Notes from BlackBox711 and AirbusFTW's Twitch Chat with Lefteris and Andy:

Robert Sutherland

Koen Meier

Thanks for transcribing it all. It is extremely nice to read what has been said. Nice to know how development goes and consideration being made and equally so how the efb functions. 

Edited by Koen Meier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Robert Sutherland
4 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Thanks for transcribing it all. It is extremely nice to read what has been said. Nice to know how development goes and consideration being made and equally so how the efb functions. 

You're very welcome, Koen. 

Daniel Reber

Thank you, Robert, for the summary!

Still sad about no EIS plans, this makes like half of the A320 family miss for me, however, I´m gonna be super fine with the Sharklets and the WTF models as the level of detail and realism is just insane with FSL. Put the neo on top and we´re just missing 1/3 with EIS1 missing:P Tbh, it sounded a little like there are new engines on the line. EIS plans were taken out with a straight no, neos we´re put under "no comment" which is normal as these would be under an NDA. However, that´s just my POV and my interpretation on the "neo-statement". 

Really hoping for a soon release now. Taking long now is something FSL mustn´t do. You can compare it with giving your dog some food and remove it right in front of his/her nose, in other words: TORTURE

• Like 2
Dave Taylor

Robert, great transcribe for this camaraderie and friendship I feel that we are all a part of.

Thank you very much.

• Thanks 1
Robert Sutherland
3 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

Robert, great transcribe for this camaraderie and friendship I feel that we are all a part of.

Thank you very much.

You’re welcome, Dave! 

klaus legrand

greta job from FSLABS @Lefteris Kalamarasand the team,

"

Regarding the time it’s taken to code the Sharklets addon:

Andy: Sharklets development started early summer 2019. It's been a project where we've learnt a lot about the aircraft. We initially thought a couple of wingtips and fuel burn. But it turned out not to be the case. It's a tip of the iceberg job, once you look under the water you realise there's a lot more going on. It's not just figuring that data out but working out how to get that on to people's desktops."

Maybe if you tell what is below the iceberg tip (the process behind the scenes to get from A to Z, the project story  not your coding secrets :D) maybe that will put in perspective what it takes to deliver such a marvellous aircratf !

• Like 3
Craig Baillie

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I find twitch a bit of an assault on the aural senses, so I didn’t spend a lot of time there! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Alex Gil

I have to say that Lefteris and the entire great team behind these planes have really brought flight simulation to a whole new level. The immersion level is just out of this world compared to most other addons. In combination with GSX and fs2crew, I really feel like I'm back to flying a real airplane. Although I never flew any other airliner than the CRJ-700, and having changed careers to the other side of the mic, I always wished that I would one day get a chance to fly the A320 series. This addon has really made me appreciate the beauty and joy of flying(albeit virtually) while not having to deal with being away from home and family on 4-day trips constantly. I am extremely excited to keep supporting you guys and like everyone else on here can't wait to see what the future holds!

Thanks for constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible within this hobby! Also, the new flight control input setup has been a complete game changer for me!

• Like 10
Matthew Webb

Thanks heaps  for putting that together.  I found the stream itself quite irritating with the constant  subscriber notifications, welcoming viewers, ATC, hosts talking over the conversation when the other host's questions were being answered, etc.

About the add-on itself, truly excited!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Michael Ackermann
8 hours ago, Alex Gil said:

This addon has really made me appreciate the beauty and joy of flying(albeit virtually) while not having to deal with being away from home and family on 4-day trips constantly. I am extremely excited to keep supporting you guys and like everyone else on here can't wait to see what the future holds!

I did always regret I never made it into an aviation career due to a red/green eye problem. I don't regret it anymore, thanks to FSLabs and the immersion you mentioned, and this ...

• Like 2
Timm Rehberg

Thx so much! It very much helped me out stay in line with the shown and announced features and infos as I was off for 4 days now with my family before new lockdown may come around here.

Thx!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Antti Salo

I’m allergic to Twitch so big thanks for the transcript!

Has there been any mention of what the ”Maintenance” module in the EFB contains? I have no doubt a proper technical log (something like what the MaddogX has) is somewhere on the roadmap, but no mention of whether something like that is included at this time.

• Like 1
Errais abdeljalil
9 minutes ago, Antti Salo said:

Has there been any mention of what the ”Maintenance” module in the EFB contains? I have no doubt a proper technical log (something like what the MaddogX has) is somewhere on the roadmap, but no mention of whether something like that is included at this time.

The maintenace page is for the GSX stuff

Danny Moore

Thanks for putting this together. I watched both streams but moved over to AirbusFTW stream because it was less intrusive with all the Alerts. I like BB711 also but due to his large following his alerts were going off all the time during the question/answers from the developers I was unable to hear some of the answers. I wish during preview streams such as this, Alerts would be muted so everyone can enjoy the discussion with the developers. As some have said, they are not Twitch followers for this very reason. Call me old school but I preferred the YouTube videos like the one that introduced the FSLabs to P3Dv4. The developer showed us all the changes due to 64 bit.

• Like 2
Michael Teague

We have heard a request for an application to install updates and it is also on our radar.

pmdg's ops center is pretty nice.. fsl should do something similar.. not only for minor updates, but the livery management is fantastic

Christophe Binsfeld
On 4/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, Robert Sutherland said:

Regarding future plans:

Andy: We’re not answering questions about A330/A350/A380. They really do take months of investigating, analysis, market research and understanding what resources are available to us. It's based on months if not years of research into these titles. We've said all we can say. We are working on something that does take more fuel, it starts with an A3!

And it's not the Concorde. Time will show what it is that is going on in the background. And people are saying A330 confirmed, I didn't say that!

So no comment about A330/A350/A380 :D But it Starts with A3... More fuel... Why isn't there a A340 listened? :P

Koen Meier

i would love fslabs to do very cryptic puzzle for their fans to findout what the next verion might be. ofcourse ending up with a totally fake answer to keep the NDA alive.

Daniel Reber
1 hour ago, Christophe Binsfeld said:

So no comment about A330/A350/A380 :D But it Starts with A3... More fuel... Why isn't there a A340 listened? :P

Well, either it´s one of the three, or they randomly took the three most common amongst the modern ones. We shouldn´t forget, next to these and the A340, there is also the A300 and A310, both ot them starting with A3...

Stu Antonio

He said quote „We are working on something that does take more fuel, it starts with an A3!“
Take more fuel, not necessarily burn more fuel. :) So I‘m throwing in an A321XLR :D

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

He said quote „We are working on something that does take more fuel, it starts with an A3!“
Take more fuel, not necessarily burn more fuel. :) So I‘m throwing in an A321XLR :D

The a321 with two act takes more fuel and starts with A3. Mystery solved.

Stu Antonio

Guys, I have a little question.
On BB‘s stream mark 14:35 he shows a checklist on the EFB and seems confused and almost outraged by it saying quote:

„When I saw this I was like what on earth is this? that’s not a checklist, that’s a procedure guide. That has nothing to do with checklist!“

Can someone explain to me why?? To me it looks like most of the checklists I saw from different airline and it seems to be the standard airbus checklist (also what FS2Crew does)... Why is he so irritated by this?? Why did he say it has nothing to do with checklists?

Stu

2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

On BB‘s stream mark 14:35 he shows a checklist on the EFB and seems confused and almost outraged by it saying quote:

„When I saw this I was like what on earth is this? that’s not a checklist, that’s a procedure guide. That has nothing to do with checklist!“

Can someone explain to me why?? To me it looks like most of the checklists I saw from different airline and it seems to be the standard airbus checklist (also what FS2Crew does)... Why is he so irritated by this?? Why did he say it has nothing to do with checklists?

Stu

He had swapped airlines with his other real world counterpart AirbusFTW - Blackbox flying the British Airways and AirbusFTW flying Lufty

He was simply comparing the two checklists and that BAs are so much longer and long winded compared to his airlines checklist in the real world 

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Liam Carbin said:

He had swapped airlines with his other real world counterpart AirbusFTW - Blackbox flying the British Airways and AirbusFTW flying Lufty

He was simply comparing the two checklists and that BAs are so much longer and long winded compared to his airlines checklist in the real world 

I see. Okay, so he was just kinda mocking and exaggerating a bit I guess. LHs checklists are not really THAT much shorter afaik.... :)

2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Stu

A portion comes from what we can be called AIDE-MEMOIRE on the BA checklist. This might be removed at other airlines. it is actually a good safety net

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

A portion comes from what we can be called AIDE-MEMOIRE on the BA checklist. This might be removed at other airlines. it is actually a good safety net

Yeah, I‘ve seen airlines skipping after start or after landing checklists, I guess there are differences. :) ... the „what on eart is that“ sounded just a bit strong from the otherwise so collected BB. :D 

Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Yeah, I‘ve seen airlines skipping after start or after landing checklists, I guess there are differences. :) ... the „what on eart is that“ sounded just a bit strong from the otherwise so collected BB. :D 

sidenote i still hope he gets to experience the simfest and the BA ops in the full nature. :D

Peter Hastings
15 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I see. Okay, so he was just kinda mocking and exaggerating a bit I guess. LHs checklists are not really THAT much shorter afaik.... :)

I got the impression during the stream that he was just joking around with AirbusFTW - like when he said that he should have ordered more fuel to allow for the extra time needed to complete the checklists.

Robert Sutherland
10 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I think BB711 and AirbusFTW are friends so it really was just banter. BB711 also knows quite a few Airbus pilots, probably from his line of work but also from working with FSLabs, so I assume he was just trying to get a rise out of them, too :) 

Just now, Harry Westbury said:

I think you missed the humour with this. It is merely a running joke on the stream!

i got the running joke. but it would have been perfect if it was titan. 

• Haha 1