Problem with Visual c++ redistributable

Chris Thiel

Chris Thiel

Hi all,

I need help to solve a strange problem with visual c++ redistributable 2015-2019. The problem is that after a reinstallation of some p3d addon (I cannot exactly reproduce which addon, but i believe it was gsx) visual c++ 2015-2019 was (re-) installed. Suddenly several Apps, e.g. P3D, were shutting down automatically shortly after app start. I found out that this happens if visual c++ 2015-2019 x86 and x64 version are both installed. If I only use either the x86 or the x64 version the problem does not occur. I need both versions installed because some apps require the x86 aswell as some require the x64 version. 

Has anybody experienced the same problem or does know whats the cause?

Highly appreciate your feedback. 

Kind regards,

Chris

Stephen Cooke

Chris,

Download both x86 and x64 2015-2019 vcredist from Microsoft HERE

Uninstall any 2015-2019 versions via windows control panel, reboot.

Install the versions downloaded.

I find the FSDT updates to be a pain.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your quick response.

I removed and reinstalled the 2015-2019 versions as descibed above by u. Unfortunately i couldn't solve the problem, that apps keep shutting down automatically shorty after start if both the x86 and the x64 version are installed. If I remove one version apps keep working again. (I keep the x64 version cause most of the apps run with it.) 

Funny thing: Even the deinstaller of the 2015-2019 c++ will shut down, if I try to remove it, so I have to be fast.

Could It be possible, that there the some older files existing, which lead to this problems?

Kind regards,

Chris

Stephen Cooke

I would make a note of all installed vcredist versions and then uninstall all of them, reboot and add them back clean. You should obtain the new installs from Microsoft although I use a package from HERE that has a batch file to install the lot.

• Like 1
Angel Vallejo Duarri

I had the same problem last week, I unistalled all redistributables files and the Nvidia drivers, rebooted the computer, installed last redistributables files from microsoft website, last drivers from Nvidia, rebooted, and then P3d stopped crashing.