Thrustmaster TCA officer pack and add-on installation guide tips

A_ndré_F_olkers

A_ndré_F_olkers

Version 1.08 (this version is based on P3Dv5 5.2.22.27615 and FSLabs version 5.0.1.169 A3XX + spotlight 5.0.0.3)

Tested and running on Win 11 Pro fine  10.0.22000 Build 22000

New firmware from Thrustmaster readme below:

https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/TFlightHotas/ReleaseNote_2021_TFHT_1.txt

Download:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/

Drivers - Package 2021_TFHT_1 + Firmware

Ok guys/girls sharing here the correct installation steps for the Thrustmaster TCA officer pack and add-on for our beloved Airbus.

tca_addon.jpg.6602425c0976d10a08d5e18582fda414.jpg

Correct procedure is for the TCA with the add-on to calibrate all axis the same time :

Temporary disable your virus software during this procedure!

- First uninstall the old driver and reboot your PC,
- Install the latest driver and reboot your PC
- Update the firmware to the latest version and reboot your PC

image.png.b8649f23dd1334a5bd69573031557706.png

Latest versions are:

- For the joystick version 1.11 and control panel version 2.06
- For the throttle version 1.69 and control panel version 2.06

Driver download link Thrustmaster:

driver download

Calibration video from the throttle:

calibration video from Thrustmaster

Steps to follow for calibration with the complete TCA set.

Step 1:

Insert the pin to combine the two throttles
disconnect the TCA USB cable
set the throttle to full reverse
press the right black button and plug the USB cable in

Step 2:

push the throttle to full forward
set the spoilers to retracted (RET)
flaps up (0)
push the two red buttons simultaneous and gear handle up and down

Step 3:

set the throttles to mct/flx detent (next one)
spoiler to 1/4

flaps to 1

Step 4:

set the throttles to clb detent
spoiler to 1/2
flaps to 2

Step 5:

set throttles to idle detent
spoiler to 3/4
flaps to 3

Step 6:

set spoiler to full
flaps to full
gear handle up and down

Final step here confirm with pushing the two black buttons on the throttle simultaneous then unplug the USB cable

Plug the USB cable in again...

Check if it looks similar in the control panel.
Move the spoiler and flap and throttles to there full axis range.

4b0608f1d342ae63276cb0d02fd5165497448487.thumb.jpeg.4d621bbd90cb67dc92acb2df24d3c4a1.jpeg

Next step is for using your device with the FSLabs menu, is to make sure the following settings are enabled in P3Dv5:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.3c0a8c9dcc1b928b0da85a863c968df9.jpg

Disable any axis assigned here:

image.png.9c38df6403db4d16ed41bd4e15ba7966.png

image.png.5d1da869c06ccf0d1ff365dc1f9506ac.png

Make sure not one key assignment is added to your TCA devices.

FSLabs input menu can be found at the top add-ons menu part from P3D:

image.png.7948a9bb4fff8de98c9f0943fe38272a.png

Next step is to open the manual A320X Introduction Guide P3D.pdf page 12 – 14 to configure the detents in the MCDU.

screenshot see manual for instruction to follow:

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.82ec7316f40f00e1cf07c728e4a15f27.jpg

I attach here below my ini files from the FSLabs airbus for reference.

Ok this post is to help our fellow simmers out there and a repository for tips and tricks for the Thrustmaster TCA add-on in combination with FSLabs airbus

Other solution for not working engine and cranck and other switches is the solution by FSLabs Lefteris to rename the FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file and to rebuild a new one....

Other post from our fellow simmer Mark with instruction from Thrustmaster to solve the detent issue:

A320FlapLever.ini A320ThrustLevers.ini FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Norman Blackburn pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Michel REIBAUD

very nice to have the precise gait to make sure the Thrustmaster will run smoothly.  Excellent and operational

Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, Árni Árnason said:

First uninstall the old driver and reboot your PC

where would I find this driver?

To uninstall it?  It's in the 'Apps & features' list in Win 10 as 'T.flight hotas drivers'.  Select it and click 'uninstall'.

• Like 1
Nuno Batista

Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance for all of your information that i've already use to solve some of the issues.

However, I have the following:

With my TCA on idle, on FSLABs shows as in the following picture (not in idle position).

It only goes to idle when i choose the revert on TCA.

Do you have any ideia?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice flights. :)

TCA.png

A_ndré_F_olkers
17 hours ago, Nuno Batista said:

Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance for all of your information that i've already use to solve some of the issues.

However, I have the following:

With my TCA on idle, on FSLABs shows as in the following picture (not in idle position).

It only goes to idle when i choose the revert on TCA.

Do you have any ideia?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice flights. :)

That's because there is an overlap with rev idle and fwd idle

What happens when you define the gate rev idle as -060/-057 further I notice that the gate between fwd idle and cl is pretty large...

• Like 1
Nuno Batista

It seem that was a problem with the quadrant.

I switched by a new one and the problem is solved. just with a few changes on the "gates".

Thanks anyway. :)

A_ndré_F_olkers
46 minutes ago, Nuno Batista said:

It seem that was a problem with the quadrant.

I switched by a new one and the problem is solved. just with a few changes on the "gates".

Thanks anyway. :)

Glad you solved the issue :-)

Giancarlo chiamulera

My thrust levers are set correctly, but now.. how i correctly set my ENG1 ENG2, IGN/START, CRANK switches to work with FSX with flightsimlabsa320 thank you.
I already deleted the FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini 
I start the sim and a NO NEW file is created.
and downloaded the one from above but still nothing, this is what i see 
image.thumb.png.5c1053b59416eaf33a4cacbce68c857c.png

image.thumb.png.fd5b53edf32b91dca3e65cd4cea7e2df.png

image.thumb.png.463b4b397ad6048ec2883b5f0317cc4c.png

image.thumb.png.7b79106c18fe044335af277d72a7da98.png

Norman Blackburn
18 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

It seems you are missing the control menu, what you can do is reinstall the latest version 5.0.1.169 and when starting FSX and asked to auto config select yes.

The control menu is only available for P3Dv4 or greater.   The FSX version which is NOT updated is 1.0.1.400

• Thanks 1
A_ndré_F_olkers
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

The control menu is only available for P3Dv4 or greater.   The FSX version which is NOT updated is 1.0.1.400

Thanks for the wise advice Norman will adjust my message...

• 3 weeks later...
Andreas Thiele

I had this too. Deinstall all ThrustMaster drivers. In the Windows default driver there is a tab where you can reset to defaults. This should fix it. 

Nick Farrington
12 minutes ago, Andreas Thiele said:

I had this too. Deinstall all ThrustMaster drivers. In the Windows default driver there is a tab where you can reset to defaults. This should fix it. 

Where about am i looking in device manager Andreas as i cant find TM in there

Nick Farrington

Ahhhh right I did find something about TM in device manager so uninstalled driver from there. And I still have my problems 

Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, Nick Farrington said:

Ahhhh right I did find something about TM in device manager so uninstalled driver from there. And I still have my problems 

If you have an entry in 'apps & features' (or programs & features) named 'T.Flight Hotas Drivers', uninstall that.  Then run 'joy.cpl' and reset to default as @Andreas Thiele suggested.  That should get you back to the start.

Nick Farrington
1 hour ago, Peter Hastings said:

If you have an entry in 'apps & features' (or programs & features) named 'T.Flight Hotas Drivers', uninstall that.  Then run 'joy.cpl' and reset to default as @Andreas Thiele suggested.  That should get you back to the start.

That has worked thank you guys i am now just starting the sim now 

• 3 weeks later...
Norman Blackburn
8 hours ago, Árni Árnason said:

What does this refer to ,,desired end".

The end of the area you would like it to be.

Peter Hastings

Just a quick question to see if anyone has gone through the same situation that I'm about to experience.

I've had the TM side stick and quadrant for a while and managed to get them working without any problems.  Today though, I checked the TM UK online shop and was astonished to see one quadrant add-on left in stock, so I immediately bought it!

I'm guessing that all I need to do is to go through the TM calibration process in their video again, but this time for the quadrant AND add-on. Also, I've got the latest TM control panel, so I'll check to see if the add-on firmware has an update.  I'll do both of these things before firing up P3D.

Has anyone any experiences to share?

• 4 weeks later...
Enrique Perez

All of the sudden, the TCA QUADRANT swichtes stopped working

I tired EVERYTHING posted in this forum with no result.

FSL_A320X_Kbd file does not recognize the QUADRANT, but throtthle, flaps and spoiler I could manage from the Fslabs addon in the sim( that it does not show any option to map the quadrant)

[ThrustMaster]
FO={E934ABD0-20FD-11EB-8001-444553540000}
[SideStick Transducer Unit 2]
Disc Btn=joystick:{E934ABD0-20FD-11EB-8001-444553540000}:button:2
Pitch Axis=joystick:{E934ABD0-20FD-11EB-8001-444553540000}:YAxis
Roll Axis=joystick:{E934ABD0-20FD-11EB-8001-444553540000}:XAxis

SIM:P3DV5.1

Please, any other option will be appreciated

Enrique Perez

Solved--By mistake( or most probably my son did it...:rolleyes:) it was selected on the quadrant eng 3&4 not 1&2, therefore it was the reason of not being detected.

Cheers

Enrique

sorry peoples but can anyone lend me a helping hand 

i received my thrustmaster TCA pack today and for the past few hours ive tried everything to get it to work but im having a terrible time 

is anyone else having the same problem as me ? throttle lever 1 keeps changing the view when it goes to toga ? sorry to be a pain thanks in advance for any help 

lee 

10 minutes ago, Adrian Knott said:

Mine did the same, just go into the assignments for the joystick buttons and you will find one that is set to change the view, then delete it.

is that on the FSlabs menu or p3d ? my throttles are stuck at max reverse even tho on the quadrant they are idle 

thanks for your help matey :) 

Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, Lee Jones said:

sorry peoples but can anyone lend me a helping hand 

i received my thrustmaster TCA pack today and for the past few hours ive tried everything to get it to work but im having a terrible time 

is anyone else having the same problem as me ? throttle lever 1 keeps changing the view when it goes to toga ? sorry to be a pain thanks in advance for any help 

lee 

There's a virtual button on the left lever (button 9 IIRC) that P3D maps to 'view - next category'.  Find that in the P3D options and delete it.  Some of the other TM buttons get assigned as well, but they don't seem to be used.

Re the max reverse thing - are your settings in the MCDU set up to us reverse on stick?  You need to do this and make sure that the MCDU reading for THR POS goes from -1.000 to +1.000 for the full travel of the lever.  Then set your detents.

26 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

There's a virtual button on the left lever (button 9 IIRC) that P3D maps to 'view - next category'.  Find that in the P3D options and delete it.  Some of the other TM buttons get assigned as well, but they don't seem to be used.

Re the max reverse thing - are your settings in the MCDU set up to us reverse on stick?  You need to do this and make sure that the MCDU reading for THR POS goes from -1.000 to +1.000 for the full travel of the lever.  Then set your detents.

yeah! I managed to sort out the view thing thanks chaps I've done the thing on the MCDU and I'm still getting no joy with that :( 

Peter Hastings

There's another thread from someone with similar issues that I posted on - there's a way to clear the TM settings/calibration and start again.  The main thing afterwards is to follow Andre's steps above.

• 1 month later...
Lothar Gentzsch

How can it be ? I`ve the newest TCA Throttle an TCA Addon. The TCA Joystick is a little bit older. I have the newest driver and firmware and newest A320 SL from FSLab. After some trials I have the Throttle Detends adjusted in correct position. But when I move the Flap Lever on the Addon, the Throttle jump to TOGA ? ???

Rafal Haczek
27 minutes ago, Lothar Gentzsch said:

But when I move the Flap Lever on the Addon, the Throttle jump to TOGA ? ???

Check your assignments (FSUIPC if you have and/or default ones).
Looks like somehow your flap axis is also assigned to throttle(s).

Lothar Gentzsch

Thank you Rafal. Yes, FSUIPC has automatically connect the Flaplever to Thrustlever. It`s tricky, then it was`nt me. I set the Flap Lever to Flap Axis in FSUIPC. This error is deleted.

Regards and thank

Lothar

Lothar Gentzsch

One fault still remain: My Flap Lever reached in Pos 3 the amount from 1.000. So the Lever jump from 2 direkt to Full, Pos 3 is not stable. Several trials with adjustments and FSUIPC are  without changes. Pos 3 remains in 1.000. It´s to early.....:angry:. Cannot expand the range...

Rafal Haczek
3 hours ago, Lothar Gentzsch said:

Several trials with adjustments and FSUIPC are  without changes.

Try not to assign flaps via FSUIPC, but directly in the in-sim FSLabs menu (Add-ons\FSLabs\*Input Commands...).

flaps.jpg

Lothar Gentzsch

Thanks Rafal. The only step I made in FSUIPC was to set the FLAP Lever to FLAP Lever, because the FLAP Lever moved the Throttles. No more nothing set in FSUIPC. All I did was in The FSLab Menu, according your picture. But my FLAP3 setting reached the amount 1.000 to early and jump to FULL. Many trials in the Flap.ini as well without changes.

FLAP Lever.ini attached

A320FlapLever.ini

Norman Blackburn
4 hours ago, Lothar Gentzsch said:

The only step I made in FSUIPC was to set the FLAP Lever to FLAP Lever

Why would you do this though?

Tom van der Elst
7 hours ago, Lothar Gentzsch said:

because the FLAP Lever moved the Throttles

That usually means there's an assignment in P3D, if you delete that it should work.

All assignment of axis should be deleted in the P3D menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------break

below all entirely in jest!

2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Why would you do this though?

˅

7 hours ago, Lothar Gentzsch said:

because the FLAP Lever moved the Throttles

:P:P:P:P:P:P

Lothar Gentzsch

I have solved my problem with the flaps settings. You could also have told me that I have to repeat step 6 in the Crontoller Windows settings.
Then the values for flap 3 are not 1,000 yet.

This is step 6:
 Step 6:

set spoiler to full
flaps to full
gear handle up and down

Final step here confirm with pushing the two black buttons on the throttle simultaneously then unplug the USB cable

Plug the USB cable in again...
Move the spoiler and flap and throttles to there full axis range.

Thanks anyway for your participation:)