How do you like the current Lufthansa Livery?

Daniel Reber

How do you Like the current Lufthansa Livery?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Hey guys, I´m really curious if I´m the only one with my opinion about the new Lufthansa livery now that we´ve had it around for over three years.

• The livery is just great and well done (after few adjustments having been made).
    • Good livery but Lufthansa could´ve done way better.
    • The livery is just alright, not good, not bad, something in between.
    • The livery is done badly and there is loads of things you could improve on it.
    • The livery is one of the worst ever seen in the last few decades, developed without really thinking about what they were changing.

This poll is closed to new votes

Robert Sutherland

I think it could have had more yellow on it. The way it looks now is missing that key part of the airline's identity and heritage in my opinion. 

• Like 2
Michael Göbel
3 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I think it could have had more yellow on it. The way it looks now is missing that key part of the airline's identity and heritage in my opinion. 

Exactly, missing the yellow in their livery.

• Like 2
Norman Blackburn

This is a discussion forum for the A320 family.  I‘ve closed the poll part and moved the discussion part for you.  

Tom van der Elst

I like it a lot, very German.

Clean, sharp, no-nonsense and very much grundlich.

It does what it has to do, it tells you "this plane is operated by Germans

so it flies on time, is always clean and everybody on board is gemutlich, and due

to grundlichkeit it will never ever have a tech issue".

If it's about Eurowhite liveries I think Lufthansa wins, they're way ahead of what comes second.

• Like 3
Rafal Haczek
28 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

I like it a lot, very German.
Clean, sharp, no-nonsense and very much grundlich.

I very much agree.

Even though the now-classic LH livery was always symbolic to me, I quite quickly liked the new one (maybe not the next day but, say, after a few weeks). Currently I find myself always chossing the NC when flying FSLabs buses. Not my ideal of a livery, but I guess this question is not about ideals. Tom has hit the nail on the head writing there is much more behind a livery than just the graphics design.

I really like simplicity in design and form. For the same reason I enjoy Finnair's livery or airBaltic's for example.

I am aware there is some kind of 'euro-white' (what a silly name by the way) hate, probably created on the other side of the Atlantic, where people enjoy flying parrots like Southwest with its special liveries, SunCountry, Spirit and the likes. I obviously don't mind but, personally, I have always thought the white colour's fuselage dominant (or light grey or silver) is classy and looks great on a plane. Especially against the deep blue skies.

All in all, we are talking about tastes, which somehow alsways seems to be a slippery topic.

• Like 3
Tom van der Elst
6 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

Tom has hit the nail on the head writing there is much more behind a livery than just the graphics design.

Thank you.

I am not an expert but what most people tend to forget when dealing with liveries

is that multibilliondollar airlines rarely throw money away on something very visible like the livery of their company.

It usually takes years to roll out a new corporate identity and it is not taken lightly.

• Like 1
Artur Araripe

I like it. To be very honest, it took a while until I got used to the new design. A good while. It's like your wife suddenly deciding to dye her hair pink and add piercings. Strange at first but at some point you just roll with it. I still prefer the classic over the new one, but it's not ugly by any means. And, as "simple" as it may be, it's quite unique and very easy to identify as a Lufthansa plane, just like the old one. That's the whole point of a livery design. Being easy to identify, so that you can look up, spot a plane at 35000ft and say "hey son, that's  a Lufthansa A320, with sharklets and CFM engines" ;) 

Looks better on sharklets though. The WTF one looks like a 58 year old wearing teenager clothes. 

• Haha 1