Loading saved scenario always has 1500z time

Stu Antonio

Stu Antonio

I have a strange P3D general problem:
Since 5.2, when I load a previously saved situation (which had a certain time and date of course), it will always load that scenario with a wrong time/date. 
Regardless of what I saved and what's then shown on the scenario screen after opening that saved file, it will always load April 14th 2020, 1500 zulu. 

This is especially annoying since relaoding an autosave file after a crash will totally mess up the whole timing and weather. 

It wasn't a problem before, so maybe I'm missing something here? 

I'd me thankful for any advise.
Stu

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Since 5.2, when I load a previously saved situation

Hi Stu,

Just making sure that this is not with one of our aircraft.  As you may recall, we don't support the loading of flights from older versions.

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Stu,

Just making sure that this is not with one of our aircraft.  As you may recall, we don't support the loading of flights from older versions.

Hi Norman,

no, this is not related to older situations, it happens as of today and across all aircraft. 
Meanwhile, I was able to narrow it down to the "zulu" checkbox. When I just uncheck that, the time is loaded correctly, but there's still an hour of discrepancy because of the whole timezone-mess within P3D. I had it figured out in 5.1 with the help of TimeZoneFixer but I guess something is now even more messed up in 5.2.

Will continue fighting :D

Stu Antonio

Okay, so there seems to be a bug with the zulu function. 

Loading any flight while keeping the zulu box checked will result in a scenario with the (standard I guess?) 04/14/2021 1500z date/time.

Stu Antonio

After multiple tests and combinations in order to find a reproducible pattern and cross off probable causes, the problem decided it had it's fun and just returned to a working state again without any obvious reason. Suddenly, everything is working again.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only thing I can think of is that the TimeZoneFixer messed up something. Uninstalling it didn't do the trick at first but somehow it's now working so I'll keep that away for now. 

Cheers

• Like 1
Holger Teutsch

The p3d installation has put back it's own timezone.bgl in scenary/BASE/scenery. Once I disabled that it seems to work better now with time zone fixer.

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

Once I disabled that it seems to work better now with time zone fixer

That is actually what you're suppose to do according to TZF's installation guide :) .. But is this still necessary though? Shouldn't LM have fixed that whole timezone-thing by now? I mean the Time Zone Fixer has been around for a couple of years now... 

It's still a mess imo. But I just figured that un-checking the UTX checkbox before loading a saved flight/situation will do it correctly.