P3Dv5.1 FSL A320 is BSOD/CTD

Michael Pannell

Michael Pannell

Hi,

This has been an ongoing event, every flight within 10 minutes to an hour in it will CTD or BSOD. I have run every windows diagnostic I can think of.  It should be noted I frequently run other payware/3rd party aircraft for very long flights and have no problems whatsoever.  Event viewer doesn't tell me much at all other than its faulting P3D and ASPD which I have recently uninstalled Activesky.  
System specs: i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB  with a 2080ti using 461.92 driver

Someone please help  because I've run out of ideas on what could be the problem.  System temperatures, usages are all within acceptable ranges (60-70C CPU) and generally 40C for the GPU so I don't suspect it's a hardware issue.

Walter Meier
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Latest Nvidia drivers cause issues.

461.92 is a pretty stable driver. It seems something else might be afoot with Michael's system. Notwithstanding this, I would probably try a complete uninstall of the driver with DDU followed by a reinstallation of the same driver. This has helped me in the past.

• Like 2
phil highton

Run Windows mem test and if your comfortable CMD ( admin ) prompt sfc /scannow to run tests on your memory and system files see if that throws up  anything !

• Like 1
phil highton
18 hours ago, Walter Meier said:

461.92 is a pretty stable driver. It seems something else might be afoot with Michael's system. Notwithstanding this, I would probably try a complete uninstall of the driver with DDU followed by a reinstallation of the same driver. This has helped me in the past.

Maybe try the studio driver instead of the game driver , I've read that has helped some people 

Braeden Dang

The most recent Nvidia driver caused nonstop crashes of my P3Dv5 so I had to backdate to the driver from February.

• Like 1
Michael Pannell
On 4/2/2021 at 11:07 AM, phil highton said:

Run Windows mem test and if your comfortable CMD ( admin ) prompt sfc /scannow to run tests on your memory and system files see if that throws up  anything !

I did that. I rolled back to February driver as well.

• Like 1
Michael Pannell

Problem still unresolved. It should also be noted I have no overclocks cpu or gpu. The faulting in event viewer ranges from p3d to g2d.dll. Flew 10 hours today with another plane with no problems. I have added exclusions to almost everything I can find fslabs related in the windows defender antivirus.

Norman Blackburn

BSOD is hardware related.  Each and every single time.

phil highton

you could try and tone down your settings a notch  then delete / rebuild your CFG

Andrew Wilson

As others have mentioned, BSOD is hardware/driver related. You could check you're on a recent BIOS. Unfortunatley there is no easy way to diagnose these types of issues. 

• Like 1
Sveinung Kaurstad

When a BSOD happens, then it will crate a MEMORY.DMP file in C:\Windows. I suggest you download a viewer that is able to read .DMP.

This should then provide you with some more information to what happens. Can be overwhelming with all the information at first.

An easier way is also to google the message that the BSOD gives you.

Hopefully you can get this sorted :)

• Like 1
Michael Pannell

If it's a hardware problem how is it possible I can fly a 17 hour flight with other products. This is beyond me.  I'll update the BIOS and roll back a driver again  but if it doesn't work after that I think I'm done with this product.

Koen Meier
31 minutes ago, Michael Pannell said:

If it's a hardware problem how is it possible I can fly a 17 hour flight with other products. This is beyond me.  I'll update the BIOS and roll back a driver again  but if it doesn't work after that I think I'm done with this product.

Fslabs just pushes hardware a little further then other addons.

Michael Pannell

Okay, this seems to have been resolved by a BIOS update and changing BIOS back to default. Hyperthreading back to enabled.  I've made 3 successful flights since last post.

• Thanks 1