Has anyone seen this line?

Luke Hall

Hello everybody,

I am often seeing a portion of my outside display with a dark transparent band accross it. It looks like a solid transparent dark overlay that moves and changes position as I pan the view around. It's most noticable from an outside view such as the spot view but it frequently comes into view from the cockpit too.

The pictures show it happening at Flightbeam's KSFO but It happens everywhere else too. I have highlighted the boundary between the dark and normal areas.

For information, I am using P3D V5.2, ASP3D V7829, Chaseplane. The sim is set to EA on using no vol clouds and Rex Skyforce. Everything else is either stock or at default setting, as far as I think. 

Overall, the annomaly appears on the ground but it is sometimes visible when airborne, particularly with a mountainous backdrop, such as the area around LOWI. Sometimes it's very obvious and imposing, sometimes it's barely visible depending on lighting conditions. In all cases though, it's very annoying!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Luke

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Luca Cem Tietz

It's definitely one of the most annoying problems in P3D v5 for me (with every aircraft), its triggered by Active Sky and generated cloud layers. When you see this line, you can just close Active Sky and the line dissappears, also didn't see it with default weather themes yet. When I am in the VC it's always direct in front of my view and it's moving with the aircraft/view. It's also affected by ChasePlane's zoom features..

7 hours ago, Luca Cem Tietz said:

It's definitely one of the most annoying problems in P3D v5 for me (with every aircraft), its triggered by Active Sky and generated cloud layers. When you see this line, you can just close Active Sky and the line dissappears, also didn't see it with default weather themes yet. When I am in the VC it's always direct in front of my view and it's moving with the aircraft/view. It's also affected by ChasePlane's zoom features..

Hi Luca,

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't realised that this was being caused by AS. I'll see what they have to say.

Luke