[Answered] Joystick required for a320?

Tom van de Wetering

Tom van de Wetering

Hi,

I’m thinking about purchasing the a320 for FSX (don’t judge me for still owning FSX lol). The only thing keeping me from purchasing is that I don’t know if I can use just my keyboard just like the PMDG planes. Aerosoft also offers the a320 family but you need a joystick the control that plane. So, my question, do I need a joystick for the FSLabs a320?

Please refrain from trying to convince me to buy a joystick.. I'm sure you have your reasons but so have I..

Sincerely,

Tom van de Wetering

Norman Blackburn

Can you fly without a joystick?  Yes.  Do we think its a good idea?  No. 

We don't support autorudder which means you will be pressing numerous buttons simultaneously to try and maintain control.  The majority of your landings would need to be autolands.   

In all honesty we can not recommend flying without a joystick.

Lucas Legros

I can't even begin to imagine having to play such a powerful complex simulation without at the very least a controller. Save your money on the FSL and buy a joystick, and a basic plane, train yourself to control via a real command and then come back to FSL I believe.

peter kelberg

thought  using  a  joystick is  alot  easier  to  fly  the  plane  than just using the  key  board

Walter Meier

Come on, folks! Just let the guy fly with his keyboard. Who knows? Maybe he has to sit through a mindnumbingly boring Land Use Law class and wants to fly his sim without the professor noticing. Not saying I ever did such a thing. No, siree! I always paid full attention in class... ;)

And, going by some of the answers above, the answer seems to be yes, it is possible to fly the A320X with just a keyboard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Tom van de Wetering
21 hours ago, Walter Meier said:

Come on, folks! Just let the guy fly with his keyboard. Who knows? Maybe he has to sit through a mindnumbingly boring Land Use Law class and wants to fly his sim without the professor noticing. Not saying I ever did such a thing. No, siree! I always paid full attention in class... ;)

And, going by some of the answers above, the answer seems to be yes, it is possible to fly the A320X with just a keyboard.

Exactly what Walter says! Why do you all care if I use a keyboard.. I’m a broke student who barely has enough money for rent. I don’t even have enough money for the plane itself. Mind your own business and just answer the question and move on.. l also fly PMDG with a keyboard and none of the people over there are so preoccupied with wanting me to switch to joystick.. 

Good day all

• Confused 1
Sabine Meier

The main point some of us want to bring across is that a joystick will help you immensely in enjoying the product even more. 

• Like 1
  • Norman Blackburn changed the title to [Answered] Joystick required for a320?
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic