A little question

Peng Jia

Peng Jia

Hi:

I see alot of MI(HP valve MI) in the concorde manual , I don't know how to translate it, can someone tell me the full english name of MI?

Fraser Gale
13 hours ago, Peng Jia said:

Hi:

I see alot of MI(HP valve MI) in the concorde manual , I don't know how to translate it, can someone tell me the full english name of MI?

Magnetic indicator - small indicator usually used to show the state of a valve or connector where it can only have two or three states - on/off or open/transit/shut.  

Peng Jia
3 hours ago, Fraser Gale said:

Magnetic indicator - small indicator usually used to show the state of a valve or connector where it can only have two or three states - on/off or open/transit/shut.  

I am useing local language to make a video tutorial ,so I hope that the  translation is  as accurate as possible ,thank you for your help.

Fraser Gale
8 hours ago, Peng Jia said:

I am useing local language to make a video tutorial ,so I hope that the  translation is  as accurate as possible ,thank you for your help.

Well in English it is definitely a magnetic indicator but whether your local language has an equivalent I can't help you with.  Magnetic as in compass then something that shows something...?  No idea - good luck with it.  

Steve Prowse

Well I always thought that MI means Mimic indicator.  Years ago we used switching mimic boards, so we could easily see what switch was on off or earthed, etc, or what transformer was online…those days….anyway thanks Fraz for putting me right too.

steve

Fraser Gale

In some ways “mode indicator” would be a more accurate description but back in the 60’s when being designed the terminology was quite different and things tended to be named after what they were rather than what they did or showed it seems.  Just like the shut down handles were called such rather than the fire handles...although it is also because they could be used to shut down the engines without any adverse effects.