Mtow wtf vs sl

Zhe Liu

Zhe Liu

Hey there,

As I was setting up new airframes for simbrief I noticed that the MTOW of the A320SL is 73500kg while that of the A320WTF is at 77000kg. So I was wondering if that is a intended difference. And if so, how does it come that a "newer generation" of 320s have a lower MTOW?

Thanks,

Zhe

Martin von Dombrowski

This only has something to do with landing fees. Since all the landing fees depend on the MTOW, some airlines register their planes with lower MTOW because they will rarely reach the structural MTOW in everyday ops. So if an airline uses the A320 mainly for short-haul cityhopping, they will likely have this lower MTOW.

Koen Meier
2 hours ago, Zhe Liu said:

Hey there,

As I was setting up new airframes for simbrief I noticed that the MTOW of the A320SL is 73500kg while that of the A320WTF is at 77000kg. So I was wondering if that is a intended difference. And if so, how does it come that a "newer generation" of 320s have a lower MTOW?

Thanks,

Zhe

There are many different weight variants approved by EASA to be used. Some are modification specific others are airline options to avoid higher charges,

Markus Burkhard
5 hours ago, Zhe Liu said:

Our default MTOW for the IAE variants is 73500kg, and for the CFM variants 77000kg. 

You may however set any MTOW you wish, up to 77000kg.