FSX Default Weather Aircraft Behaviour

Antonio Kaniadakis

Antonio Kaniadakis

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the FSlabs A320 can simulate correctly the behaviour of let's say a crosswind landing if I use the default fsx weather engine. For instance, if I set a 16 kt wind at a certain direction, does the aircraft behave the same way if the same condition were set let's say in Active Sky? I am not trying to compare the two, I am just wondering if the aircraft behaviour would be different, more "realistic" in one case or the other. Thank you very much!

Markus Burkhard

If all you want is a steady wind at 16kts from a certain set direction, then yes both are indeed identical. Our aircraft does not react differently just because AS is telling the sim to inject a steady 16kts wind from direction x. 

• Like 1
Rado Sutto

This is simulation, not game.

If default engine tells wind X kts from Y degs and Opus, AS or FSXWX tells same, result will be same.

I have experience from opensource simulator in multiplay session with P3D+AS, I had 280 kts on the clock, my son on P3D had 280 kts in same FL, but his GS was significantly faster than mine, because opensource sim was not able to use correct wind aloft and wind dir and speed only estimated.