Microsoft flight simulator HYPE

Miguel de gonzalo

Miguel de gonzalo

Hey there 

I'm just a bit worry about FSLABS , you team haven't announced anything about move your products to this new platform (MSFS)  , QUALITYWINGS  are working on it , PMDG just announce that most of their products will be ready for this year 777 737 AND DC6.

I know that don't say anything about it doesn't mean that you are not working on it secretly , but I would like just to hear some news , I don't expect a release day , just something lol.

As I really love you products quality and how you make the things guys. As PMDG SAID there is For years, many of us in the development community have lamented the fact that we are developing cutting edge simulations of incredibly sophisticated airplanes, only to have them look like 1990s animations when they appear on the screen. That is no longer a reality for products that appear in Microsoft Flight Simulator. For better or worse, we finally have a simulation platform with a dynamic, living world, an incredible lighting model, magnificent atmospherics and a broad range of capabilities that will allow us to simulate our favorite airlines to a degree never before possible.

Hope you understand my concern , I just want to see your products to get to a whole new level.

Kind regards 

• Like 3
  • Miguel de gonzalo changed the title to Microsoft flight simulator HYPE
Camille MOUCHEL

Fslabs will never deny or confirm that they are working in the background on msfs.

The problem is that considering that their system are very sophisticated even more than PMDG, even if they wanted to work full time on msfs, they couldn’t do it as the msfs SDK is not enough developed for fslabs.

I’m even surprised Thant PMDG will be able to port their NG and even the 777 by the end of the year?

Maybe it won’t be as study level at the beginning but who knows

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Danny Moore

Smart move on FSLabs part. You see the flack PMDG has been getting. I think it also helps that the 2020 users have the FBW to keep them occupied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miguel de gonzalo
7 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Fslabs will never deny or confirm that they are working in the background on msfs.

The problem is that considering that their system are very sophisticated even more than PMDG, even if they wanted to work full time on msfs, they couldn’t do it as the msfs SDK is not enough developed for fslabs.

I’m even surprised Thant PMDG will be able to port their NG and even the 777 by the end of the year?

Maybe it won’t be as study level at the beginning but who knows

Well I can't imagine PMDG realising their aircrafts at the same level as aerosoft lol , as they said , once they release their aircrafts, they will be at the same level or even better that their previous generations p3d  so I think the SDK it's mature to make a proper airliner.

There were a significant number of technical hurdles that needed to be cleared before we could push any of our glass flight deck airliners into MSFS. While this has been a painful process we believe that we are clear of the worst hurdles and what remains now is mostly just the work of development required to finish our products properly.

Ray Proudfoot

Maybe when MSFS is out of beta and the SDK is finalised that would be a more logical point to decide.

• Like 5
Sabine Meier

You have to be critical of what you read. There is always some form of marketing involved i have found when reading these types of posts.

• Like 1
Miguel de gonzalo
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

You have to be critical of what you read. There is always some form of marketing involved i have found when reading these types of posts.

I understand if this words would come from aerosoft or flybywire, but from PMDG OR FSLABS ? I TRUST whatever they will say.... Sorry , as they showed us with their quality products 

Camille MOUCHEL

As I said fslabs is ten 10 more hardcore than pmdg.

PMDG doesn’t have all the AIRiNC protocol simulated, 3D fluid modeled (fuel,oil and even air)...

Fslabs is so much above in terms of system implantation.

But let’s see in what state Will the NG3 be in msfs

Camille MOUCHEL
Maybe when MSFS is out of beta and the SDK is finalised that would be a more logical point to decide.

Or PmDG expects the sdk to be fully ready before the end of the year

Danny Moore

Or PmDG expects the sdk to be fully ready before the end of the year

The SDK being ready is a speculation. That is what is causing other forums to turn toxic, all the speculations on when and what is lacking in the SDK. The only forms I still enjoy coming to these days is the FSLabs forums. All the others have become hateful when discussing this topic.

Camille MOUCHEL

The SDK being ready is a speculation. That is what is causing other forums to turn toxic, all the speculations on when and what is lacking in the SDK. The only forms I still enjoy coming to these days is the FSLabs forums. All the others have become hateful when discussing this topic.

Well this time it’s pmdg that assets that the NG will come by the end of year and even the b777 (if they are lucky)

Timm Rehberg

From what I try to read between lines is, that PMDG just did the business decision to move ressources to MSFS as its a way bigger market than P3D and X-Plane together might be.
This means, it has not that much to do with the SDK being "ready" or not, but more that they start rewriting parts or codes to work with MSFS.
This is what others don´t want/can do due to limited ressources or the business decision by their CEO's. This might change or not. 
I guess thats simply the reason and the thing.

PMDG already confirmed for example that you won´t see a Weather Radar in the NGXu as this is simply not possible currently in MSFS. :D
But yeah ... here we go again :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Camille MOUCHEL
From what I try to read between lines is, that PMDG just did the business decision to move ressources to MSFS as its a way bigger market than P3D and X-Plane together might be.
This means, it has not that much to do with the SDK being "ready" or not, but more that they start rewriting parts or codes to work with MSFS.
This is what others don´t want/can do due to limited ressources or the business decision by their CEO's. This might change or not. 
PMDG already confirmed for example that you won´t see a Weather Radar in the NGXu as this is simply not possible currently in MSFS.
But yeah ... here we go again  

You are totally right !

But that’s my concern: the NG3 won’t have the same features as the P3d version at the beginning and that’s a no for me lmao.

Fslabs are working on their Concorde and A3XX so I don’t see them porting their 32X/SL before 2 years from now I think

Nuno M Pinto
1 hour ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

You should dig out some more info on that. Perhaps a post in the PMDG forum where Robert addresses the SDK situation and a certain quote "What was true yesterday might not be true today".

If they're doing it, it's because they CAN do it without limitations. PMDG (or FSL for that matter) wouldn't embark on a project that could stain their reputation or come out as unflyable garbage. We have the A320NX for that.

• Like 2
Camille MOUCHEL
You should dig out some more info on that. Perhaps a post in the PMDG forum where Robert addresses the SDK situation and a certain quote "What was true yesterday might not be true today".
If they're doing it, it's because they CAN do it without limitations. PMDG (or FSL for that matter) wouldn't embark on a project that could stain their reputation or come out as unflyable garbage. We have the A320NX for that.

Well they already said apparently that there will be no WRX radar on release...

That is less reputation for me for releasing at non finished product...

Artur Araripe
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

PMDG already confirmed for example that you won´t see a Weather Radar in the NGXu as this is simply not possible currently in MSFS. :D

A clear step up from FSX and P3D :P *irony included*

And I feel like it's only one of the limitations. There might be a lot more.

MSFS still needs some time to mature. Perhaps two more years, maybe three. 

• Like 1
Daniel Jaffe

I won't dip a toe in the "is MSFS 2020 ready for FSL or PMDG-level aircraft?"  Instead, I note that in PDMG's introductory youtube video, Randazzo talks about the close relationship they have developed with Asobo.  He specifically mentions that Asobo's support and feedback have outstripped any other platform developer (I guess Lockheed isn't as helpful :P).  In any event, I expect that the leg-up from Asobo has a lot to do with PMDG's decision to go all-in on MSFS 2020 -- and the obvious size of the market.

• Like 1
Søren Dissing

I would invite people to take a look at some of the DC-6 tutorial videos that are posted on the PMDG Youtube channel to see what's possible with the SDK in its present form. The Engine Run-up (#8) impressed me a lot.

• Like 4
Artur Araripe

Yea I can totally understand why they are doing that. It's a compromise, obviously, considering all the current flaws, but if they are working together to mitigate most of the issues and release somewhat flyable planes, the MSFS community is gonna be happy enough. There's no benchmark in MSFS yet for quality and PMDG wants to be the first to set the quality reference. The big question is how much it will differ from P3D/FSX given all the limitations and slightly truncated features. It will definitely be a huge step forward compared to default aircraft and the other payware that are currently available (in MSFS!). Even if it doesn't end up being "study level" (which we all know it's more of a marketing gimmick than anything given how much it varies from product to product that claims to be at that level), it might as well be a plane that can follow SIDs and STARS correctly, etc. which might be good enough for most of the average people. Perhaps that's the market they are trying to cater for. Not the hardcore fans that demand absurd depth and detail, but the average - perhaps even fresh - flight simmer, that cares a lot more about the eye candy and the art of flying from A to B without any major game breaking bugs like your airplane suddenly turning upside down and catching on fire. Which would also explain the YouTube channel, the tutorials from scratch. They want a new audience. The old people from FSX/P3D are more than familiarized with all their aircraft by now (pmdg fans obviously, not my case), so why would they even need tutorials to begin with?  

This new and fresh audience is highly unfamiliar with advanced systems so basically anything will do as long as there's a huge brand behind it with a sort of reputation. You offer them papaya seeds and say it's caviar and they will eat it and say "hey, that's good caviar!". Can you blame them? They haven't eaten it before. That's exactly what PMDG is doing. New audience that will eat just about anything and smile because they don't know any better. And this parcel of the player base is much larger than the hardcore one (at least when it comes to MSFS specifically, because most hardcore pilots went back to P3D/XP11), which would mean the positive reviews would outweigh the negative ones from people that previously experienced PMDG elsewhere, resulting in a huge win win and a new chunk of the market being dominated by them.

Which basically means that no, it's not gonna be the pinnacle of flight simulation. Not a game changer. Just yet another alternative that will satisfy newcomers that want to fly supposedly fancy new aircraft with the illusion of being awfully close to real life. The papaya seed caviar. 

• Like 1
Miguel de gonzalo

Well guys , it is improving , now wheather in MSFS  show the precipitation , no cloud coverage.

First point ;)

Today's update 

Cheers 

Screenshot_20210525-171933.jpg

• Like 1
Søren Dissing
13 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

because most hardcore pilots went back to P3D/XP11

Your source for this?

Artur Araripe

Does it need a source? There's no study level airplane in MSFS. Therefore, what is the point? 

Camille MOUCHEL
Your source for this?

Bough msfs months ago then went back to p3D.

I can’t hardly fly anything beloW fslabs/Leonardo software standard on p3d and inibuild on Xplane. Can’t wait for their A310

People that loves accurate system and flight model Will stay mainly on p3d/xp11

• Like 4
Artur Araripe
1 minute ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

People that loves accurate system and flight model Will stay mainly on p3d/xp11

Right on. I was an early adopter, played it a lot early on. The graphics are mind blowing, everything is fantastic except the flying experience. It's not anywhere near the experience I have whenever I fire up the labs. I had to go back. Even if that meant saying goodbye to satellite imagery everywhere, amazing clouds, good grass, and saying hello again to OOMs, random ntldll crashes, and so on. It's just so much better. The sounds, the systems, the EFB :wub:

My source, therefore, is the fact that me and a lot of people did the same thing. MSFS, as beautiful as it is, can be very frustrating if you expect proper airplane behavior. At least from now. It's subject to change, obviously. Asobo listens to feedback, they care. They want to make a good simulator as much as we want to have a good simulator. But it takes time.

And it's definitely not the place to be right now.

Currently, P3D + FSL = best simulation possible in 2021. And that's a fact.

• Like 4
Ivan Majetic

I bought MSFS, and didn't spend one singe euro on any addon. None! I use P3D 90% of my sim time.  And I agree, MSFS is beautiful, visually.  

And while I respect PMDG, and love their software, people seem to forget that their boss is a huge hype creator and a good salesman. Nothing wrong with that though.

So yeah, over the years I learned to take their posts and promises and deadlines with a shovel of salt. Wrong? , maybe!

Cheers,

Ivan

• Like 5
Miguel de gonzalo
3 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

You should read this lol , edit the post.

Screenshot_20210525-171933.jpg

Miguel de gonzalo
2 hours ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

Agree +10

duartevieira
4 hours ago, Ivan Majetic said:

I bought MSFS, and didn't spend one singe euro on any addon. None! I use P3D 90% of my sim time.  And I agree, MSFS is beautiful, visually.  

And while I respect PMDG, and love their software, people seem to forget that their boss is a huge hype creator and a good salesman. Nothing wrong with that though.

So yeah, over the years I learned to take their posts and promises and deadlines with a shovel of salt. Wrong? , maybe!

Cheers,

Ivan

Bang on for him it’s all about the dollar

Daniel Glover

Isn't the weather radar in the FSL, and for that matter nearly every aircraft on P3D, required to have Active Sky or some other compatible weather addon? If I recall, the aircraft doesn't technically have a weather radar, it just has 'support' for when you plug one in externally.

• Like 1
Marc Fuolega

I got banned on their forum for pointing out they managed to develop the DC6 from scratch for MSFS over the past year but couldn't even be bothered to upgrade the existing DC6 to P3D5, which shows their focus. They didn't like that, lol. And my tone was totally fine.

FSLabs devs are so much more relaxed when it comes to criticism. Definitely tells you which company to support with your wallet. 

Thierry Nguepdjo

It would be nice if FSLabs provided some info on what their plans are for MFS. Things have obviously changed over the last year with PMDG and I would hope that is the case here as well. Only time will tell.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
Marc Ehnle
On 5/26/2021 at 4:10 AM, Artur Araripe said:

Yikes, basically censoring you for calling them out. That's really whacky of them.

Don‘t believe everything blindly ^^

• Like 1
Marc Fuolega

Eh, feel free not to believe me. I never had any issues on that forum and that one post I made was mildly critical at best. 

In any case I’m glad to be on this forum instead. ;) I’ve posted significantly more critical stuff here and the kind people of FSLabs know how to deal with criticism. They have my respect for that. 

Well, and for the fantastic product. ;)

valson bezerril

In my opinion MSFS it has the best experience flying GA, still have to improve aerodynamic to compare to XP11, but still better than prepar3d. Talking  about airlines even if A320nx or CRJ still need to improve a lot, I  believe  in about a year MSFS will reach a mature SDK e it will be the main  simulator to developers and simmers.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Miguel de gonzalo

Really ? No news on fslabs about msfs? Just flew the DC6 and it's a completely piece a of heaven , even better than P3D , they really need to start thinking about move to msfs , never stop supporting P3D but they need to focus on new technologies , the 737 it's  so close to the corner , SDK it's good enough to start working on it , even if it's not good enough Wich I doubt it I'm pretty sure that a company like fslabs can work hand to hand with Adobo to improve  more the SDK , what are your thoughts ? 

Thanks.

• Like 1
Miguel de gonzalo
1 hour ago, Togismo Kohn said:

no hype....

the 737 is  so close to the corner ??  never....

MSFS is a game...

Lol , one day you will have to swallow your own words bro.

Time is going to decide everything.

• Haha 2
Miguel de gonzalo
22 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

FENIX announced a A320 "Study Level" for MSFS

Really ? That's a very good news, if we really have to wait for fslabs.... , do you have the source of it ? 

Thanks 

Camille MOUCHEL
32 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Really ? That's a very good news, if we really have to wait for fslabs.... , do you have the source of it ? 

Thanks 

yes but each time i post the link, my post get deleted for whatever reason: just google fenix a320 msfs and yoiu'll find it

• Haha 1
Miguel de gonzalo
31 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

yes but each time i post the link, my post get deleted for whatever reason: just google fenix a320 msfs and yoiu'll find it

They are afraid lol just kidding hahaha I don't want my post to be deleted also hahahaha , well Ive been telling them to move to the new sim and no answer.... The train just passed for them ... At least they are making another airplane.

I've been reading and it looks so freaking good I will buy it for sure , also I'm glad about the people complaining about SDK in msfs saying that is  not finished even they don't even know what SDK word means lol.

Thanks for your post  Camille , see you in msfs and Fenix A320. ;)