AMD 6800XT My Best Settings

Asher Yearwood

Asher Yearwood

here is a thread about my settings to get very smooth performance on P3Dv5 on any aircraft.

ASUS Maximus XII hero WIFI z490

i9-10900k

AMD 6800XT 

32GB RAM

2TB STORAGE + 1TB M.2

MY ADDONS ARE:

FSLABS (ALL) APART FROM SHARKLETS...;)

ORBX ALL GLOBAL, MANY EUROPEAN AIRPORTS

AEROSOFT EGLL,LEBL,LEMD,EDDH,EDDB

PILOTS EUROPEAN MESH

EVNTEX

ACTIVE SKY P3D

REX SKYFORCE 3D

SETTINGS 1.PNG

SETTINGS 2.PNG

SETTINGS 3.PNG

SETTINGS 4.PNG

SETTINGS 5.PNG

SETTINGS 6.PNG

SETTINGS 7.PNG

Daniel Jaffe

Thanks for posting this.  I will definitely review the settings with great interest.  I've got a 6900XT and I'm new to P3D.  So figuring out the best approach is always tricky!

Asher Yearwood
39 minutes ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

Also, what monitor are you using? I see its 1920x1080.  I've got a 3440x1440 Dell, but it's refresh rate is locked at 60HZ. 

im using my HD bedroom tv. until i upgrade to a proper gaming monitor. im also using 60hz

Lefteris Kalamaras

Can you guys try loading an aircraft which has a 2D panel and see if you get drawing artifacts or corruption in those with your 6800xt ?

(Mooney Bravo for example)

Main panel, click a few switches, see it corrupt.

Daniel Jaffe

Short answer yes.  There are definitely some drawing artifacts with the Mooney.  The artifacts come and go.  In addition, and this may just be because I have a wider monitor, the 2D panel is distorted in an unpleasant way.  

Lefteris, just let me know if you need anything else.

Asher Yearwood
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Can you guys try loading an aircraft which has a 2D panel and see if you get drawing artifacts or corruption in those with your 6800xt ?

(Mooney Bravo for example)

Main panel, click a few switches, see it corrupt.

My findings are that with the fslabs 2d panels do appear a bit distorted, the following do aswell... pmdg 737 (not 777 for some reason) and the qw 787 which has the most distortion of them all. 

again like daniel, i use the wide aspect ration which better fits my screen than the normal one 

Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

I am not talking about a distortion due to stretching- the image becomes corrupt entirely. Here and there, it comes and goes.

Asher Yearwood
5 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Gents-

I am not talking about a distortion due to stretching- the image becomes corrupt entirely. Here and there, it comes and goes.

Oh no nothing at all, the one thing i do get sometimes is when i first load into the sim, the aircraft would load with 2d panels but once i got to outside view and back in, it goes back to normal 

Daniel Jaffe
18 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Gents-

Lefteris. I definitely observed the corrupt image that would come and go as I accessed areas of the 2D panel on the Mooney. I didn’t test it on the A320. 

Lefteris Kalamaras
8 hours ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

Lefteris. I definitely observed the corrupt image that would come and go as I accessed areas of the 2D panel on the Mooney. I didn’t test it on the A320. 

Great! Can you please take a snapshot of the Mooney 2d panel when it's corrupt and post it here? Also we might want to alert Lockheed on this, since it's not just me.

• Like 1
M_i_k_e_V_o_g

Not sure what artifacts you mean.

Didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the moony. There are however green vertical lines that come and go, as you say, on the F22s HUD and a flickering white line that appears on PMDGs NGUxs' central display sand rarely on the edges of some buttons. Seen the exact same report somewhere else on the net.

so far, noticed only on those two though.

Using a powercolor 6900xt with the latest drivers but observed the same with previous drivers as well.

@Asher Yearwood

That fan curve will make one heck of a noisy rig. That almost makes it a perfect afterburner simulator....

• Like 1
Daniel Jaffe
6 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Great! Can you please take a snapshot of the Mooney 2d panel when it's corrupt and post it here? Also we might want to alert Lockheed on this, since it's not just me.

Here are some examples:

1798301432_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.b8c3d42da6f7db799bca4f0f0c2d7cf7.png

236876033_Screenshot(5).png

165296808_Screenshot(7).png

M_i_k_e_V_o_g

Ah, I see what you mean! Yeah I get the exact same corruption as seen on the left side of that screenshot.

I didn't notice any corruption on the airbus but the 2D panels do have white lines at the edge of of some.

Asher Yearwood
52 minutes ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

Not sure what artifacts you mean.

Didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the moony. There are however green vertical lines that come and go, as you say, on the F22s HUD and a flickering white line that appears on PMDGs NGUxs' central display sand rarely on the edges of some buttons. Seen the exact same report somewhere else on the net.

so far, noticed only on those two though.

Using a powercolor 6900xt with the latest drivers but observed the same with previous drivers as well.

@Asher Yearwood

That fan curve will make one heck of a noisy rig. That almost makes it a perfect afterburner simulator....

:lol: well the way i done it is that it catches any heat before it even becomes a problem. That way to completely avoid an DXGI 

Lefteris Kalamaras

It's not heat-related. It's either driver- or card-related.

Please post this as a new topic in the LM forum here so they can see the issue.

It's with P3Dv5.

I get the same exact corruption so I'll second the topic.

M_i_k_e_V_o_g
24 minutes ago, Truls Petter Elven said:

I have the msi 6900 XT and the best settings is to tune down the graphic card like this and will not gets so hot.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5aa294eab6f35a69444f4020c157c881.jpg

Thanks, I'll try this too. It's been ages since I used AMD components. Unlike Intel or Nvidia, it seems AMD are quite liberal with voltages. I had to restrain my 5800x as well so it won't run too hot even with hyperthreading (or whatever AMD calls it) off

• Like 1
Daniel Jaffe
4 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

It's not heat-related. It's either driver- or card-related.

Please post this as a new topic in the LM forum here so they can see the issue.

It's with P3Dv5.

I get the same exact corruption so I'll second the topic.

Lefteris.  As you requested, I've posted in the LM forum.  Link is here.

Lefteris Kalamaras
9 hours ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

Lefteris.  As you requested, I've posted in the LM forum.  Link is here.

Thank you Daniel, I posted a followup there as well.

M_i_k_e_V_o_g
14 hours ago, Truls Petter Elven said:

I have the msi 6900 XT and the best settings is to tune down the graphic card like this and will not gets so hot.

This is a good approach. Junction temp stays at a good distance since I undervolted a little. Your numbers are a tad conservative though. I believe you can crank up the voltage and frequency a little and still be within reasonable temps. Say, something like  1150 milivolts and 2300MHz

• Like 1
Truls Petter Elven
7 hours ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

This is a good approach. Junction temp stays at a good distance since I undervolted a little. Your numbers are a tad conservative though. I believe you can crank up the voltage and frequency a little and still be within reasonable temps. Say, something like  1150 milivolts and 2300MHz

yes, i will try.