A320 A319 A321 cost indexes

Nick Farrington

Nick Farrington

Hello I would like to make this topic for anyone to put airline cost indexes. I would like to credit Jakub Lukaszewski who told me the cost index Wizz air use now. I will start below cost index I know. Could people please comment cost index’s for airbus airlines below as this topic would be really handy for other fslabs users

Stu Antonio

Cost indexes on many airlines can also be dynamic. I have a dozen of real OFPs of a big EU carrier here where the CI varies withe every route. What goes into determining those by dispatch/flight planning might be quite complicated… but I have no idea how.

• Like 1
Dave Woycek
On 7/10/2021 at 2:01 AM, Nick Farrington said:

Wizz Air A320 CI6 A321 CI7 Easy Jet CI4 Vueling CI20 

CI6 and CI7 - wow. do they even move? :P

• Haha 1
Jeffry Babb

I believe Stu's observation is relevant: it seems it is something dispatch does.  Wouldn't operational matters of the day (weather, costs, network issues, etc.) shape CI rather than using a set value?

• Like 1
Dave Woycek
10 minutes ago, Jeffry Babb said:

I believe Stu's observation is relevant: it seems it is something dispatch does.  Wouldn't operational matters of the day (weather, costs, network issues, etc.) shape CI rather than using a set value?

As already discussed elsewhere, it varies from airline to airline and often within the airlines themselves.

Some use a CI that is very rarely adjusted, some calculate individual CIs for every flight, taking into account the very factors you mentioned. With an ever deteriorating economic environment for the airlines, most dispatch offices will have run the numbers very tightly, which makes it reasonable to assume that the simmer communities' eternal quest for fixed "airline CI values" may not be concluded successfully.

• Like 1
Nick Farrington
4 hours ago, Dave Woycek said:

As already discussed elsewhere, it varies from airline to airline and often within the airlines themselves.

Some use a CI that is very rarely adjusted, some calculate individual CIs for every flight, taking into account the very factors you mentioned. With an ever deteriorating economic environment for the airlines, most dispatch offices will have run the numbers very tightly, which makes it reasonable to assume that the simmer communities' eternal quest for fixed "airline CI values" may not be concluded successfully.

I know that I made this post for people to post airline cost index that use a fixed CI not a flexible ci as I am aware some airlines do that.

António Abreu
On 7/14/2021 at 11:17 AM, Dave Woycek said:

CI6 and CI7 - wow. do they even move? :P

They target CI0 (zero) but there's a suspicion passengers wouln't like to deboard at exacty the same spot as they boarded ... ;)

10 hours ago, Kamenko Gnjatovic said:

I don´t know how actual these values are

It says latest revision is September 2019, so be aware that they might be outdated values (or defunct airlines) in some cases (COVID changed quite some things for many airlines). Still, a nice database that would be worth updating...