

Now, I have to admit that having a team like Fenix sharing the development very regularly with fans/potential future customers is a nice thing that keeps the excitment and makes you feel you're part of the journey, together with the devs. Also, I don't think it has negative effects on future sales (disclosing a future product vs. competition)....  but we have to respect Fslabs' team choice especially as they never disappointed us with solid products :-)

Long live Fslabs !

• Like 3
Jeremy Smirnov
On 7/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, Anatoly Briskin said:

LOL XPs ATC no longer bothers anyone because everyone moved on to Pilot2ATC or Vatsim and never looked back.  XP GA aircraft is excellent especially ones with G1000 suite.  ASOBO could take a lesson or two of what proper stock plane should look like  Stock Airliners are flyable but then again why would I want to fly stock 737 when I have zibo for free and zibo goes toe to toe with PMDG in all respects.  Where XP shines is in user flexibility and cleanness of installation and also visuals that can be had for nearly free. Plenty of top notch of payware airplanes from modern airbuses to classics to regionals to GA Only under represented area is heavy Boeings that's why people like me suffer thru with P3D.  FS ports of GA planes are nowhere close to their counterparts in P3D or XP not in quality of life areas not in flight dynamics. They are better then they were a year ago but still nowhere close. At the rate it goes we'll have to wait another year before it sorts itself out.  As far as DC6 goes, well DC6 is a big C172 with 4 engines, it's a test bed for PMDG.  The true test of what FS can do will be when FSL or PMDG or Toliss or whomever is established in the arena brings over a modern complex airliner into that sandbox.  If that modern complex airliner flies there then we are off to the races.

This is funny. I JUST checked back here and saw this reply to my post. BOY... things have changed. I have been flying XP more than any of the other two sims... I have since gone on to purchase all of the FlyJSim's older Boeings, FlghtFactor A350, and Felis Tu-154 as well as the new 747-200.... Yeah. I was WAY off about XP. :)

22 hours ago, Jeremy Smirnov said:

This is funny. I JUST checked back here and saw this reply to my post. BOY... things have changed. I have been flying XP more than any of the other two sims... I have since gone on to purchase all of the FlyJSim's older Boeings, FlghtFactor A350, and Felis Tu-154 as well as the new 747-200.... Yeah. I was WAY off about XP. :)

Funny, I had the opposite experience.  I tried MSFS 2020 first.  I got frustrated because I wanted a good airliner.  I ended up buying XP with the Toliss, and I bought a few other planes and lots of scenery along the way.  Then I saw the FS Labs A320 and decided to try P3D, and so I bought P3D, FS Labs A320, Active Sky, GSX and Chaseplane.  Since then I just keep coming back to P3D.  I've added more scenery, bought a bunch of PMDG stuff, Sharklets here, the Leonardo Maddog, etc.  Still, I'm hoping MSFS 2020 makes it too because the visuals are amazing, and the development is full speed ahead, which will benefit us all eventually.

Also, I notice Leonardo keeps dropping quick videos in MSFS 2020.  I've got my fingers crossed that it comes soon along with the PMDG 737.  I think there will be plenty to fly in all three sims for a while, but eventually I expect to move most of flying to MSFS 2020 -- provided the planes, scenery and utilities (e.g., Active Sky) I really like (or their equivalents) come to the sim. 

Anatoly Briskin
On 9/21/2021 at 12:55 PM, Jeremy Smirnov said:

LOL try inibuilds A300 A310 and Beluga if you want to hurt your wallet some more :) and Toliss A340 is dropping in 25 days. 

Anatoly Briskin
On 9/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, Daniel Jaffe said:

Funny, I had the opposite experience.  I tried MSFS 2020 first.  I got frustrated because I wanted a good airliner.  I ended up buying XP with the Toliss, and I bought a few other planes and lots of scenery along the way.  Then I saw the FS Labs A320 and decided to try P3D, and so I bought P3D, FS Labs A320, Active Sky, GSX and Chaseplane.  Since then I just keep coming back to P3D.  I've added more scenery, bought a bunch of PMDG stuff, Sharklets here, the Leonardo Maddog, etc.  Still, I'm hoping MSFS 2020 makes it too because the visuals are amazing, and the development is full speed ahead, which will benefit us all eventually.

Also, I notice Leonardo keeps dropping quick videos in MSFS 2020.  I've got my fingers crossed that it comes soon along with the PMDG 737.  I think there will be plenty to fly in all three sims for a while, but eventually I expect to move most of flying to MSFS 2020 -- provided the planes, scenery and utilities (e.g., Active Sky) I really like (or their equivalents) come to the sim. 

It's kind of what you grow up with I guess.  I switched to XP10  awhile ago  and  while I do enjoy P3D planes a great deal the whole user experience within sandbox is so horrific compared to MSFS and XP that I can't spend more than two hours in the sim.   While MSFS and XP I can fly for days non stop.  Working title CJ4 and DA mods are extremely well done in MSFS no thanks to Asobo that that time passes by quickly.  :)

On 7/16/2021 at 11:17 PM, Markus Burkhard said:

Just that? For me my life might be complete and I'd retire early... very early :lol:

A330? No way for me.

Rather an A321XLR. Not that interested in the fatties.

But yeah, A330 info may be readily available to the developers, while information about the NEOs may not.

davide montana
On 10/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, Phil Tereny said:

Well, doesn't look like FSLabs is going to neglect the MSFS.;)

grafik.png.ea47eef56ec4db479369b1007de7cbf2.png

noted also today....hope they will do it...

20 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

I thought a big hype will break lose with this screenshot. Was this already communicated at an earlier point?

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
ANDREY BERESTNEV

Here  is my 5 cents. I 100% will use both P3D and MSFS when it will be enjoyable, and even when Fenix release their A320, I'll be wait for new product from FSLabs, because prepar3d still bring me amazing times (ofc with FSLabs products)

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

OK MSFS looks awesome but still has problems.

the A320 NEO only works with the community that is constantly updating it.

Traffic can be forgotten right now and Aerosoft's is a joke.

When installing Alpha India Group (AIG), the FPS go into the basement

Even with the live weather, it's still one thing.

I think FSLABS is definitely working on it, but they want to offer quality and that takes time.

maybe prepar3d is planning something great and we don't know yet.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
Andre Da S Marinho

I think that MSFS needs some improvements but P3D needs even more. Please open P3D without the thousands USD combined addons and you will see what I mean. If P3D doesn't come with something new so they will be what it's meant to be : a professional basic training platform or a second legacy one like FS9 with its old school devoted simmers.

If this new Airbus delivers as promised I will definitely adopt it as I am a costumer rather than a worshiper of the current one.

Maybe one day  if another nice addon developer comes into the new platform I will buy some then. 

No more visiting the announcements page. 

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel de gonzalo

I'm pretty happy with P3d v5.3 right now , max settings 45 fps no matter what..... They improve the graphics so much , atmosphere etc etc , If  they keep going in this way I won't move to msfs , and who knows P3d V6 can give us a very good surprise ,  if you read the forum from msfs all I can read is weather server down , CTDs etc etc so unstable , and P3d it's very stable nowadays , hope it keeps improving.

Cheers 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
John Brosnan
11 hours ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

I'm pretty happy with P3d v5.3 right now , max settings 45 fps no matter what..... They improve the graphics so much , atmosphere etc etc , If  they keep going in this way I won't move to msfs , and who knows P3d V6 can give us a very good surprise ,  if you read the forum from msfs all I can read is weather server down , CTDs etc etc so unstable , and P3d it's very stable nowadays , hope it keeps improving.

Cheers 

Same here!! Agree 100%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Cheers 

+1

• Like 2

+1

Remember MS FSX.I remember, after i spent £'s and £'s on add-0ns.

Thank you Dovetail Games.

MSFS?

No thanks!

Holger Teutsch

Each 2 month I dedust my MSFS installation for a short test flight and usually close it again after 20 minutes. The weather does not look right, eternal summer only, distorted buildings, green roads ... . When I want a realistic outside look (summer only) I use my X Plane with Orthophotos / X-Europe. THAT looks real.

For the foreseeable future p3d will stay my main sim as it is the richest environment by far.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Holger Teutsch said:

Each 2 month I dedust my MSFS installation for a short test flight and usually close it again after 20 minutes. The weather does not look right, eternal summer only, distorted buildings, green roads ... . When I want a realistic outside look (summer only) I use my X Plane with Orthophotos / X-Europe. THAT looks real.

For the foreseeable future p3d will stay my main sim as it is the richest environment by far.

Similar experience here. Plus, flying at FL390 the scenery doesn’t look that different in MSFS than in P3D imo. I do like a realistic look in my sim, sure… but I enjoy having a realistic systems simulation and aircraft behaviour so much more. And for that, MSFS isn‘t the right sim (yet). 

Pascal Wagner
On 1/3/2022 at 12:20 PM, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Cheers 

There will be no V6 anymore. Dont want to destroy all your hopes, but i can not believe in another story. Aerosoft stated, that sales on P3D side dropped drastically. We need to be honest to our selves, that MSFS will be the future sim. Asobo is pretty busy behind the scenes. Yes they mess here and there something up, but it will be a super sim soon. So far its an VFR sim. But a very good one with some stupid things like trees on some runway thresholds. Lol. Talking flight physics from a 152 or 172 is super nice (I know it cause i fly Cessna). And its my personal feeling. And yes it feels good. And guys be honest enough to the graphics. There is nothing coming close. Even with all addons for P3d like Orbx, Hifi, Accufeel, Rexsimulations etc etc. the graphics are not even coming close to MSFS. 

You discussed the camera settings for MSFS. Asobo considers to reinstate the old camera system from FSX. At least this is pushed through their Forum and counts a lot of votes. (Mine included). All the 3rd party developers are sitting in meetings over meetings, if its really worth to invest into this platform anymore. If Lefteris would say. Hey folks we bring any plane for P3D in near future, he would be dumb to it right now. I tell ya something. If PMDG or Fenix will have a proper working plane, the time for P3D is counted. Trust me. If i would be FSL i d develop for MSFS now. But i wouldnt say a word about it officially.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Andrew Wilson

There is no sarcasm in my reply Stu - I generally find it interesting to read everyone's thoughts on this topic. 

That said, I believe this thread has served its purpose and run its course. 

Thanks everyone.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Andrew Wilson locked this topic