Aros

Please Help! Installation Error

Aros

I purchased Concorde X today and am excited to use it. I followed all the instructions to install including the Direct X and INS gauge install but when I go to select one of the Concordes in FSX, the following message occurs:

"Error loading FSLOptions.DLL. Please ensure proper installation of the product."

Then FSX freezes and crashes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the same message happens. Please help! Thank you!

(Running FSX Acceleration on Windows 7-64 bit with a quad core, 8 gigs RAM, 9800GT vid card)

Daryl S

Have you contacted support "at" flightsimlabs.com?

Aros

Not yet but that is my next move. I was able to locate the DLL files (they were in the FSLabs sub directory in FSX, not in the root). I was able to get past the error message when I did that. But now when I select a Concorde and flight, it crashes FSX still.

Aros

I sure hope they have quick response time. This is the most $$ I have ever spent on an add-on for FSX and it is extremely frustrating that it is not working!

Paul Smith

Hello Aros:

Given that it's about 02:30 am on a Sunday Morning in the FSL office, the chances of a swift response at this hour are slim.

Moving to your other comment, are you saying that you have moved the DLL's from the location that the installer put them in (ie where they are supposed to be) to another location?

Are you using a non English Language version of Windows?

Can you PM me your order details please.

Cheers

Smiffy

Aros

Hi Smiffy, I sent you a PM. Thanks for the help! I copied the DLL's in the FSLabs directory and pasted them into the FSX root directory (so the DLL's are still in the original location as well as the FSX root). When I did that, it finally was able to get past the error message to load a Concorde. However, it will not load a flight without crashing. I am using a English Language version of Win 7.

Hello Aros:

Given that it's about 02:30 am on a Sunday Morning in the FSL office, the chances of a swift response at this hour are slim.

Moving to your other comment, are you saying that you have moved the DLL's from the location that the installer put them in (ie where they are supposed to be) to another location?

Are you using a non English Language version of Windows?

Can you PM me your order details please.

Cheers

Smiffy

Paul Smith

Hi There:

Thanks for that.

Have you installed the CIVA Gauge, did you restart after installation of the DX update, and do you run in any compatibility modes? UAC should be off, No Compat modes, and run FSX as administrator.

Cheers

Smiffy

Aros

I did install the CIVA (although it tells me I still need to make the gauges or something??) I did restart after the DX update and compatibility modes you just threw me, lol.

Aros

In the SimObjects/Airplanes/FSLabs...Concorde folder I came across the Installer Package...Clicked on it and it said...

Sorry and error has occurred...The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

Not sure if that is the problem but there it is...

Aros

... UAC should be off, No Compat modes, and run FSX as administrator.

Can you walk me through this please? I've never done compat modes before for any software. I am really bummed that I just spent 80 bucks on a FSX add-on that I can't even use on a Saturday evening. :(

Aros

Okay, this was the response I got from Support via email:

Dear Mr. Breda-

please do NOT move any DLLs - this results in lots of issues. The DLLs are to remain where they are originally found.

Please uninstall the product, remove any copied DLLs from anywhere you copied them and reinstall the product. Then, ensure that you have the correct reference to FSX in your registry - if you are unsure of this, please use the Flight1 FSX registry repair utility found here:

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

I removed all the DLLs, uninstalled everything, used the registry repair and reinstalled everything and I am right back to where I was with the original "Error loading FSLOptions.DLL. Please ensure proper installation of the product." message which then causes a fatal error in FSX. I am completely at my wits end here. I have NO clue what is causing this problem and with each passing hour I am getting more and more upset.

Cuddly1956

From 3 posts up it looks like a corrupt installer file... can you redownload the program? Also make sure that NO antivirus is running when installing - right click 'run as administrator' usually works ok. Reboot after install of course.

Hope this isn't adding more confusion to the advice given as I'd rather leave it to Paul or one of the team rather than have everyone give advice.

John E

Lefteris Kalamaras

"...and with each passing hour I am getting more and more upset."

While we're trying to assist you, let me point out that writing you are upset isn't going to help you or us in ensuring that your product works well. You are receiving support ON A SUNDAY, within a couple hours of your asking for help - in the meantime, you've indicated that you move files around on your own, which certainly won't help us in trying to diagnose what's going on, as it simply causes confusion, since results become undefined and/or unexpected because of it.

What *will* help is you trying to report as much as possible about your specific FSX installation. For example, did you 'accept' all the requests to 'trust' the DLLs being loaded? Have you perhaps done something to change the contents of your dll.xml and fsx.cfg? Are you running any antivirus products which might cause the FSLOptions.dll NOT to be loaded?

All this helps in diagnosing. Reporting that you are upset certainly doesn't.

Aros

Wait a minute here. So I am not allowed to express my frustration for a product I paid a lot of money for that doesn't want to work? With all due respect that's not fair. First of all, you really don't need to take it personally. I wasn't aiming my frustration at anyone here specifically. I was merely stating a fact. Of course it's upsetting when I am doing everything instructed and the weekend is getting away from me and I still can't figure out what is causing the error. I appreciate that it is a Sunday and I am grateful for ALL of the help I am getting but when I pay nearly $80 dollars for an add-on in FSX of course I expect it to work. I have never had any issues like this with the several other quality payware add ons. I am NOT saying this is reflective of the product or the support staff, just that I would have expected it to work for the price.

I still have faith that someone will help me get it working and I am quite sure once it is working I will be most pleased and say that it was worth the frustration. I'm not here to bash anyone but if I am not allowed to at least voice my general frustration then I guess I am in the wrong forum.

Okay, off my soap box now. :)

I sent my FSX.cfg and dll.xml file to Support. I just got this reply and I am excited to try it out...Once again, make no mistake, I am VERY grateful for the help!

Dear Mr. Breda,

it seems that the installer cannot locate your dll.xml properly to include the correct XML entries. Most likely, this is an issue with your %APPDATA% environment variable not being located properly under Windows, or with something making dll.xml read-only.

We've made the appropriate changes manually, please replace dll.xml with the attached file and the Concorde-X should now work correctly.

"...and with each passing hour I am getting more and more upset."

While we're trying to assist you, let me point out that writing you are upset isn't going to help you or us in ensuring that your product works well. You are receiving support ON A SUNDAY, within a couple hours of your asking for help - in the meantime, you've indicated that you move files around on your own, which certainly won't help us in trying to diagnose what's going on, as it simply causes confusion, since results become undefined and/or unexpected because of it.

What *will* help is you trying to report as much as possible about your specific FSX installation. For example, did you 'accept' all the requests to 'trust' the DLLs being loaded? Have you perhaps done something to change the contents of your dll.xml and fsx.cfg? Are you running any antivirus products which might cause the FSLOptions.dll NOT to be loaded?

All this helps in diagnosing. Reporting that you are upset certainly doesn't.

Aros

Well that replacement file worked! Outstanding! Can't wait to learn the procedures to fly it successfully. THANK YOU ALL for your help!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Wait a minute here. So I am not allowed to express my frustration for a product I paid a lot of money for that doesn't want to work? With all due respect that's not fair. First of all, you really don't need to take it personally. I wasn't aiming my frustration at anyone here specifically. I was merely stating a fact. Of course it's upsetting when I am doing everything instructed and the weekend is getting away from me and I still can't figure out what is causing the error. I appreciate that it is a Sunday and I am grateful for ALL of the help I am getting but when I pay nearly $80 dollars for an add-on in FSX of course I expect it to work. I have never had any issues like this with the several other quality payware add ons. I am NOT saying this is reflective of the product or the support staff, just that I would have expected it to work for the price.

I still have faith that someone will help me get it working and I am quite sure once it is working I will be most pleased and say that it was worth the frustration. I'm not here to bash anyone but if I am not allowed to at least voice my general frustration then I guess I am in the wrong forum.

Dear Mr. Breda,

First of all, the product works correctly out of the box. If you are uncertain of that, please set up a separate installation of FSX, with no addons previously included, then try to install the Concorde-X. You'll notice there will be no issues with the installation. Your particular problem was that your dll.xml file could either not be found or not be edited by the installer - something that is not typical of a normal FSX installation and indicates user intervention (someone's mucked about somehow). The possibilities and likely explanations for this are exponentially endless so I am not even going to try, but it's certainly not the installer's fault, or we'd be seeing this everywhere and yours is the first installation that we did see it. Ergo, user issue.

Also, we provided repeated support on the weekend, something that you don't find with most flight sim addon producers (some don't even bother to reply to support emails at all). This goes above and beyond the 'call of duty', even for a product that "you pay nearly $80 for" (it's $69.95, by the way, the rest is your optional selection of eSellerate's extended download service, which we see no income from).

I feel that you could have exercised some patience while we were trying to resolve an issue that was caused by your particular setup (and finally fixed for you on a Sunday), rather than keep pushing us with heated comments about being upset - but I will say here that it really is our fault for creating such expectations by actually providing the levels of support we provide. If our policy was clear, something like "support provided Monday-Friday, business hours only", our customers would understand that anything OUTSIDE that window is us being helpful above the call of duty.

Anyhow - we're glad you got it sorted out.

gegone

Hello Lefteris Kalamaris

My Name is Christian and i am from Austria

First sorry for my bad english.

I purchased your great Concorde X yesterday.After Installation on my FSX with Acceleration Pack it seems i had the same Problem like Aros.

"Error loading FSLOptions.DLL. Please ensure proper installation of the product."

First i made a new download becouse at the first time my Internet Connection brakes up.After the second Installation it was the same.

my System is nearly the same like Aros,Win 7 Intel I7 930 4gb ram,nvidea gforce gtx 295.

Plese help me becouse i am the next two weeks at Home and i wont to fly.

Thank You very much

CHRISTIAN

CoolP

Please check your dll.xml file for the three FSLabs entries there. If they are present and if you've been asked to trust each dll on FSX startup then your installation should work.

If your dll.xml lacks of those entries, I can send you a message to just copy and paste.

gegone

Please check your dll.xml file for the three FSLabs entries there. If they are present and if you've been asked to trust each dll on FSX startup then your installation should work.

If your dll.xml lacks of those entries, I can send you a message to just copy and paste.

Hi CoolP

In FSX Mainfolder is the Folder FS Labs.There are two Folders Concorde and dll`s.In the Folder dll`s are three dll`s

;Events.dll,Options.dll,Sounds.dll.

Thank you realy for your Help

CHRISTIAN

Paul Smith

your dll xml is in the same folder as the FSX.cfg. Try there :)

gegone

your dll xml is in the same folder as the FSX.cfg. Try there :)

Hi Paul Smith

Sorry,but i cant find these dll.xml.Is it in the FSX Mainfolder?

CHRISTIAN

Paul Smith

its in the FSX AppData Folder.

Cheers

Smiffy

gegone

Hi Paul

I am realy to stupid to find these Files.On Win XP its easyer to locate somethings.But my new OS is Win 7 64bit and i am realy a Noob.Can you write me exactly where the dll xml is.

Sorry for this and thanks

CHRISTIAN

gegone

Hi Paul

Those are the Content of dll.xml.I found it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>

<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

It was located at User/My Name/........

I hope it was the right file.Please can you help me.

Thank you

Christian

CoolP

Christian, the entries for Concorde X are completely missing. Maybe the guys can tell you why this happend, but I can give you the entries to just copy and paste.

Please make sure, that you backup your file first and that the last entry always is

&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?&gt;
&#13;&lt;SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"&gt;
&#13;&lt;Descr&gt;Launch&lt;/Descr&gt;
&#13;&lt;Filename&gt;dll.xml&lt;/Filename&gt;
&#13;&lt;Disabled&gt;False&lt;/Disabled&gt;
&#13;&lt;Launch.ManualLoad&gt;False&lt;/Launch.ManualLoad&gt;

So just add those three (best place would be after

), let the other entries untouched, start FSX, watch out for the question if you want to trust the loaded dlls (as you see, three dlls gives us three questions) and then load Concorde X into a free flight.

If FSX doesn't aks you to trust those files, something went wrong and the dlls don't get loaded. Recheck the dll.xml structure then and maybe start a new editing (you still have that backup to start from).

gegone

Hi CoolP

I start FSX since Saturday(purchase Concorde X and install)nearly 20 times.The question if i want to trust the loaded dlls,i think comes only at the first time i start FSX.Now when i select Concorde in Free Flight FSX freece.

CHRISTIAN

Lefteris Kalamaras

Find your fsx.cfg, copy it somewhere safe, then delete it. That way, FS will ask you to trust the dlls again.

Remember that if you do this, you'll need to rerun the FSL Texture Fix utility, as the results are saved in fsx.cfg.

Regards,

CoolP

Christian, your dll.xml never contained those three entries so FSX could never have asked you, if you want to allow those dlls.

Please do as Lefteris said and delete the fsx.cfg file. On the next start, FSX builds a new one, fresh and clean.

Run the texture fix utility then to get the necessary tweaks.

Thereafter you open your dll.xml file again, check for the three entries I gave you and save the file.

The file always starts with

&lt;/SimBase.Document&gt;

and ends with

In between, there are your addons and some stuff from the FSX SDK. The structure on those entries as almost the same, just take a closer look if you want.

It is vital to have this file set up correctly. You won't get a warning when it's not, FSX or the addon just don't works correctly, when some things got mixed up here.

I know how frustrating it is, to have a new game or addon which doesn't work out of the box. Keep it up and stay concentrated.

Normally, the installer sets up all those files for you automatically. He could fail, when some security software blocks him or if he hasn't sufficient rights to work. Running Concorde X installer with a right click "as admin" will help. Temporary disabling AV software might too.

One of the first things you see when everything is installed correctly and you click on Concorde X, is a small window, telling you to be patient, because everything gets initialized and checked. Three vital parts missing ... freeze. That's most likely the thing you're experiencing right now. Cure? Go through the steps mentioned above and report back, please.

gegone

Christian, your dll.xml never contained those three entries so FSX could never have asked you, if you want to allow those dlls.

Please do as Lefteris said and delete the fsx.cfg file. On the next start, FSX builds a new one, fresh and clean.

Run the texture fix utility then to get the necessary tweaks.

Thereafter you open your dll.xml file again, check for the three entries I gave you and save the file.

The file always starts with

and ends with

In between, there are your addons and some stuff from the FSX SDK. The structure on those entries as almost the same, just take a closer look if you want.

It is vital to have this file set up correctly. You won't get a warning when it's not, FSX or the addon just don't works correctly, when some things got mixed up here.

I know how frustrating it is, to have a new game or addon which doesn't work out of the box. Keep it up and stay concentrated.

Normally, the installer sets up all those files for you automatically. He could fail, when some security software blocks him or if he hasn't sufficient rights to work. Running Concorde X installer with a right click "as admin" will help. Temporary disabling AV software might too.

One of the first things you see when everything is installed correctly and you click on Concorde X, is a small window, telling you to be patient, because everything gets initialized and checked. Three vital parts missing ... freeze. That's most likely the thing you're experiencing right now. Cure? Go through the steps mentioned above and report back, please.

Thanks to all who helped me

Now Speedbird is in the Air.

To CoolP:The Problem was me.I forgett a > in front.To delete the FSX.cfg was not necessary.

OK now i must go to work,but when i was at home i will work with.

PS:Very Good Support,super Forum!!!!!!

THANKS

CHRISTIAN

blaisec

I have just joined the forum today, and I have come upon this problem myself can anyone please give me a dig out. I'm ready to total my computer!!! Appreciate any help.

Paul Smith

What Problem? Have you tried every step detailed in this thread? what are your computer specs? and so on...

blaisec

Thanks for the reply Paul.

My computer knowledge from the very outset is limited to browsing the net, using the word processor, and doing small editing on photos etc. My 12yr old son wanted this addon for christmas and I indulged him. I bought the box set online from PC Pilot.

My initial problem was that my pc would not even load the add on, dont ask what buttons I pressed but I did get the program loaded. Now when I open up FSX I can see Concorde , but when I click on any of them I get a message Error loading FSLoptions.DLL. Please ensure proper installation of the product. Then I get a fatal error message, and FSX shuts down and restarts. Its right here that I get stuck. I would not be confidant enough to start messing about in files I should not be in, in case I make the problem worse.

So any one who agrees to help me would have to have the patience of a Saint, but I am under pressure to get this sorted as my son is itching to get started on the Concorde. I am using vista as for the rest of the specs for the computer I know I can find them given the route to the info.

Just found this info if it helps.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 5600

2.8 GHz. Memory

RAM 2.0 Gb

32 bit OS

Paul Smith

Okay.

Initially we will try this:

You just need to find the file called FSX.CFG and then copy and paste it into 'My Documents' that way we have it backed up safely. Then delete the original. FSX will make a new one when you start it again.

The file is usually located, within Vista at C:\Users\Your Account\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Cheers

Smiffy

blaisec

I think I have found the file I have copied and pasted it to my docs.

blaisec

Hi Smiffy.

I have tried this, deleted the file. and started fsx, then went to free flight, tried to change to conorde, same thing happened.

blaisec
:unsure: :unsure:I want to thank Paul Smith for his assistance yesterday, I know it was outside office hours and I am grateful for the help. However having tried what was suggested I am no further forward at this point. I would appreciate any further help. :unsure:

lucatrader

same issue here if i use the menu into fsx:

: FSLOptions.dll, versione: 10.0.61355.65, timestamp: 0x4c387586