vJoy joystick in FSLabs Input Commands

Chris Kreuzbichler

Chris Kreuzbichler

Hi there,

I am unsure if this is the correct section.

I have reinstalled the FSLbus for the third time since I always encountered weird issues that usually resolved with a reinstall. This tame I made it clean-clean hopefully.

Anyway, is it possible to somehow set virtual Joystick such as the vJoy ones as the active ones in the FSLabs Input Commands menu? Whenever I move my TCA stick according to the prompt it obviously selects the TCA stick rather than 'vJoy'.

Thanks!

Stu Antonio

Hi Chris,

I too have a virtual Joystick setup with vJoy. 
I simply don't map anything to the FSL Input Commands x/y-Axis and just mat the axis to the virtual Joystick via the normal P3D controls menu. Works just fine here....

(or maybe I don't understand the question :)

Chris Kreuzbichler

oh lol hi Stu, hows it going?

My issue is: When I tried to do that and unmapped everything in the FSL menu as well as the sim and FSUIPC I could still use elevator, aileron, throttles etc. 

Anyway, I reinstalled the bus yesterday and had a night shift so I can only get to try it today. Will try that then and then report back. Thanks!

Stu Antonio

That's odd, then there was maybe still something left in the FSUIPC or something.
Be sure to also check the second virtual Joystick (I think it installs two by default).

It definitely works here, the only thing that is moving my controls is the vJoy via the P3D mapping (I go through the "JoystickCurves" App btw.).
I have a pretty individual config here, with some things set in the FSLabs Control Menu and some things in FSUIPC too ... :)

Drop me a line if you have problems later, maybe we can sort this out.

Cheers

Chris Kreuzbichler

Before I had reinstalled the bus yesterday I actually also had the problem that for some reason my rudders werent moving the nose wheel steering at all anymore and thus couldnt control on the ground. Weird things happened there that probably even the ghostbuster wouldnt have been able to solve

Chris Kreuzbichler

So it seems to be working now - but I have an issue I have encountered ever since the latest update: Whenever I apply brakes with my Thrustmaster pedals they are applied to some degree. Even if my physical pedals dont have any toe brake input in the sim there is until I press period (brakes) after which they get fully released. I have tried unplugging, recalibrating, reinstalled drivers and such to no avail. 

I never had that issue before - until the latest update

Stu Antonio
9 hours ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

So it seems to be working now - but I have an issue I have encountered ever since the latest update: Whenever I apply brakes with my Thrustmaster pedals they are applied to some degree. Even if my physical pedals dont have any toe brake input in the sim there is until I press period (brakes) after which they get fully released. I have tried unplugging, recalibrating, reinstalled drivers and such to no avail. 

I never had that issue before - until the latest update

Is it really braking though?
I too have this effect but I can only see this when I look at the pedals in the sim (the effect is really small). But it seems that it doesn’t have any braking effect and maybe is just some animation bug, idk.

But if it does really brake without you touching the pedals, maybe it needs calibration...?

Chris Kreuzbichler
3 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Is it really braking though?
I too have this effect but I can only see this when I look at the pedals in the sim (the effect is really small). But it seems that it doesn’t have any braking effect and maybe is just some animation bug, idk.

But if it does really brake without you touching the pedals, maybe it needs calibration...?

It is. When I press period the toe brake animation moves to the neutral - or more like 'non-braking' position. I also see the brake pressure gauge increasing so there is definitely something.

I have recalibrated it already x times

Stu Antonio

So you don‘t have any input on the Windows calibration tool? That‘s good. Then either something is mayber mapped twice or some other input is also giving brake commands...

Have you tried to just remove the fsuipc.ini (backup) and let it write a new one? Or maybe even flush the P3D.cfg and get rid of all controller mappings...? At least that‘s what I would do. Set everything to „0“, make sure nothing is doning anything and then start from there. 

Chris Kreuzbichler
19 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

So you don‘t have any input on the Windows calibration tool? That‘s good. Then either something is mayber mapped twice or some other input is also giving brake commands...

Have you tried to just remove the fsuipc.ini (backup) and let it write a new one? Or maybe even flush the P3D.cfg and get rid of all controller mappings...? At least that‘s what I would do. Set everything to „0“, make sure nothing is doning anything and then start from there. 

Am currently taxiing in the B772 and the plane moves normally. Also no issues with rudder or anything - so I assume my FSLbus is butchered in some way I don't know

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

Am currently taxiing in the B772 and the plane moves normally. Also no issues with rudder or anything - so I assume my FSLbus is butchered in some way I don't know

Have you seen/tried this? 

That's what I use for my raking and - imo - gibes me much better control over the brakes. Requires them to be set in FSUIPC though... 

Chris Kreuzbichler
22 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Have you seen/tried this? 

That's what I use for my raking and - imo - gibes me much better control over the brakes. Requires them to be set in FSUIPC though... 

Mind sending me your FSUIPC settings, please?

Stu Antonio
12 minutes ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

Mind sending me your FSUIPC settings, please?

No problem, but be aware, I have a very individual setting ("FSLabs" profile). 
TCA Throttle start switches and A/P disco are set via the Fslabs Control Panel, all other buttons of the TCM bundle I have set via FSUIPC (like parking brake or NWS disco etc.).
Throttles, brakes and steering tiller are set in FSUIPC, the tiller with a extended range to make it a little less sensitive.
Then I have set autosave (with the AlsoManage-function to avoid files stacking up on my HD) and I'm using a script that prevents autosaves blow 2500ft AGL, to avoid stutters in critical phases.
I have also set the FSUIPC traffic zapper with individual discances etc.
And then there's the brake.lua script with a slope setting as recommended by Peter. And note that I use only one pedal to activate brakes on both sides, otherwise I can't control on the runway :)

(The "Basic" Profile is just for testing)

So take a look at it and copy whatever you think fits your needs, but don't just use it as it is, as that might mess up some things ;)

FSUIPC6.ini