P3D v5.2 HF1 - Issues?

Will Thomas

Will Thomas

Hello, all:

Are there any issues with upgrading to the HF1 for v5.2? There is a freezing issue that is supposed to be fixed by HF1 but they also tell you some addons may need to be updated to work with the HF. I am hoping someone at FSLabs can tell us whether or not the current aircraft will workwith the update?

Chris Frasure
42 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

No liveries remain intact.

I think you need a comma Koen.  LOL.  This make it sound like all liveries go away. J/K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Sabine Meier
8 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

I think you need a comma Koen.  LOL.  This make it sound like all liveries go away. J/K

correct. fast typing and not paid attention to grammer

• Haha 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Chris Frasure said:

Reminds me of the importance of the humble comma. 

I helped my uncle Jack, off a horse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
Will Thomas

Thanks, Koen.

I thought that was the case. I went ahead and updated all aircraft and of course they are still there. FSLabs is awesome!

Chris Frasure
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

correct. fast typing and not paid attention to grammer

you do realize i was joking around, correct?  I am not the grammar police

Enrique Perez

Hi everybody,

Im still facing black screens on the start up menu  after releasing P3D V5.2 H.F.1

I uninstalled the Client I came back to Client 5.1.12.26829...and let see....its a disaster this new relase...pleae any help its more than wellcome

Thanks

Chris Frasure
3 minutes ago, Enrique Perez said:

Hi everybody,

Im still facing black screens on the start up menu  after releasing P3D V5.2 H.F.1

I uninstalled the Client I came back to Client 5.1.12.26829...and let see....its a disaster this new relase...pleae any help its more than wellcome

Thanks

I'm assuming you did update the A320WTF, A321WTF, A320SL and A321SL?

Enrique Perez

Thanks Chris for your prompt response, 

I did only update for A320WTF, I dont have Sharklets yet and I was thinking to postpone the update of the A321

Is this afffecting  P3D??

Chris Frasure
3 minutes ago, Will Thomas said:

What is “WTF” Airbus? Is that a new model?

"Wing Tip Fence."  Original model wing.

6 minutes ago, Enrique Perez said:

Thanks Chris for your prompt response, 

I did only update for A320WTF, I dont have Sharklets yet and I was thinking to postpone the update of the A321

Is this afffecting  P3D??

No you don't need them all.  I was just making sure you did, in fact update the plane you have.  Did you check the version number vs the old to make sure you did download and update correctly?

Enrique Perez

Yes, actually, the problem of the blackscreen happens even before installing the A320 FSL, in default scenery,no AS, only ORBX installed

P3D V5.2 H.F 1-Black screen start up menu.jpg

Ray Proudfoot
48 minutes ago, Will Thomas said:

What is “WTF” Airbus? Is that a new model?

It’s the variation for passengers who thought they were flying on a Boeing. :D

• Haha 7
R3N3 SCH1SCHKA

Delete the ShadersHLSL folder in the P3D main directory.

Then run the repair function of the P3D client or reinstall the client.

Start the P3D and the problem should be solved.

You are using incompatible shaders from an old version. 

Do not reinstall shaders for testing ! Please use the original ones from the P3D.

By the way, I'm not sure if your mobile graphics card is even ready for the sim and the FSL addon, or meets the minimum requirements.

GTX950m really is not a good option.

Enrique Perez

Thanks Rene,

Ill give it a try

Yes, I am aware of my GPU limitations, but it was handeling perfect upto 5.1 

Ill let you know, thanks again

Enrique Perez

Good morning,

I gave up, I have tried everything, delte shadersHLSL, delete cfg, delete scenery, install and uninstall 10 times the Client.

I regret fom the day I installed P3D V.5.2(including HF1), my sim is gone, no way to get rid of the black screens as you can see.

Desperately seeking for help or magical solutions.

Thanks

DARK CP 2.jpg

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
51 minutes ago, Enrique Perez said:

Good morning,

I gave up, I have tried everything, delte shadersHLSL, delete cfg, delete scenery, install and uninstall 10 times the Client.

I regret fom the day I installed P3D V.5.2(including HF1), my sim is gone, no way to get rid of the black screens as you can see.

Desperately seeking for help or magical solutions.

Thanks

DARK CP 2.jpg

Did you also delete the volumetricclouds.cfg file before installation?
It is in the instructions of prepar3D for the HF

Will Thomas

Sorry you’re having this issue. I know it may be a bit pricey but you really should consider upgrading your GPU. I am fortunate enough to have found a nVidia 3060 at a decent price but currently I’m using a 1070 which produces decent results but is becoming outdated and obsolete due to the improvements with the simulators. 

I’ve been using P3D v4 for quite a while and recently switched to v5: what a huge improvement with HF1. I’ve completely removed v4. But as the simulator platform continues to evolve hardware updates are eventually needed and while I understand each of us have financial limitations at some point we bite the bullet and upgrade. I hope you might be able to find a better video card that is close to your price range.

I’ve had my moments when I wanted to just throw my PC in the trash can and walk away. I don’t recommend trashing your PC but maybe take a break and think about some options. For example, if you’re unable to do any hardware upgrades then stick to the older version. And it sounds like you may want to consider installing v4 if v5 is causing such difficulty for you. You could always switch to v5 possibly after you’re able to upgrade some of your hardware.

One last thought: have you posted this issue in the P3D forums?

I hope you are not offended by anything I’ve said: if so my deepest apologies. The hobby should be fun and enjoyable. 

• Like 3
John Barnes
33 minutes ago, Will Thomas said:

Sorry you’re having this issue. I know it may be a bit pricey but you really should consider upgrading your GPU. I am fortunate enough to have found a nVidia 3060 at a decent price but currently I’m using a 1070 which produces decent results but is becoming outdated and obsolete due to the improvements with the simulators. 

I’ve been using P3D v4 for quite a while and recently switched to v5: what a huge improvement with HF1. I’ve completely removed v4. But as the simulator platform continues to evolve hardware updates are eventually needed and while I understand each of us have financial limitations at some point we bite the bullet and upgrade. I hope you might be able to find a better video card that is close to your price range.

I’ve had my moments when I wanted to just throw my PC in the trash can and walk away. I don’t recommend trashing your PC but maybe take a break and think about some options. For example, if you’re unable to do any hardware upgrades then stick to the older version. And it sounds like you may want to consider installing v4 if v5 is causing such difficulty for you. You could always switch to v5 possibly after you’re able to upgrade some of your hardware.

One last thought: have you posted this issue in the P3D forums?

I hope you are not offended by anything I’ve said: if so my deepest apologies. The hobby should be fun and enjoyable. 

A very well thought out post. Well done. If i was the recipient, i would not be insulted at all.

António Abreu
On 7/2/2021 at 9:23 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wouldn't explain it any better! :D

• Like 1
Will Thomas
On 7/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Definitely made me chuckle.

• Like 1
Enrique Perez

Thanks Will for your comment, I really appreciate your words and fully understand that at the end of the day, its a matter of money, however my doubt is if MSFS2020 is requesting same level of hardware or not, because I think that P3D is stucked as FSX was 6 years ago,thinking in a long term investment sim requeriments.

To be honest, the only reason is making me not to jump to another PC and MSFS 2020 is the amazing A32X, once it will be properly developed in that sim, end of P3D, its fully clear for me, and P3D is not paying attention to the warnings from thousands of flight simulation simmers that we really take seriously our hobby.

I did post it on P3D forum, but without miracle solutions till now.

Regards

Enrique

Will Thomas

I purchased P3D starting with ver 5.2 but after updating to HF1 I gained better performance and it fixed the issues I had. So in short I would say yes. 

Rado Sutto

With 5.2HF and same settings as in 4.5HF3 I have better performance, sim runs smooth even on only 6GB GTX1060. I use EA and legacy 2D clouds.

klaus legrand
16 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Is it worth updating from P3Dv5.1HF1 to P3Dv5.2HF1?

Yes...my opinion. V5 handles dynalic lights and HDR much better. It's a different beast. I still have v4 installed but haven't fired it since January when i switched to v5.

• Thanks 1