Active Sky Settings

Abhishek Banerjee

Abhishek Banerjee

Actually ASP4 settings recomeded by FSLabs documents.

I have doubt new P3D5 and ActiveSky P3D5 also set same as instructed below or realsitic settings (any settings) from AS will work fine in FSLabs?

In advannce thank you.

FoxitReader_lsOpH5zRDf.png

• Like 1
Sachin Gnath

I was using the FSL recommended AS settings previously in V5 it works like a charm. However recently I increased the above mentioned values further more & it still works fine for me without any issues. 

P.S I still have the Enhanced Turbulence & Realistic TS up/downdraft disabled in AS.  

• Thanks 1
Dave Taylor
4 hours ago, Abhishek Banerjee said:

Actually ASP4 settings recomeded by FSLabs documents.

I have doubt new P3D5 and ActiveSky P3D5 also set same as instructed below or realsitic settings (any settings) from AS will work fine in FSLabs?

In advannce thank you.

FoxitReader_lsOpH5zRDf.png

Thank you for your advices.

Scott Harmes

I have never adjusted mine at all.  I believe they are still set to default and I have never encountered any issues.  I have never had the autopilot disconnect due to turbulence.  I'm not sure if it's a FSLabs effect but I do get shaking of the airframe when in turbulent areas, which seems to add some realism and actual manifestation of the weather effects.  Today I flew in to convective weather when approaching Denver and the A320 was shaking non stop when descending.  The sound effects of the shaking are more noticeable than any actual physical shaking of the airframe, like it is being vibrated by the turbulence, rather than being thrown around.

I have my values set to:

Max Cloud Turbulence: 100% (default)

Max Wind Turbulence: 100% (default)

Turbulence Effect Scale: 70% (default)

Enhanced Turbulence: Disabled

Realsitic Thunderstorm Up and Downdraft rate: Enabled

• Thanks 1
Sachin Gnath
6 hours ago, Abhishek Banerjee said:

@Sachin Gnath if possible can you share screen shots about your AS whatever you changed for P3D5. Above mentioned 5 settings only. Thanks !

Max Cloud Turbulence: 100% 

Max Wind Turbulence: 50% 

Turbulence Effect Scale: 40% 

Enhanced Turbulence: Disabled

Realistic Thunderstorm Up and Downdraft rate: Disabled

• Thanks 1