[Resolved] Thrustmaster Flight Control Panel Properties

Joseph Saliba

Joseph Saliba

I have received the TCA Quadrant two days ago and still have not managed to get this working with the A320 as the throttles randomly jumps from max rev to full thrust.

I have calibrated the Quadrant but I have noticed that in the Thrustmaster Flight Control Panel Properties the following happens:-

a)   the throttle on the X axis moves smoothly from bottom to three quarters up than jumps to full.

b)   the throttle on the Y axis with a slight movement jumps from bottom to full.

I have tried uninstall all and commenced from beginning but this behaviour is still there.

Would this be a software problem or a problem with the Quadrant.

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Saliba

Tom van der Elst

Hello Joseph,

have you tried the tips in the below topic?

Joseph Saliba

Thanks for your suggestion.

The problem is that the throttles are not behaving in a way that let you adjust detents.

Joseph Saliba
6 hours ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Hello Joseph,

have you tried the tips in the below topic?

Thanks Tom,

I followed all that but no joy.

regards,

Joseph

Tom van der Elst

Reading this I can only presume something went wrong during the driver installation.

Have you installed the latest drivers?

And how is your throttle connected to the pc?

Tom.

Joseph Saliba

Hello Tom,

I have uninstalled the drivers a number of times and each time I have downloaded the driver.

The throttle is connected to PC direct to a USB 2 port (although I even tried in USB 3 Port).

Thanks for your interest in my problem.

Joseph

John Armstrong

Im having issues too just got it,it was working and now its not working at all the quadrant or the joystick,i followed the post above and everything and i cant get any action

Marvin Toepfer

I have had this as well. I don’t know how I solved it at the end - just tried it numerous times in the win control panel. 

Mark M Balagtas
On 6/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, John Armstrong said:

Im having issues too just got it,it was working and now its not working at all the quadrant or the joystick,i followed the post above and everything and i cant get any action

just follow step by step as instructed by thrustmaster. They actually recommended a factory reset to default. I did everything as instructed and i got everything to work from my detent to master switches and selknob. BTW, don't forget to restart computer after every major step eg after you uninstall, reboot computer. After you install, reboot computer, etc... it is a pain but worth it. 

good luck

Mark M Balagtas
On 6/18/2021 at 1:58 PM, Joseph Saliba said:

Thanks Tom,

I followed all that but no joy.

regards,

Joseph

First, make sure when you do the following procedure, make sure the device is connected to a 2.0 USB port, not a 3.0 USB port

Do not use any hubs, extensions or adapters. Make sure you Windows PC is up to date.

Please try the following factory reset procedure below:

1. First, please disconnect your Quadrant from the PC
2. Next, uninstall all Thrustmaster Drivers
3. Then reconnect the Quadrant
4. Then go to the game control panel by typing joy.cpl in your start search.
5. Click on properties, then go to the Settings Tab and click on Reset to default(see pdf)
6. Disconnect the Quadrant
7. Download and install the Thrustmaster Drivers and update the firmware following the instructions below.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/

8. Test your unit in the Game control panel.

have you done these steps? this is a factory reset...it should fix all issues like it did mine

Joseph Saliba

Hello Mark,

I thank you and others who have taken time to find a solution to my problem.

What you are suggesting have been repeated a number of times. I have tried to get support from Thrustmaster and followed all their recommendations and again with disappointing results. 

As it seems that no further ways to find a solution were forthcoming, I had no choice but to send it back and ask for a replacement.

While waiting for the new Quadrant to arrive, I will carry out the P3Dv5 and FSLabs updates.

l already have Thrustmaster TA320 Pilot so I will be answering "Yes"  when  the FSLabs Input Device Configuration pops up during installation.

But just to ensure I will restart on the right track, I have a couple of questions which I kindly ask you to help me with. 

In the P3D Options/Controls/Other Controls  page:

a) Do you use Direct Input or Raw ?

b) Do you have "Enable Controllers" ticked ?

The problem is that when I tick "Enable Controllers" I would not be able to adjust the horizontal trim

Thanks in advance

regardss

Joseph

John Ruisch

Joseph, I had the same problem for ages and tried everything but the only thing that solved it for me was, sadley enough, a clean install of Windows. From there it was no problem to install/tweak and I use it ever since. I hope you find something else that works because it's pain to do what I had to do.

John Armstrong
10 hours ago, Mark M Balagtas said:

First, make sure when you do the following procedure, make sure the device is connected to a 2.0 USB port, not a 3.0 USB port

Do not use any hubs, extensions or adapters. Make sure you Windows PC is up to date.

Please try the following factory reset procedure below:

1. First, please disconnect your Quadrant from the PC
2. Next, uninstall all Thrustmaster Drivers
3. Then reconnect the Quadrant
4. Then go to the game control panel by typing joy.cpl in your start search.
5. Click on properties, then go to the Settings Tab and click on Reset to default(see pdf)
6. Disconnect the Quadrant
7. Download and install the Thrustmaster Drivers and update the firmware following the instructions below.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/

8. Test your unit in the Game control panel.

have you done these steps? this is a factory reset...it should fix all issues like it did mine

How do you do the factory reset?I noticed when I do raw input it works perfectly,but when I open the sim next time and select yes or no it doesn't work at all still

Joseph Saliba

I now have the throttles responding properly after following Mark Balagtas procedure.

Thanks Mark

Joseph

• Norman Blackburn changed the title to [Resolved] Thrustmaster Flight Control Panel Properties
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic