Increase performance in the FSLabs in V4

Harry Edwards

Harry Edwards

Hi, 

So I just built a brand new PC, and installed v4, but the frames at cruise are quite bad, I was wondering if there's any performance tweaks you could do. I'm well above the reccomended requirements and it's still quite laggy, any suggestions.

I have a Ryzen 2600 (not the X) with a GTX 1660, and P3D and FSlabs in on a 1TB NVME SSD. 

Love to know your thoughts. 

CHENLIAO

If you want to get higher performance, the v5 is your best choice.

Same setting, same scenery.

The Bus in V4 in Vc, FPS: around 40

V5, I can get stable 50.

The v4 is based on DX11, V5 is Dx12. That's why so many people are urgent MFS to upgrade to DX12.

Andre Heilscher
19 hours ago, Harry Edwards said:

Hi, 

So I just built a brand new PC, and installed v4, but the frames at cruise are quite bad, I was wondering if there's any performance tweaks you could do. I'm well above the reccomended requirements and it's still quite laggy, any suggestions.

I have a Ryzen 2600 (not the X) with a GTX 1660, and P3D and FSlabs in on a 1TB NVME SSD. 

Love to know your thoughts. 

Windows 10 energy management should be set to "maximum power", if the Ryzen 2600 has a hyperthreading option (I actually don't know) it is better to turn it off. Also the shader cache of the nvidia driver sometimes makes problems. Try to clean it (better use google - it is NOT only done by deleting the files). The files can be found here: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache

If there are other reasons - just try to locate what could be wrong. In my case I had bad frames but the CPU was not trying to speed up. Simply have a look at the task manager.