Weather radar not working?

Stefan Sondermann

Stefan Sondermann

And I have another one... it seems my weather radar is not working. Normally it detects moisture and clouds. I use AS P3D in P3Dv5. As you can see I am in clouds but no radar response? It is activated though.

2021-06-05_16h59_58.png

2021-06-05_17h00_15.png

Norman Blackburn

Hi Stefan,

The weather radar detects weather threats.  Clouds by themselves are not enough.

We would also need to see the WX radar controls. 

Wolfgang Reiter

Are you using enhanced athmosphere in P3D? If yes switch it off. For me the weather radar did not work with EA on.

Slawomir A.Lysy
4 hours ago, Wolfgang Reiter said:

Are you using enhanced athmosphere in P3D? If yes switch it off. For me the weather radar did not work with EA on.

EA should not have anything to do, as it is only visual layer. WX radar is taking data from AS, so it should work regardless of EA settings. But as it was mentioned above, not every cloud, even Cb will be visible on weather radar

• Like 1
Stefan Sondermann

Hi weather radar should be showing moisture. So any cloud should be visible or am i wrong?

Holger Teutsch
EA should not have anything to do, as it is only visual layer. WX radar is taking data from AS, so it should work regardless of EA settings. But as it was mentioned above, not every cloud, even Cb will be visible on weather radar
The developers of AS once told in their forum that with EA on the exact location of clouds is unknown (contrary to the classical cloud system). So the weather radar only depicts a generic picture for the weather situation injected.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

John Ruisch

A weather radar detects clouds with activity.

I believe AS has a setting for EA in the options menu.

Stefan van Hierden
3 hours ago, Stefan Sondermann said:

Hi weather radar should be showing moisture. So any cloud should be visible or am i wrong?

You are wrong ^_^

Simple said:

It can detect precipitation like rain, hail, snow, slush. It will show up either green, yellow or red on your ND. 
It is also able to detect movement of the precipitation which can show up as turbulence in a pink color.

• 2 weeks later...
Cesar gutierrez
On 6/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, Stefan Sondermann said:

And I have another one... it seems my weather radar is not working. Normally it detects moisture and clouds. I use AS P3D in P3Dv5. As you can see I am in clouds but no radar response? It is activated though.

2021-06-05_16h59_58.png

2021-06-05_17h00_15.png

did happened on all your airbus...or only in specific one ?

Alexander Polcher
On 6/6/2021 at 7:12 AM, Stefan Sondermann said:

Not right, not exactly. The weather radar (WXR) is producing electromagentic waves at around 3 GHz which can show relfections of rain droplets which are above 3cm, as far as I have it correctly in mind.

Main factor of which threats (and their dimension) shown is the Pulse Length "D".

If you have convective weather like a sunny warm sector behind a warm-front with cumulus clouds, your weather radar will simply show nothing.

PPS.PNG

• Like 1
A_ndré_F_olkers
On 6/6/2021 at 8:26 AM, Holger Teutsch said:

The developers of AS once told in their forum that with EA on the exact location of clouds is unknown (contrary to the classical cloud system). So the weather radar only depicts a generic picture for the weather situation injected.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

That's the correct situation with EA on, try at the same flight with EA of and be surprised ;-)