P3D v. 5.2 is out

Søren Rasmussen

Søren Rasmussen

As mentioned in the title 5.2 has been released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Blackburn

• Stu Antonio

• Danny Moore

• Koen Meier

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, we have not run into any major issues, but as is usual after a P3D update release, we are giving our beta testers a few cycles before we release, just so we ensure we don't run into any snags

We have a version in testing from last night.  Its a case of us needing to check things out.

Waiting for people posting why FSL won’t start after instantly jumping on 5.2 .....     

Posted Images

Stu Antonio

Waiting for people posting why FSL won’t start after instantly jumping on 5.2 ..... :D

• Haha 12
Søren Rasmussen
21 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

Or maybe there's something else he can't talk about?

Probably wanting to combine the EFB updates with 5.2 compatibility :rolleyes:

• Like 4
Peter Hastings
12 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Waiting for people posting why FSL won’t start after instantly jumping on 5.2 ..... :D

Yes - where are they?  5.2 has been out for a while now...

• Haha 4
Robert Ruprecht

Stu, I,ve downloaded the Client msi but waiting for a word from Fslabs, before installing. 

Edited by Robert Ruprecht
Spelling
Peter Hastings

Hi Robert

The word is 'don't'.

Don't install a P3D update until FSLabs release their A320-X updates that ensure compatibility (if you want uninterrupted FSL flying).

• Like 1
Robert Ruprecht

I won’t , it’s just nice to have it sitting in the downloads folder waiting. There will probably be a hot fix before I use it.

Thanks for your concern. 

Marc Stanford

I'm just hoping the dark cockpits bug has been fixed in 5.2

• Like 4
David Norfolk

They fixed the VRAM mangement but im terms of EA...forget it. Saying that though. you can use legacy clouds with EA

Stu Antonio

I‘m really looking forward to try EA with Rex 2D-Clouds (never liked the puffy TrueSky clouds).

But I will wait a couple of days to let the dust settle and see if another Hotfix will be needed (wouldn‘t be the first time).

In any case…. Not jumping on 5.2 before FSL is compatible.

• Like 4
Rafal Haczek
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Not kumping on 5.2 before FSL is compatible.

Amen! And I think exactly the same when it comes to MSFS.

• Like 2
Marc Stanford
11 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

They fixed the VRAM mangement but im terms of EA...forget it. Saying that though. you can use legacy clouds with EA

Does EA work?

Eric Fisher
10 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

but im terms of EA...forget it.

So I guess you've tried out 5.2 and make a qualified opinion on it?

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Eric Fisher said:

So I guess you've tried out 5.2 and make a qualified opinion on it?

These are some shots with it. Apart from the 777 which it uses EA HDR on with default clouds. The rest is EA with rex clouds HDR off. The peformance seems better but EA is still abit hit & miss 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
David Norfolk

Overall though, it seems more fixes than features. I'd update personally just because of the fixes but i'd wait for the FSL first 

Stu Antonio
11 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Overall though, it seems more fixes than features. I'd update personally just because of the fixes but i'd wait for the FSL first 

Lowering the chances of DXGI Errors would indeed be more than welcome.

When I mentioned constant VRam crashes with SimWings' EDDM in the Aerosoft forum, they said they expect this to be fixed with the release of 5.2.

We'll see.

• Like 1
Mark Wolpert
32 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I'm just hoping the dark cockpits bug has been fixed in 5.2

Apparently this is much improved.

Nuno M Pinto
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

There's lots more to fly other than the Airbus. Weird decisions but whatever, it's boeing season all over again.

• Like 1
Filip Nowak

P3D new update 5.2 -> done

ActiveSky update -> done

EZDok camera update -> not done

FSLabs A320 update -> not done

LOADING .... : Don't install new update :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Koen Meier
3 hours ago, Søren Rasmussen said:

As mentioned in the title 5.2 has been released.

And everyone goes mental,

• Haha 1
Rudy Fidao

Improved VRAM usage...

does that mean I might be safe moving with my FSL A320 with my 6GB 980ti in 4K???

• Haha 4
Miguel de gonzalo

Good morning team , is the fs labs compatible with the new version of P3D  5.2 .

Thanks 

Stu Antonio

Not team here, but as usual with new P3D versions, you‘ll have to wait until a compatible, new A32X version is released by FSL. 

• Like 2
Robert Sutherland
9 minutes ago, Andrew Eliezer said:

Hello.. Is there any info, when will FSLABS compatible in p3d v5.2? 

There isn't. It's a matter of waiting :) FSLabs have been pretty quick to get compatibility updates out though. 

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
18 minutes ago, Andrew Eliezer said:

Hello.. Is there any info, when will FSLABS compatible in p3d v5.2? 

We have a version in testing from last night.  Its a case of us needing to check things out.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
Pablo Prada
21 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Thanks Norman.

Just take your time. 5.2 can wait. I don’t really care about 5.2.

They made the best one ever created for Flight Simulation. So guys, just let FsLabs work, at this point you should know that they take their time to make things work perfectly, test...Let them work. Making things to work perfect and real takes time and patience.

thanks team! No need to hurry please. 

• Like 2
Marcus Pohlmann
12 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Someone on Avsim said it was fixed. Again, not everyone is experiencing this issue. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/601593-p3d-v52-is-out-now/?do=findComment&comment=4548639

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was me. I beta tested it and via the new option to turn off auto Exposure via the menu, you have more flexibility to influence the brightness in the cockpit. Also there are possibilities for fixing parameters for this via the P3D.CFG. You are able to set a minimum and maximum value for exposure (eye adopt effect switching views from darker to brighter areas and back) and exposure rates, the speed this happens, the speed the eye adopt the light or darker areas. 

So even if it's not what you like to see by default, a lot more possibility to config like you want. 

Here is P3D flexible. 

Marcus

• Thanks 2
Antonio Nozzi
17 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Here I am!!!! In my defence I installed p3d for the first time in my life 10 days ago :D (10 days spent on setting up things gone in a blink of an eye).

• Haha 1
Pascal Wagner
15 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

And everyone goes mental,

I smelled it two weeks ago. I really thought release was last week. Glad its out now. 

Pascal Wagner
40 minutes ago, Antonio Nozzi said:

Here I am!!!! In my defence I installed p3d for the first time in my life 10 days ago :D (10 days spent on setting up things gone in a blink of an eye).

Dear Antonio, welcome in the FS world. You wont regret it. Hopefully!! Flightsims can be very tweaky, so dont give up when comes to the first issues. We all went through those things. I believe you are here around many people, who can help you with a lot of things if necessary. 

Cheers

Antonio Nozzi
19 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Dear Antonio, welcome in the FS world. You wont regret it. Hopefully!! Flightsims can be very tweaky, so dont give up when comes to the first issues. We all went through those things. I believe you are here around many people, who can help you with a lot of things if necessary. 

Cheers

Ahaha ok, thanks!!

Is it possible to download the full version of p3d v5.1? From the official site I can download just the client; starting from a clean 5.2 version, is it fine to uninstall 5.2 client and install the old one?

Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Antonio Nozzi said:

Ahaha ok, thanks!!

Is it possible to download the full version of p3d v5.1? From the official site I can download just the client; starting from a clean 5.2 version, is it fine to uninstall 5.2 client and install the old one?

only client if yu didnt download the previous version that was available.

• Like 1
Bryan Samok

Hello all and good morning!

I've looked quite a while for this answer and I couldn't seem to find it so hopefully you can help me out, 

With P3D V5.2, can you use REX sky force 3D clouds with EA enabled or any add-on clouds with EA?

Bryan 

Koen Meier
11 minutes ago, Bryan Samok said:

Hello all and good morning!

I've looked quite a while for this answer and I couldn't seem to find it so hopefully you can help me out, 

With P3D V5.2, can you use REX sky force 3D clouds with EA enabled or any add-on clouds with EA?

Bryan 

any legacy cloud addon should work when they get updated.

Ivan Majetic

From 5.2 it is possible to use EA on with any weather addon, you can have EA enabled and still use legacy cloud textures. 

Miguel de gonzalo

Has anyone tried the new EA clouds? Will they work properly, not like the 5.1 that sometimes on my flight radar said there was a pretty nasty cloud and I couldn't see it visually?

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

¿Alguien probó las nuevas nubes de EA? ¿Funcionarán correctamente, no como el 5.1 que a veces en mi radar de vuelo decía que había una nube bastante desagradable y no podía verla visualmente? 

Hi Miguel,

Please keep things to English.  Thank you.

Miguel de gonzalo

Sorry for that letter , i don't know what happened....

Miguel de gonzalo
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Miguel,

Please keep things to English.  Thank you.

Yes sir , my phone just translated.... Sorry,  you didn't give me a minute to delete it lol 

• Thanks 1
Scott Stephens

Hey Matthew,

Not staff here but a few threads about this already - its coming and testing is underway (you can find some screenshots on some of the FB groups). Would suggest you stay close to these forums for the announcement.

Cheers

Scott

Stu Antonio

Usually, FSL takes only a couple of days (it was three exactly both on 5.1 and 5.1HF1 releases for instance).
If they run into issues it could be a lot more of course....