P3D v. 5.2 is out

Søren Rasmussen

William Widjaja

Actually i bought prepar3D 5 like one week ago and it come with 5.2 already.

my first plan is to buy FSLAB A320X

but since it is not supported I bought PMDG 

Feel free to skip 5.2 update. At most you miss my 150 bucks

Chris Frasure
On 6/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hi,

we have not run into any major issues, but as is usual after a P3D update release, we are giving our beta testers a few cycles before we release, just so we ensure we don't run into any snags.

No release dates are given, but I expect no long delays - if "bad" things are uncovered however, I will let you all know.

Thanks or this simple post L!  These are so much appreciated.  

CF

Marvin Toepfer
37 minutes ago, Ivan Majetic said:

Exactly, PBR ai planes are too shiny. That, and on screen text causing stutters. Other than that sim performs well.

The PBR AI Traffic looks nice here - not too shiny. (AIG) 

29FD2FAE-BF64-47AB-BE88-925BA5C753E9.png

F49C2255-8DE6-4F59-9BA3-9FEF3F448B45.png

• Like 1
Rado Sutto
4 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Well, you have to turn off "Amortize Clouds" option and it'll go away. And use your Volumetric Cloud in medium settings. High to Ultra eats up the frame quite a lot. 

I tested Amortized Clouds disabled, cloud change was abrupt - again useless.

Ivan Majetic
4 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

did you update everything?

I did, full reinstall. But then I had major performance issues, for whatever reason. Then I nuked my system. :)

Not too shiny? okay :)

2021-6-14_19-11-23-594.jpg

Vipan Nath

Hi,

Just need clarification, I download the FSLabs_A320X_P3D_v5.0.1.160 and installed on the P3D V5.2 last night. On loading the aircraft it says it's not compatible with this

version of P3D.

Pls advise.

Thanks

Vipan

Marc Stanford
45 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I wonder if the FSLabs update will be delayed as it appears Lockheed Martin is working on some fixes for 5.2. 

I hope not, the SATCOM issue needs to be resolved among other things.

Norman Blackburn
5 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I hope not, the SATCOM issue needs to be resolved among other things.

What SATCOM issue Marc?

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

What SATCOM issue Marc?

Maybe this one?

(but Andrew already stated that this is fixed an will be in the next update he thought will be released in the week of his post, but that apparently got delayed). 

Norman Blackburn
14 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Maybe this one?

Thanks Stu.  Without specifics we will not know.

Eric Fisher
6 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

What SATCOM issue Marc?

The SATCOM was not showing on the A321SL even though it was selected in the options menu. There were many posts on it after the SL was released. It was asserted by a team member,  I believe either Markus or Andrew that it was being looked at. I did not see this as a fix in the change log. Did this not get fixed?

Norman Blackburn
7 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

The SATCOM was not showing on the A321SL even though it was selected in the options menu.

Hi Eric,

Thanks.  My post was more that Marc simply said "the satcom issue" - and whilst that may indeed be the one he mentioned its impossible to know.  

Eric Fisher
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Eric,

Thanks.  My post was more that Marc simply said "the satcom issue" - and whilst that may indeed be the one he mentioned its impossible to know.  

Did the the SATCOM not showing issue on the A321SL get fixed? No mention in the change log.

@Markus Burkhard @Andrew Wilson

Norman Blackburn
57 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Did it get fixed, the SATCOM not showing issue?

Thats a couple of screenshots taken over the past days during testing.  Satcom showing as expected.

2021-6-12_17-10-44-998.jpg

2021-6-10_17-21-35-376.jpg

• Thanks 1
William Lutterodt

I probably missed this somewhere but is the fsl a320 update good for 5.1 as well? Do not want to rush to 5.2 just yet.

will lutterodt

Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, William Lutterodt said:

I probably missed this somewhere but is the fsl a320 update good for 5.1 as well? Do not want to rush to 5.2 just yet.

will lutterodt

Yes it works for 4.5 and up.

Eric Fisher
1 hour ago, Danny Moore said:

Looks like a 5.2HF is going to be released due to reported issues. Link

If they release this Thursday or Friday I have to jump on it right away, these black screens and menu issues are bad. Which means another weekend with no FSL as it will render .166 unusable. 

Lefteris Kalamaras
7 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

If they release this Thursday or Friday I have to jump on it right away, these black screens and menu issues are bad. Which means another weekend with no FSL as it will render .166 unusable. 

If that happens, we'll make sure we are quick in releasing the new A32X product versions, as the differences are likely not going to be in internal functionality - obviously, don't hang me if that's not the case, but I will alert if there are unforeseen issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Timm Rehberg

Today I have tested the CTRL+Z issue in 5.2 and got the same issue than for example @Matth1a5 Knu€tt€lreported to me.
While my P3D was frozen (greyed out) I waited for about 1-2min. and I moved my mouse (without clicking!) and in the same second the info was loaded and shown as expected. From this moment, ctrl+z was working.

Don´t click anything if its hanging to load.
Here is what to do to avoid it: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=242533#p242533

Trevor Hannant

I'll do what I normally do with new P3D releases - wait a month or so and assess the level of complaints at that time before downloading

• Like 2
Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, Trevor Hannant said:

I'll do what I normally do with new P3D releases - wait a month or so and assess the level of complaints at that time before downloading

I have not had any issue so far.

Atul Mishra

I don't know why but my PC restarted right away every time the sim crashed yesterday. It happened like 4 times in an hour. Has anyone encountered this as well? I'm not saying it's because of FSLabs but just wondering if someone faces the same here? I'm guessing of NVIDIA's drivers issues.. will check more tonight with various other settings. In general, the settings however I was on was around medium-high zone in all sliders with a GTX1080Ti with EA and legacy clouds.

Danny Moore

I’m going to wait for the Hot Fix to release. Shouldn’t be too long from the reports since it is a hot item for LM. Besides there are still a few programs I’m still waiting for to be updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aidan le Gras

Is anyone else who may be using VR having difficulty finding a moveable cursor when in VR on the 320? I can operate the other standard P3D aircraft but FS Labs 320 will no longer show me a cursor within VR even though I can see it on the pancake working normally. While in VR, I can’t see the flight deck on the conventional screen. 

Stephen Cooke

For GSX try switching the simconnect menu to scaleform as posted HERE

Until the HTML issue is resolved I have all other information text turned off.

António Abreu

Hey,

I updated FSLabs A32x over P3DV5.1 and only after that I migrated P3D to V5.2 (all 3 components by the book). Then updated FSUIPC, ActiveSky and FFTF Dynamic.

Didn't need to update any configurations and all addons remained ok (C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons).

Just successfully completed my first flight, TK1759 LTFM/LPPT with TC-JSO (A321), and all went quite fine in this hours flight with around 04:50 duration.

If you are facing issues, don't give up, there's hope!

Thank you all for keeping simulation alive!

Happy landings!

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
6 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

This workaround is only for the menu bar. The gsx menu is still broke even after applying this fix.

Can't confirm here. Fresh install of v5.2 and just did 5 flights the last days with different addons (AS A330, FSL A320-SL and PMDG 777) and first time opening GSX menu laggs but then works fine as usual. It shows just for a second the "Option 1,..2..).

Rafal Haczek
8 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

does it has better performance than P3D 5.1 ? 

I'd say it does, but don't expect miracles.
It seems to utilize less GPU (more CPU though).

Miguel de gonzalo
48 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

I'd say it does, but don't expect miracles.
It seems to utilize less GPU (more CPU though).

Well then I think it's better GPU than CPU for games....

Miguel de gonzalo
7 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

I have no idea. Honestly, I don't play any games.

Good for you , it's a simulator , but that code is based on how most games are made , that why is better the use for a GPU than a CPU , read a bit even you don't play games , cause it's related.

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Guys , does it has better performance than P3D 5.1 ? 

Maybe it can be mesaured, but if Oubask me it is nothing really noticable. If you‘re having performance issues in 5.1, upgrading to 5.2 won‘t solve them. Might solve other things, but it‘s no „performance miracle“…. 

Miguel de gonzalo
6 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Maybe it can be mesaured, but if Oubask me it is nothing really noticable. If you‘re having performance issues in 5.1, upgrading to 5.2 won‘t solve them. Might solve other things, but it‘s no „performance miracle“…. 

lol , just asking if there is any performance improvements ,ive got  AMD 9 3900 X  32GB RAM 3600 mhz rtx 2080 ti and we all now even we have the best nasa computers its not well optimize this sim.... thats why im asking if there is any performance imprrovement.

Michael Petersen
15 hours ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

lol , just asking if there is any performance improvements ,ive got  AMD 9 3900 X  32GB RAM 3600 mhz rtx 2080 ti and we all now even we have the best nasa computers its not well optimize this sim.... thats why im asking if there is any performance imprrovement.

Looking forward to my next build next year (still on a 4770K4,5, GTX1080Ti at 25HZ ) so i also is pretty "sensitive" to small "improvements" that sometimes also demands more from the PC.

Michael Moe

Rado Sutto

I installed 5.0 on customers's machine year ago and did not observed any performance benefit except much better startup time.

2 weeks ago, after upgrade on my machine from v4.5 to 5.1HF2 I observed significant performance benefit, after next upgrade to 5.2 performance is same, but with my poor 6GB GPU I can much more than in 5.1 and in 4.5 on the same hardware.

• Like 2