Too soon for P3D V5.2?

Isidoro Attie

Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, Isidoro Attie said:

Im guessing we need an update for FSLABS, correct?  Still not supporting P3D V5.2....

Thats correct @Isidoro Attie.  5.2 has only been out a few hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0
29 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Thats correct @Isidoro Attie.  5.2 has only been out a few hours.

Surely FSL has access to the beta of new/upcoming P3D Versions.. Some of the add-ons already have updates out minutes after 5.2 release.

I hope FSL is updated soon as I cannot be away from my airbus for too long :D

• Like 2
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0 said:

Surely FSL has access to the beta of new/upcoming P3D Versions.. Some of the add-ons already have updates out minutes after 5.2 release.

I hope FSL is updated soon as I cannot be away from my airbus for too long :D

There can be changes between beta versions and released ones which could break the addon. It isn’t as easy as you may think. The smallest change can have tremendous impact.

Markus Burkhard

We are of course delighted to see that you guys can't be without our aircraft :) But may I suggest that in such cases, you consider waiting with updating P3D to version 5.2 . After all there is no new feature present that would justify to update instantly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Danny Moore

I think the thing I look forward to is the "Converted the Menu Bar, Context Menu, VR Menu, and Information Text (InfoGen) to HTML5". I hope this fixes the green text box that causes stutters in P3Dv5. 

Steven Silva

I take the opportunity to ask something. I mean, should I uninstall the client, scenery, content? or what should i do i'm confused

Jim Blake

@Steven Silva - I always uninstall all 3, then install the new client, scenery, and content.  That way, everything is "up to date" all together.  But again, keep in mind that THE Airbuses are not yet 5.2 ready!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Norman Blackburn
4 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

I take the opportunity to ask something. I mean, should I uninstall the client, scenery, content? or what should i do i'm confused

I did a full install however that wasn't needed.

• Thanks 1
phil highton

i would normally update all 3 , but this time maybe trying client and content only and seeing how that goes ?

Khoa Nguyen

I think, it is always better to run DeleteGeneratedFiles and then reinstall Client + Content + Scenery after each P3D update, you wont need to add manually anything after, cuz they will be added automatically (addon.xml) except if you have some photoreal scenery. for orbx, just run Sync Simulator in Orbx central and thats all.

phil highton

that's true Andrew , but i seem to have spent a chunk  of my life re installing p3d related stuff lol

Norio Sasaki

When a new version of P3D is released, the FSL team should email all buyers to wait for the FSL add-on update.:D

Koen Meier
12 minutes ago, Norio Sasaki said:

When a new version of P3D is released, the FSL team should email all buyers to wait for the FSL add-on update.:D

Or you can just use common sense. But I guess not ever Has that these days.

• Like 4
Camille MOUCHEL
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I did a full install however that wasn't needed.

Full reisntall = need to install again my 100+ scenry add on ?

Koen Meier
13 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

If you set it up correctly only the sim as the rest is managed through addon.xml system.

Norman Blackburn
14 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Mine are all back in place and thats somewhere close to 500 entries.   Backing up is always a must.  

• Like 2
Camille MOUCHEL
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Mine are all back in place and thats somewhere close to 500 entries.   Backing up is always a must.  

So i just need to back up my addon.xml and then put it back in after the installation ?

besides do I need to uninstall first 3DV5 or i can straight away du a full reinstall and it will automatically overwrite the files ?

Norman Blackburn

You should backup at minimum:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\

• add-ons.cfg
  • scenery.cfg
  • scenery_add-ons.xml

%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\

• add-ons.cfg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Pascal Wagner

So my smell was two weeks wrong. But i m glad its out now. 

First impressions on social media look promising. 

Ross McDonagh
13 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

We are of course delighted to see that you guys can't be without our aircraft :) But may I suggest that in such cases, you consider waiting with updating P3D to version 5.2 . After all there is no new feature present that would justify to update instantly.

Unless they really got that VRAM down…

Jeremy Smirnov
2 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Unless they really got that VRAM down…

Which they did... Absolutely great optimization on VRAM in 5.2... I just flew the PMDG 737 with all Orbx stuff and most settings up pretty high and it stayed below 3 GB. 

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
7 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You should backup at minimum:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\

• add-ons.cfg
  • scenery.cfg
  • scenery_add-ons.xml

%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\

• add-ons.cfg

And this will enable me to install 5.2’s content and scenery too while keeping my add on airports?

Maxime Guy
19 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

And this will enable me to install 5.2’s content and scenery too while keeping my add on airports?

In that case do we need to delete client and scenery before running the new installers ?

Norman Blackburn
24 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

All of my airports are installed outside of P3D.  All of them.  In my case yes it worked.  

• Like 1
Camille MOUCHEL
All of my airports are installed outside of P3D.  All of them.  In my case yes it worked.  

Mine is in a custom folder inside P3DV5 root folder

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I’ve heard about those “xml-methods” but never quite understood how to do it, it looks like there’s some xml hacking involved etc. And I’m not sure what installing a scenery “outside of P3D” means, I usually just hit “setup” and let the installers do their thing, assuming it’s what the devs intended.....

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Most likely there will be effects, sound and scenery files put in all manner of places.

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

I’ve heard about those “xml-methods” but never quite understood how to do it, it looks like there’s some xml hacking involved etc. And I’m not sure what installing a scenery “outside of P3D” means, I usually just hit “setup” and let the installers do their thing, assuming it’s what the devs intended.....

No hacking at all, and indeed the xml method is used by many developers.  The SDK has a whole section on it's use and features.

Camille MOUCHEL
Most likely there will be effects, sound and scenery files put in all manner of places.

What ? I thought it was supposed to be in the installed folder lmao…

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

What ? I thought it was supposed to be in the installed folder lmao…

Having installed hundreds of sceneries I see installers placing files everywhere - even ones that let you choose your own folder.

Camille MOUCHEL

Yes but if I have a scenery and effect folder, you a cut them and paste it in the scenery and effect folder in the root folder of p3d?

Norman Blackburn
3 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Yes but if I have a scenery and effect folder, you a cut them and paste it in the scenery and effect folder in the root folder of p3d?

You could but thenwhat else did it install?  Update anything in your main scenery folder?  There are some who also add textures to P3D's texture folder!
What about SODE?  %appdata%?

Isidoro Attie
17 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Same drive?  Or do you have them in a different drive?

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Isidoro Attie said:

Same drive?  Or do you have them in a different drive?

I have Landclass and TrueEarth on one drive along with smaller, regional airports and then most other scenery on another.  Windows and P3D are then on their own drives.

Stu Antonio

Some of my airports are in a SimMarket or EcoSystem folder within the P3D main folder, others installed themselves into the documents\P3D add one folder or have their own folders/locations etc..... I always found this confusing, strange an chaotic. 

I once tried to install them all in one main location but some sceneries either don’t allow for a different folder or didn’t work properly if I forced installation elsewhere. So I tend to keep everything default upon installation. I will find out what of those many different times installations will show up in 5.2 :) 

Parker Freeman
45 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

No hacking at all, and indeed the xml method is used by many developers.  The SDK has a whole section on it's use and features.

Norman.  Where is the SDK section you speak of.  I can't find it

David Norfolk
12 minutes ago, Pablo Prada said:

Should we install 5.2? FsLabs is working under 5.2?

FSL doesn't work in 5.2 as of yet 

• Like 1
Rafal Haczek
16 minutes ago, Pablo Prada said:

Should we install 5.2? FsLabs is working under 5.2?

Wait, wasn't it you just 12 hours earlier? :D

12 hours ago, Pablo Prada said:

Just take your time. 5.2 can wait. I don’t really care about 5.2.
(...) Making things to work perfect and real takes time and patience.
(...) No need to hurry please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6